hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forest fan, I'd ignore some of the posts above as, like every other club, there are fans who just can't believe anything other than good news happens down ER way.

As the story has been covered in genuine Forest sites as headline news then there could be something in it, to what extent we'll just need to wait and see but it would be a strange move to leave a manager's job to return to a asst position at a club where he appears to have been roundly vilified whilst manager.

If you hear anything else don't be shy in posting.

Ps if you are a Jambo then did FJK about Thomson?
    At least that would never happen with Hibs
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxhibs View Post
    We have been linked with a few of his ex players including earnshaw, so why couldn't he be meeting him to discuss transfers
    Alternatively CC may have been giving SM a heads up on the backstabbing bar stewards in the Forest boardroom. Or the moaning fans. They know each other, CC has a house down south, maybe seeing his kids? Sm is in the area so they agree to meet up for a blether.

Or it could all be utter gash.

Quote Originally Posted by moredun View Post
    Come on SG, he is from Nottingham, allegedly, he needs something to cheer him up
    He is from Nottingham ..

nottmforestfan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    If you already have the info about this , what do you need us for
    What exactly is it you want to know ?
    i came on to see if he was unpropular or pissed off at Hibs - and why is he considering us ?

I know McClaren has targeted him - but like you cannot see why this would be a good move for Calderwood

If you guys told me he had just had a bust up with your chairman or he gets booed off the pitch every match it would have made sense why he was considering a move back to England

If not then sounds like McClaren has a tough job on his hands persuading him to join him at Forest - but that is what he is trying to do.

Guys last week we thought the rumour of McClaren coming to us was bull**** - same with this but strange things are happening at forest all of a sudden

Calderwood is NOT popular at Forest and if he did come back most would see it as a backward step our end as well as you can tell if you look to the response since the photo was shown on the forum etc

I have added the links where Forest fans are discussing it all on last thread of page 1

I will leave you guys alone now anyway

(On forest forums someone just posted that one of your guys had already posted something about this day before we sacked billy davies and over a week before mcclaren met calderwood)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...alderwood</div>

You never know if it happens you might end up with Billy Davies ! That would be interesting for you guys !
    Last edited by nottmforestfan; 18-06-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Could be discussing/following up interest in Brendan Maloney (if what I posted yesterday is correct.....who knows).

Or it could be two football friends meeting for a catch up and blether.........between McLaren's dutch accent and CC's Stranraer there would have had to be an interpreter in-between them surely

Quote Originally Posted by nottmforestfan View Post
    i came on to see if he was unpropular or pissed off at Hibs - and why is he considering us ?

I know McClaren has targeted him - but like you cannot see why this would be a good move for Calderwood

If you guys told me he had just had a bust up with your chairman or he gets booed off the pitch every match it would have made sense why he was considering a move back to England

If not then sounds like McClaren has a tough job on his hands persuading him to join him at Forest - but that is what he is trying to do.

Guys last week we thought the rumour of McClaren coming to us was bull**** - same with this but strange things are happening at forest all of a sudden

Calderwood is NOT popular at Forest and if he did come back most would see it as a backward step our end as well as you can tell if you look to the response since the photo was shown on the forum etc

I have added the links where Forest fans are discussing it all on last thread of page 1

I will leave you guys alone now anyway
    Good luck in your season ahead mate ..

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Really can't see this happening as it'd be a step backwards for CC - going from a boss of a team which could qualify for Europe to a number 2 at a club which couldn't? Just doesn't make sense to me and neither would it make sense to CC given he left an equivalent position at an EPL club to come to Hibs.

What makes you so sure they were meeting to discuss a coaching position - could be a plethora of other stuff including possible transfers between the clubs or exchanging info re players in their respective leagues. Or maybe even just two old mates meeting for a chat as they happened to be in the same area.
    Two managers chewing the fat, gossip about who may be available, maybe CC asking about SMcL's time in Holland and any players that may suit Hibs (SMcL apparently said "Ed de Graaf" ), SMcL catching up about the game in Britain, young upcoming players in England and Scotland, maybe he was asking for a reference for Deeks - like you say, could be something, but probably nothing.

Google Images of Colin Calderwood and Steve McClaren and you get

this

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Google Images of Colin Calderwood and Steve McClaren and you get

this

I found this:

greggs-manchester.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    I found this:

greggs-manchester.jpg

That's just creepy

First Team Breakthrough Nevi1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spanish Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevvy1875 View Post
    The OP's info is dodgier than Craig Thomsons facebook page IMO.
    Fantastic

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    I found this:

greggs-manchester.jpg

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's not long ago that CC was considered the Devil himself by, what it seemed, to be a substantial number of posters.

But as soon as a fan from another club dare suggests that moves may be afoot to lure him from Hibs, then open warfare is declared!

It's a funny old world!

nottmforestfan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It's not long ago that CC was considered the Devil himself by, what it seemed, to be a substantial number of posters.

But as soon as a fan from another club dare suggests that moves may be afoot to lure him from Hibs, then open warfare is declared!

It's a funny old world!

And we dont even want him !

Anyway good luck next season - whatever happens !

Hi Guys - this is a genuine post from a Forest fan. Our new manager Steve McClaren met Calderwood a couple of days ago to discuss a role at Forest. they met in a Leicester Hotel. This is 100% genuine. Thre was a photo leaked on a forest fans website of them meeting (since removed). Reason for registering on here is to find out if you guys know anything about what is happening ?

We at Forest ae realistic enough to consider a manager moving from a Scottish Premier League Club to be part of a backroom at a Championship club as being a step down and couldnt understand why he would even talk to us ?

Is he unhappy at your club or unpopular or both ?

Worth keeping an eye on your end - I wouldnt waste mine or your time if they werent in talks. Just wondered if anyone your end can add to this ?
    Right city, wrong team

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Unless things are happening behind the scenes that hes not happy about theres not a chance this will happen. He seems quite happy to be getting on with building a team at Hibs, just got O'Hanlon who he has admitted is a player hes been interested in for quite a while, why give that up to go back as a number 2 at a Championship club?

Would be quite annoying to lose yet another manager as well, we need some consistancy at the club and not changing managers nearly every season.

Nothing like a good hibs.net witch hunt eh?

Has it ever been considered he left the Toon right before the manager was sacked and even if he isn't that interested he might be speaking to him our of courtesy?

As for sniff sniff and calling him a jambo (yam aye that's well funny and offensive) get a grip. If we heard a manager (Like Adams) was in talks with CC for the number 2 gig then we would want more info off the managers clubs forum.

very embarrasing opening post and hilarious that some people are trying to stick up for the poster. maybe some people need to figure out what team they really support

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Schounds dooble dooch to me.

I saw a rumour that we are after a young Forrest player, although it was on football rumours, i believe it's more likely than this.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Question for the Notts Forest fan,

IF you are successful in luring our manager have you got funds for the compensation that we will be due ?

A couple of Million minimum I'd guess. Have you heard of our MR Petrie ?

nottmforestfan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Question for the Notts Forest fan,

IF you are successful in luring our manager have you got funds for the compensation that we will be due ?

A couple of Million minimum I'd guess. Have you heard of our MR Petrie ?
    If that is true we have no chance of getting him !

But so far hasnt stopped McClaren asking the questions

I have no doubt both McClaren and Calderwood can invent an alternative reason for why they met to avoid any fallout

McClaren sacked the assistant manager and all his coaches day one of the job and has been in dialogue with Calderwood ever since

And if you believe the post of the Hibs guy on here - it sounds like McClaren had already spoken to Calderwood before he even got the job

Quote Originally Posted by Inch Cabbage View Post

Has it ever been considered he left the Toon right before the manager was sacked and even if he isn't that interested he might be speaking to him our of courtesy?

As for sniff sniff and calling him a jambo (yam aye that's well funny and offensive) get a grip. If we heard a manager (Like Adams) was in talks with CC for the number 2 gig then we would want more info off the managers clubs forum.
    Aye, cos taking a job that you don't really want along with a big pay cut is better than having the remainder of your contract being paid up before having to find another job anyway. That's not forgetting that by 'right before the manager was sacked' you would appear to mean 8 weeks before the manager was sacked.

It's more likely that Calderwood REALLY wanted to be his own man and stand or fall on his own ability. That was worth taking a pay cut and moving from the Premiership.

As I said earlier, folk really don't think things scenarios through before they post them.

Incidentally, how many 'hibs.net witch hunts' has there been in the 18 days, tops, since you registered?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Aye, cos taking a job that you don't really want along with a big pay cut is better than having the remainder of your contract being paid up before having to find another job anyway. That's not forgetting that by 'right before the manager was sacked' you would appear to mean 8 weeks before the manager was sacked.

It's more likely that Calderwood REALLY wanted to be his own man and stand or fall on his own ability. That was worth taking a pay cut and moving from the Premiership.

As I said earlier, folk really don't think things scenarios through before they post them.

Incidentally, how many 'hibs.net witch hunts' has there been in the 18 days, tops, since you registered?

Has Houghton found a new gig yet like? I think Calderwood, in a managerial position is a better line to be in than on the dole with a payoff from Newcastle.

The writing was on the wall he was getting sacked before he did, I think we both know that.

It may be more likely he wanted to be his own man again of course, but we are both just speculating that and nothing is concrete. The same as his reasons for meeting McLaren (if he did) and hounding the OP for spouting pish and being a jambo for passing on information.

Maybe not in the 18 days, does everyone who registers on register the first time they log on to here like? I viewed the forum for a long time and in this time if theres a post that the majority don't like or don't agree with they get hounded, even from Admins. It's pretty pathetic at times.

Why would a lad from Nottingham register on a Hibs forum and make up a story? He wouldn't. People need to get a grip.

If that is true we have no chance of getting him !

But so far hasnt stopped McClaren asking the questions

I have no doubt both McClaren and Calderwood can invent an alternative reason for why they met to avoid any fallout

McClaren sacked the assistant manager and all his coaches day one of the job and has been in dialogue with Calderwood ever since

And if you believe the post of the Hibs guy on here - it sounds like McClaren had already spoken to Calderwood before he even got the job

Cheers for the info mate. Lets hope nothing comes of it and I don't think CC would want to leave us at this moment as he doesn't seem the quitting type but I assume he has family and friends in the area so it could be a possibility of McLaren asking an experienced manager and number 2 to come on board as he obviously knows the club and it's expectations extremely well.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Aww, diddums.

Gamer IDs

Has Houghton found a new gig yet like? I think Calderwood, in a managerial position is a better line to be in than on the dole with a payoff from Newcastle.

The writing was on the wall he was getting sacked before he did, I think we both know that.

It may be more likely he wanted to be his own man again of course, but we are both just speculating that and nothing is concrete. The same as his reasons for meeting McLaren (if he did) and hounding the OP for spouting pish and being a jambo for passing on information.

Maybe not in the 18 days, does everyone who registers on register the first time they log on to here like? I viewed the forum for a long time and in this time if theres a post that the majority don't like or don't agree with they get hounded, even from Admins. It's pretty pathetic at times.

Why would a lad from Nottingham register on a Hibs forum and make up a story? He wouldn't. People need to get a grip.
    And you KNOW he's from Nottingham because.......?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    And you KNOW he's from Nottingham because.......?
    Because HappyHibee said so

Gamer IDs

Because HappyHibee said so
    How does he know?

I'm very happy to withdraw any suggestion of Yam infestation if there is evidence to the contrary.

Jambo mutant alert