hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Nish

Left by mutual consent!

Colin Nish

Just scores 2 in 5 mins for hartlepool against some Dutch side. Welldone big man! Glad he has made a good start to his new club as after all hes one of our own.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just scores 2 in 5 mins for hartlepool against some Dutch side. Welldone big man! Glad he has made a good start to his new club as after all hes one of our own.
    Yip, well done indeed, badly treated by the Hibs fans during his last season at ER

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Yip, well done indeed, badly treated by the Hibs fans during his last season at ER
    Was it De Graff's old team.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    It's a crying shame that we can only praise one of our own after they've left the club, where we spent the majority of time dishing out some horrendous personal abuse.

It was always my dream to play for Hibs, a lifetime ambition of mine. And although I didn't make it professionally, I'd be gutted to live the dream and spend the rest of my life remembering the abuse I'd received from fellow supporters.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

He'll be on Jeff Stelling's Xmas card list now.

Well done Nishy. I was one of the 5% on here that rated you.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    He'll be on Jeff Stelling's Xmas card list now.

Well done Nishy. I was one of the 5% on here that rated you.
    Same

The abuse he got on here was OTT.

Well done Nishy!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    He's still *****. Good luck to him though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Great start for him down there.hes without doubt a confidence player so this will hopefully get the fans onside.well done big man

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Never rated him good enough for Hibs, but i wish him well at Hartlepool.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    The website I'm looking at has the scorer down as 'Gish'

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    He's still *****. Good luck to him though.
    He might be ***** in your opinion but at least he made it as a professional footballer unlike all the superstar footballers and football managers on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    That's just carelessness.

The "P" on a keyboard is nowhere near the "G".

Only kidding Nishy.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Depending on his next few performances the second letter might get a wee edit aswell

In all seriousness though i wish him all the best!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Lilian?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    He might be ***** in your opinion but at least he made it as a professional footballer unlike all the superstar footballers and football managers on here!
    Yeah, great.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    It's a crying shame that we can only praise one of our own after they've left the club, where we spent the majority of time dishing out some horrendous personal abuse.

It was always my dream to play for Hibs, a lifetime ambition of mine. And although I didn't make it professionally, I'd be gutted to live the dream and spend the rest of my life remembering the abuse I'd received from fellow supporters.
    I feel for Nish in some respects, but at the same time if you or I had the chance to play for Hibs we'd bust a gut at it.

I don't think I ever saw a game where I thought Nish looked like he was doing his very best for his boyhood heroes.He never looked like he was bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross, for example. He was offside so much it became a standing joke on here, and it's ironic that I use the word 'standing', because Nish was notorious for falling on his backside.

He took the easy option way too often, particularly when falling down under a challenge, where someone genuinely trying their hardest would be staying on their feet and battling.

I would have had a lot more sympathy for Nish if he'd even managed to match the attitude of Rankin or Stevenson, players who genuinely look like they're trying their best every game, even when they're having poor matches.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

I'm just wondering who will be the boo boys target this season.....there's always about 3.

I'm sure I saw Hoggy getting abuse even when he had left, showing the mentality of some posters on here

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    I'm just wondering who will be the boo boys target this season.....there's always about 3.

I'm sure I saw Hoggy getting abuse even when he had left, showing the mentality of some posters on here
    What's this mentality then?

IMO, this notion that the 'boo boys' look to target someone is pretty much cack. Nish wasn't victimised; he really was utter garbage last season.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    What's this mentality then?
    people sticking the boot in for just the sake of sticking the boot in.

Give it a rest. The crap players will always come in for stick, its the same at any club not just Hibs. Nish, Hogg, Rankin were cast as scapegoats by some but at the end of the day they weren't good enough to play for this club. It just took managers a lot longer than supporters to see it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I feel for Nish in some respects, but at the same time if you or I had the chance to play for Hibs we'd bust a gut at it.

I don't think I ever saw a game where I thought Nish looked like he was doing his very best for his boyhood heroes.He never looked like he was bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross, for example. He was offside so much it became a standing joke on here, and it's ironic that I use the word 'standing', because Nish was notorious for falling on his backside.

He took the easy option way too often, particularly when falling down under a challenge, where someone genuinely trying their hardest would be staying on their feet and battling.

I would have had a lot more sympathy for Nish if he'd even managed to match the attitude of Rankin or Stevenson, players who genuinely look like they're trying their best every game, even when they're having poor matches.
    If Nish deserved credit and praise when he was at the club, he'd have got it. I watched one of the most inept centre forwards in the history of Hibs, fall over like he'd been shot after challenges from the slightest of players.

I watched him stray offside, as if he was running with his eyes shut? He did have the odd decent game though, but overall imo was pretty poor. I do thank him for his wonderfull contribution towards Rob Jones goal in the 2007 cup final though.

He lived the dream i suppose, he got a move to his boyhood heros, and we all wish he'd been better, but he wasn't. I'm glad he's gone, but i also hope he does well down south

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Thats not abuse, that's people critising his performances when he played for hibs, a hibs forum is exactly the place to do that.

Doing that doesn't show any sort of mentality it's giving a genuine opinion and not just saying everything or everyone is great all the time.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Give it a rest. The crap players will always come in for stick, its the same at any club not just Hibs. Nish, Hogg, Rankin were cast as scapegoats by some but at the end of the day they weren't good enough to play for this club. It just took managers a lot longer than supporters to see it.
    After much deliberation.....its a no

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thats not abuse, that's people critising his performances when he played for hibs, a hibs forum is exactly the place to do that.

Doing that doesn't show any sort of mentality it's giving a genuine opinion and not just saying everything or everyone is great all the time.
    There's criticising and there's abuse and at times this place was rife

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I would agree with all that.

Plus he had developed a reputation with the refereeing fraternity up here as a player who went to ground too easily and who often had too much to say to the match officials. He therefore rarely got the benefit of the doubt on aerial challenges or 50/50s.

In many ways a fresh start in a new league will do him the world of good. Wish him all the best.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    There's criticising and there's abuse and at times this place was rife
    Nah, disagree.

I think the atmosphere at some games was poisenous and the criticism was way over the top for certain players, that was abuse, what you read on here is just people expressing their opinion and doesn't show any sort of mentality.

Hope Nish does well down there but i'm still absolutely delighted he's away from here.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    There's an unreal number of never-could-have-been-a-footballer posters on here who never pass up an opportunity to stick the knife in.

REMOVED IMO it's pure jelousy that Nish played and scored for Hibs and they never will.
    Last edited by HNA6; 12-07-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: No need for that
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller