hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Craig Thomson to be punted after all

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Spectacular u-turn however the cynic in me suggests that they are emptying him against their will...

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    right thing to do but too far too long, if it wasnt for the media pressure he would remain a Hearts player for the forseeable future, horrible club, everyone has seen them for what they really are.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    right thing to do but too far too long, if it wasnt for the media pressure he would remain a Hearts player for the forseeable future, horrible club, everyone has seen them for what they really are.
    Spot on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Too late, the club is rotten.

Also the pressure from their sponsors, its been reported that even dick wonga turpin were getting ready to walk. Vlad has again shown himself as a classless Individual, who's only concern was how much will it cost him.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    TBF, I don't think the club can shoulder all of the blame. It was Romanov's decision after all, and with him having a gun to the club's head and everything, they can't really revolt too much or they run the risk of upsetting him - maybe enough for him to decide that he's done with Hearts.

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    alas! The Mafia have got their way!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    TBF, I don't think the club can shoulder all of the blame. It was Romanov's decision after all, and with him having a gun to the club's head and everything, they can't really revolt too much or they run the risk of upsetting him - maybe enough for him to decide that he's done with Hearts.
    Romanov is the club, and the club has to shoulder every last drop of blame. They didn't have to keep him, but they were so money-hungry that they were happy to keep this beast and they deserve all the mockery and loss of respect that comes to them.

He should sue Hearts for unlawful dismissal

Blog Entries
    Try reading the details folks.....as so often the Devil really is in it..not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

the owner has now issued a statement on the Edinburgh club's website, saying: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.
    "The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days

no info but that could just as easily be 'get your agent to find you a club that is willing to pay X and your out of here for a new start'

Its cerainly not...'contract terminated'

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Romanov is the club, and the club has to shoulder every last drop of blame. They didn't have to keep him, but they were so money-hungry that they were happy to keep this beast and they deserve all the mockery and loss of respect that comes to them.
    If it's Romanov's choice, what can 'they' do though, exactly? A genuine question. Maybe they could attempt to persuade him, but would he not have the final say?

Try reading the details folks...not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

the owner has now issued a statement on the Edinburgh club's website, saying: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.
    "The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days
    Well, he's already been dealt with through the club's internal disciplinary procedures, so I'd imagine they're going to have to come to some sort of mutual agreement with CT himself.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Try reading the details folks...not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

no info but that could just as easily be 'get your agent to find you a club that is willing to pay X and your out of here for a new start'

I was speaking to a Jambo a week ago and he was saying that CT is to be punted to Kaunus.

The statements Thomson will not play for the Scottish Premier League club again. and The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days suggests to me that the Kaunas story could come to fruition.

Gamer IDs

If it's Romanov's choice, what can 'they' do though, exactly? A genuine question. Maybe they could attempt to persuade him, but would he not have the final say?

Well, he's already been dealt with through the club's internal disciplinary procedures, so I'd imagine they're going to have to come to some sort of mutual agreement with CT himself.
    'They' meaning the fans? Nothing really, they are not the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    I would wager that Hearts and Thomson agree a sum for the remainder of his contract. It will not be dismissal.

Or being faxed to Kaunas is feasible too.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Try reading the details folks.....as so often the Devil really is in it..not so sure its 'emptying' etc...

'imminently' has the suggestion of ambiguity about it rather than the emphatic 'immediatly'. And the only thing that is 'imminent' (according to the wording of the statement) is the search for a 'solution'.
    Another duplicitous statement from the tawdry little infestation guising as a football club.
    Thomson is still nowhere near being dismissed as he should have been. Not good enough yams, do try harder to locate your moral compass.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    That could be an interesting point. How have the facts of the case substantially changed since their initial decision?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    'They' meaning the fans? Nothing really, they are not the club.
    Not necessarily just the fans. All the other staff that are involved with the club is who I really mean. They may have a say in the decision, but is Romanov's word final? A bit unfair to implicate everyone involved with the club when it's really just one mad man's decision that's caused this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really give a **** what the public's opinion of Hearts is. Was just adding my tuppence.

They dont have to come to any agreement with him, they can, and should have sacked him as soon as he pleaded guilty.

He has brought the club into disrepute and could be sacked without any comeback.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Moral hero Jim Jefffries must be up in arms about this. After all, he was one of the two who found the mitigating evidence preventing him from being sacked the first time.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    They dont have to come to any agreement with him, they can, and should have sacked him as soon as he pleaded guilty.

He has brought the club into disrepute and could be sacked without any comeback.
    Are you sure about that?

I know that he could've been dismissed initially as a result of his offence. But after he's already been disciplined, I doubt they'd be able to backtrack on their initial punishment (whatever that may have been).

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    That could be an interesting point. How have the facts of the case substantially changed since their initial decision?
    Apart from other girls coming forward, selling their stories to the papers, nothing has changed at all.

A sports lawyer was on SSN days after Hearts decision to stick by him saying it could be hard for Hearts to sack him.

Stupid that it's come to a situation where Thomson could sue Hearts, but that's what they get for dancing with the devil.

The correct decision ........finally!! . However, I anticipate yet another Courtroom drama as he claims unfair dismissal. Should be interesting given that his former employers publicly backed him etc/....

Anyhoo........... G G T T H !!

Are you sure about that?

I know that he could've been dismissed initially as a result of his offence. But after he's already been disciplined, I doubt they'd be able to backtrack on their initial punishment (whatever that may have been).
    You could be right there, I didnt realise he had been disciplined by Hearts, if thats the case they could be on a 'sticky wicket' if the sack him, Hearts have made a monumental 'cock up' with this.

Makes me think even more that he will be punted to Kaunas

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    on a lighter note are we not in desperate need of a right back?

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post

I'd imagine that any contract will have a way for the club to terminate the agreement if the player is guilty of "Gross Misconduct"...........You don't get any more "gross" than the offences he admitted in court!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Also the pressure from their sponsors, its been reported that even dick wonga turpin were getting ready to walk. Vlad has again shown himself as a classless Individual, who's only concern was how much will it cost him.

"Thomson", "Wonga", and "Pull Out" seem to be very fitting in this case.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Moral hero Jim Jefffries must be up in arms about this. After all, he was one of the two who found the mitigating evidence preventing him from being sacked the first time.
    Totally unfair on FJK. He was busy shopping at the time.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post

I'd imagine that any contract will have a way for the club to terminate the agreement if the player is guilty of "Gross Misconduct"...........You don't get any more "gross" than the offences he admitted in court!!
    Not quite so straight forward as most people think, there are employment laws that protect even offenders.

In Bradshaw v Rugby Portland Cement Co Ltd 1972 the employee in question had been convicted on an isolated act of incest with his daughter and was summarily dismissed. However, the court held that summary dismissal was not justified as it had nothing to do with the applicant’s work, his work did not bring him into contact with female staff, he was working with a gang of men, it did not, apparently, upset his relationship with his workmates in any way, it did not expose anyone to a moral danger fromhis presence at the work.

Now I am not a lawyer far from it, but have covered employment law recently during my business management HND year. So not everything is always as straight forward as we would always like it to be or should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    I have no doubt it would be covered by "gross misconduct" but the stark reality is they didnt do it at the time so would have difficulty implementing it now. They cany say that because other people have come forward as there is no proof that the accounts printed are correct, although I have no doubt they are true, at the moment they are "gossip and hearsay" until proven otherwise.

But they are not dismissing him are they? They have only said he will never play for Hearts again which is a constructive dismisal if ever I saw one.

I am sure he will eventually disappear with a golden handshake.