hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

No Restriction for Disabled fans or their Carers

I've just received a letter from Hibernian, saying that after discussions with the newly set up Disabled supporters association in June, the restrictions of seating the disabled supporter/carers in the lower areas of the stands (row M or lower), has now been shelved, and they can now choose any seats within the stadium. We have been asked to contact the club to make arrangements to renew our old seats.

Anyone else involved?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just received a letter from Hibernian, saying that after discussions with the newly set up Disabled supporters association in June, the restrictions of seating the disabled supporter/carers in the lower areas of the stands (row M or lower), has now been shelved, and they can now choose any seats within the stadium. We have been asked to contact the club to make arrangements to renew our old seats.

Anyone else involved?
    I've just purchased new carers/disabled season ticket for the coming season and have already choosen the seats. Does it mention anything about changing seats if they have already been choosen? I haven't recieved the letter yet...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by M11BMO View Post
    I've just purchased new carers/disabled season ticket for the coming season and have already choosen the seats. Does it mention anything about changing seats if they have already been choosen? I haven't recieved the letter yet...
    The club has decided to allow disabled supporters the choice in where they want to sit. Contact the disabled helpline on 0131 656 7066 and the ticket office will make the necessary arrangements.

The club has decided to allow disabled supporters the choice in where they want to sit. Contact the disabled helpline on 0131 656 7066 and the ticket office will make the necessary arrangements.
    Cheers

Well Done Hibernian FC

good news Ronnie - thanks for that
    This is how it feels

Anyone else involved?
    i am the secretary of the said association and we are getting the ball rolling so to speak on setting it up and all fans will be notified shortly of it and how to join etc etc

think hibs have done a good job in admitting they were in the wrong and changing their plans

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    i am the secretary of the said association and we are getting the ball rolling so to speak on setting it up and all fans will be notified shortly of it and how to join etc etc

think hibs have done a good job in admitting they were in the wrong and changing their plans
    This is how it feels

I take it this is only relevant to ambulant supporters with a disability?

I don't see how this can apply to fans in wheelchairs.

I got a letter about this today and I was slightly confused by it all.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I take it this is only relevant to ambulant supporters with a disability?

I don't see how this can apply to fans in wheelchairs.

I got a letter about this today and I was slightly confused by it all.
    i presume so, as there isnt much a wheelchair user can change about where they sit.

think hibs just sent a general letter out to all disabled people on their database

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    So are you saying this was nothing to to with any health and safety directive and Hibs own idea?

Having had previous experience taking a disabled supporter to every other spl ground apart from parkhead and seen the wide variation in how they are treated would my views as a carer be of interest to your disabled supporters association or are you just working with the disabled support at ER?

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    So are you saying this was nothing to to with any health and safety directive and Hibs own idea?

Having had previous experience taking a disabled supporter to every other spl ground apart from parkhead and seen the wide variation in how they are treated would my views as a carer be of interest to your disabled supporters association or are you just working with the disabled support at ER?
    firstly it was hibs' idea but its been dealt with now.

secondly we will be working with ALL hibs fans, a carer's perspective will be very handy in some ways mate. keep an eye out for news on here and leaflets that will be getting printed soon!