hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Thomson: I've never lost my love for Hibs

A good 4 page interview with KT in todays Scotsman, saying that he has never lost his love for Hibs and basically just out grew us and needed to move on to further his career.

I know he is now hated by many Hibs fans, but do you think (tin hat on here) he could be another old boy that will end up back at ER at some stage, injurys permitting.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Kevi...?articlepage=1

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Boke. Im on my lunch. Dont need to see this.

Maybe looking at coming back ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe looking at coming back ?
    Has he shrunk again?

Poor mite.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

"We had a decent relationship to start with but as soon as me and Scottie hired a new agent (Willie McKay] it deteriorated."

i could have told you that Thomshun.

The vast majority of us would've followed the dough if we were in that position.
    He certainly could've gone about things in a different manner when he left, but, we got a decent whack for him. Time to let it go methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The vast majority of us would've followed the dough if we were in that position.
    He certainly could've gone about things in a different manner when he left, but, we got a decent whack for him. Time to let it go methinks!
    Can't agree more. Ian Murray got the same abuse and now he's in his testimonial year at Hibs. Pointless holding grudges against someone who did more good for Hibs than bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Can't agree more. Ian Murray got the same abuse and now he's in his testimonial year at Hibs. Pointless holding grudges against someone who did more good for Hibs than bad.

Coaching Staff
    He fails to appreciate that it wasn't moving that was the issue it was the way it was done with McKay, Jackson etc (He named his kid Jackson for heaven's sake!!)

So save it, we don't love you!

That dirty hun is NOT welcome at Hibs ever!!

People leave Hibs and go on to bigger clubs, fine with me thats just a fact of life. A football players career is short and can be ended by a clumsy tackle or simply bad luck. Plenty of people have left Hibs and I have a world of time for them, Whittaker, Brown etc but none of them threw hissy fits demanding to go and then professed their ever lasting love of Rangers, that isn't right.

Got no problem with any player moving on to better things but to sign for any of the ugly sisters has always been the mortal sin for me, he made the wrong choice of course (as many of them do) and is now languishing at a club he surely does not want to be at, got no sympathy for him and he has obviously been reading what's been happening here lately and it's pretty obvious he wants to come home, would I welcome him back?, well I gave him big pelters when he was with the huns on here and I honestly think he is far too injury prone to take a chance on...sorry Katie! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

People leave Hibs and go on to bigger clubs, fine with me thats just a fact of life. A football players career is short and can be ended by a clumsy tackle or simply bad luck. Plenty of people have left Hibs and I have a world of time for them, Whittaker, Brown etc but none of them threw hissy fits demanding to go and then professed their ever lasting love of Rangers, that isn't right.
    Aye, pulling a transfer request out of your sock immediately after a game and then only settling down when you were promised your move in the summer is the way to behave.

I've never understood why Thomson is vilified yet Brown is still feted by some on here.

Unless you mean Simon Brown...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Have you actually read the article? it's honest and interesting too. The fact is, as KT admits, both he and Collins acted like bairns and Hibs were the losers.

He was my favourite player of that group.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He fails to appreciate that it wasn't moving that was the issue it was the way it was done with McKay, Jackson etc (He named his kid Jackson for heaven's sake!!)

Walk over hot coals, ma mamy has a joab. GTF ya trumpet.

@hibs.net private member
    I've never understood why Thomson is vilified yet Brown is still feted by some on here.
    I think it was the Daily Record articles that he allowed Keith Jackson to write.

@hibs.net private member
    Agree with this and i think most of us have let go, that is until we get reminders like this self serving article which is as unnecessary as it is cringeworthy.

Basically "i love Hibs but i left for more money", no worries Kev if you had said that at the time we would have all understood, we would have been diappointed but we would have understood. All the other crap is what took him down in my estimation.

Good player though who has done superbly following a couple of serious injuries, i bear him no grudges.

And is still and always will be one of us! GGTTH

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Walk over hot coals, ma mamy has a joab. GTF ya trumpet.

Worst Hibs captain ever. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    And is still and always will be one of us! GGTTH
    Speak for yourself TQM. No Hibs supporter would treat the club with the contempt and disrespect that Kevin Thomson did.

Testimonial Due
    I think it is down to the indivudual if they can forgive or get over it. Personally it does not bother me in the slighest, at the time maybe, but now not at all.

He was a very good player for us, contributed to a lot of memorable games, and got us a few quid in the bank as well. His misguided judgements at the time come down to him being a silly boy and his agent being a think wŁnk.

I dont think this means anything in terms of him coming back, it was an article of the Edinburgh Evening News so there is only one thing he can really talk about. Would I take him back...yes.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Have you actually read the article? it's honest and interesting too. The fact is, as KT admits, both he and Collins acted like bairns and Hibs were the losers.

I agree it's an interesting article, and may well be generally honest. However whilst it might be what KT thinks of Collins I'm sure JC will have a quite different perspective. KT is right that he acted badly - JC's response as manager may well have been appropriate and one which he would do again if in the same situation. I reckon KT is trying to share the blame for his own conduct and I don't entirely buy it.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I agree it's an interesting article, and may well be generally honest. However whilst it might be what KT thinks of Collins I'm sure JC will have a quite different perspective. KT is right that he acted badly - JC's response as manager may well have been appropriate and one which he would do again if in the same situation. I reckon KT is trying to share the blame for his own conduct and I don't entirely buy it.
    It's all about opinion and we can never be totally sure what happened. Having said that i think Collins could start a fight in an empty room. He also shafted Hibs when he left as well if memory serves.

Kevin C*** Thomson , perfectly described by the BBC on their SPL site a few years back.

wonder if he's been told he might be getting punted due to his injuries and he's trying to worm his way back in?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    He was my favourite player of that group.

Mine too...Think thats why so many people despised him after he moved the way he did it felt like he stabbed us in the back..
    Ive met him a cpla times since he left us and he has had nothing but good things to say about us and seems a good lad i wish him all the best and hope he can stay injury free...I hope to see him back at Hibs in the future

Left by mutual consent!
    Didn't really??? Did he??????? Jackson Thomson?

Will be even worse if Jackson is a girl!!!!!!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Didn't really??? Did he??????? Jackson Thomson?

Will be even worse if Jackson is a girl!!!!!!!!
    My bad - just read it in the article. Maybe he is a big fan of Michael Jackson.....

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    He was a young guy who had his head filled with nonsense from the likes of McKay and Jackson.

Has anyone ever thought the club should have done more when it came to the weekly column he had in the DR? I am quite sure as his employers that they could have stopped this instantly however the club never.

if you take the time to read the artical i think the boy is fair in what he says and admits he was wrong at times and comes across as am ok guy

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    We must have some absolutely perfect model citizens on Hibs Net who have never made a mistake in their lives or even said things which they later may have had cause to regret.

If only.