hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: How will you feel if CC leaves?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very bovvered

45 29.22%
  • A bit bovvered

50 32.47%
  • Not bovvered

48 31.17%
  • Satisfied

5 3.25%
  • Delighted

6 3.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Is the face bovvered?

Taking everything into account, loss of face, dour personality, disruption, possible cost implications, poor results last season, new signings etc etc, how troubled will you be if Colin Calderwood leaves to go to Forest?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm not sitting on the fence and couldn't care less to be truthful.

if he is going to go hope it is sooner rather than later if he is going to stay then fine

Testimonial Due
    I would be slightly bovvered, but as long as we got a good amount of compensation I would quickly get over it

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    face bovvered, no

Not bothered in the slightest. The issue of why, behind the scenes is a problem, however it may well be that the board 'encourage' him to move on as it's an escape route for a guy who cost loads and so far, has been a bit of a flop.

On Calderwood himself; dour, unimpressive, never convincing of his desire or passion to manage the club and results wise, *****.

Over all better, cheaper options tbh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I would be a little bothered because I don't want us to be looking for yet another new manager.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Very bovvered as our club needs stability and this aint gonnae happen with more managerial upheaval.
    I hope all the rumours are utter tosh and CC assembles a good squad for the forthcoming season, thus allowing me too bin any lingering doubts that are causing me to stall on renewing my own/families season tickets!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not bovvered in the slightest.

@hibs.net private member
    I would be bothered, as how long would it then take us to appoint a manager? Then the new manager has to decide what positions he thinks the team needs and then decide on players he would like to bring in.

Would all this happen before the season starts four weeks on Sunday?

I'd be bothered.

Hibs need staility, we need a manager with a full transfer window to work in and a chance to bring in his own players and install his own style and philosophy.

Changing a manager again midway through a transfer window leaves us with another transistional year or 2 whilst another guy gets 'his own players in', thats if we don't hound him out in that timescale!!

Forget the dour personality, Calderwood is employed as a football manager not a clown, and actually listen to what he says at times. He's a guy i like to listen to, he's articulate, honest about what he sees and seems to have a decent idea where he wants to take the team.

If we fund ourself looking for our 3rd manager in a year then yes i have to say i'd be extremely bovvered.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be bothered, as how long would it then take us to appoint a manager? Then the new manager has to decide what positions he thinks the team needs and then decide on players he would like to bring in.

Would all this happen before the season starts four weeks on Sunday?
    How long would any new manager be given? I feel that if results didn't go well he would be lucky to get until Christmas.

Why have a manager at all? The official site could just run a poll before every game and let the fans choose. After all, we're always in step.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd be bothered.

Hibs need staility, we need a manager with a full transfer window to work in and a chance to bring in his own players and install his own style and philosophy.

Changing a manager again midway through a transfer window leaves us with another transistional year or 2 whilst another guy gets 'his own players in', thats if we don't hound him out in that timescale!!

Forget the dour personality, Calderwood is employed as a football manager not a clown, and actually listen to what he says at times. He's a guy i like to listen to, he's articulate, honest about what he sees and seems to have a decent idea where he wants to take the team.

If we fund ourself looking for our 3rd manager in a year then yes i have to say i'd be extremely bovvered.
    Completely agree this is exactly what we dont need, stability is required. CC is IMO a decent manager who will turn us round this season.

Coaching Staff
    Couldn't care really. We do need stability but I didn't see a thing from the 7 months or so that he has had so far to make me think that this is the guy who has to provide it.

He has un unprecedented opportunity now to do things all his own way with his own set of players so he had better make the most of it if he does stay. No excuses now.

I'd be bothered.

Here's an idea way out from left field, the new man could just manage what he's inherited, and add whatever he can with the time left in the transfer window? I know its a radical way of thinking, but maybe it will catch on?

Apart from the timing issue, wouldnae be any great loss.

I don't know about the face, but, I saw Hannibal Smith being interviewed in someones shed and he was fuming! There was the obligatory welding gear in the corner, so, he could probably fashion us a new manager from stuff lying about in the shed!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 22-06-2011 at 03:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Here's an idea way out from left field, the new man could just manage what he's inherited, and add whatever he can with the time left in the transfer window? I know its a radical way of thinking, but maybe it will catch on?
    Going with the squad he has inherited is not an option, as the squad at the moment is not good enough.

A new manager probably wouldn't know what positions he feels need filling, until hes had a chance to look at the squad himself. Unless he has been watching Hibs closely over the last couple of months which, depending on who the new mananger is, would be doubtful. By that time, we are already into the season.

Has that not bee the problem for too long at Hibs though.

Guys having to manage players who didn't fit in with what they were trying to do. Collins, Mixu, Hughes and now Calderwood have all had the problem to some extent and because of that we have been in almost permanent transition.

Obviously a manager has to manage what he has to an extent unless they are in a situation like Fergie or Wenger. An even more radical way of thinking might be to suggest we actually back a manager and stick by him allowing him time to build and develop his side.

I've gone for Wee bit bovvered as I can't be arsed going through any more "transitional seasons" but don't think he's going to bring us football that's easy on the eye and is going to be expensive in bills for my chiropractor to fix my craned neck from watching the ball be hoofed from end to end.

IF CC does go, we need to get in someone experienced (Davis or Strachan) and sign him up for 5 years telling the fans, "he's here for the 5 years, we're not going to sack him and he can't resign without paying a massive fee so just live with it and work with us.

Guys having to manage players who didn't fit in with what they were trying to do. Collins, Mixu, Hughes and now Calderwood have all had the problem to some extent and because of that we have been in almost permanent transition.

Obviously a manager has to manage what he has to an extent unless they are in a situation like Fergie or Wenger. An even more radical way of thinking might be to suggest we actually back a manager and stick by him allowing him time to build and develop his side.
    No there's an idea that might catch on, or maybe not?

No there's an idea that might catch on, or maybe not?
    I'd guess not if places like here and the bounce are anything to go by

Coaching Staff

Fans have proven that's not an option unless it's all rosy all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I'm all for stability and I don't like the fact that Hibs have had so many managers recently.

However, I just find CC a bit unconvincing. He steadied the ship ok last season but towards the end Hibs were really dreadful at a time when they should have been playing for their careers.

I think we should throw money at JJ. What a coup that would be! Mind you we could have had the greetin' face for nowt a couple of years ago!
    I must have watched a different Hibs, he took over when we were 8th and steadied us into 10th?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I'd be pretty pevved off if he left. Its the last thing we need, another passenger manager who was willing to take a step backwards because he didn't feel comfortable at Hibs.

We need stability. With stability comes consistency, with consistency comes results. We've had none of that for which seems like forever.

I'd be abit bovvered. Mainly for Hibernian FC. The last thing we need is more upheaval.

For some unexplained reason, I actually think we have a decent manager, which I accept makes no sense as he's been pretty rank so far. However he must be judged on his own team.

I would lose all respect for him if he bumped Hibernian to be number 2 at forest... who have already sacked him.

If he walked we go for Terry Butcher on a long term deal.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I would be a little bothered because I don't want us to be looking for yet another new manager.
    My concern as well.

I'd be bothered.

I'd be very bothered for exactly the same reasons.

And because HFC would surely become a 'managerial laughing stock'; if it isn't already.

Gamer IDs

I must have watched a different Hibs, he took over when we were 8th and steadied us into 10th?
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that under Yogi we could have been worse than 10th. It's difficult to try and defend finishing 10th, quite simply because it's indefensible, but I still think it's worth looking at the numbers. I did some research into Hibs results last year (just league) and if we persisted with Yogi, and if the pattern over the first 7 games was repeated throughout the season, then we would have gained a lot less points than the measly 37 that we did get.

Yogi lasted 7 games and got 5 points from them. That's an average of 0.7 points per game. Over a season of 38 games, that's about 27 points. 10 points less than we actually did finish on and 1 above last place. 11th place is hardly that much worse off than 10th so that doesn't actually sound that bad.

Of course, results and patterns don't repeat quite as conveniently as that but in the absence of actual data (because we're forecasting) it's about as good as we can get (without getting increasingly more scientific).

Yes, starting 8th and finishing 10th is not a great achievement. But it's better than being relegated and if you choose to trust the projections, sticking with Yogi would have resulted in us being closer to relegation. Of course, sticking with Yogi may have resulted in us in the Top Six but we don't know that.

I'm not trying to present these numbers as some sort of argument proving anything. If I took Calderwoods first 3 games in charge and projected forward, based on those numbers alone, Hibs wouldn't have gained a point under him. If I use the same yardstick with Calderwood as Yogi i.e., 7 games, here's what we get:
    First 7 games under CC = 7 points
    Average points per game = 1 point
    Games played under CC = 30
    Projected points under CC = 30 points
    Points before CC joined = 5
    Projected points at end of season = 5 + 30 = 35
    Actual points at end of season = 37

As I said, none of this proves anything but it's interesting to look through. :)
    Last edited by HibsMax; 22-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that under Yogi we could have been worse than 10th. It's difficult to try and defend finishing 10th, quite simply because it's indefensible, but I still think it's worth looking at the numbers. I did some research into Hibs results last year (just league) and if we persisted with Yogi, and if the pattern over the first 7 games was repeated throughout the season, then we would have gained a lot less points than the measly 37 that we did get.

Yogi lasted 7 games and got 5 points from them. That's an average of 0.7 points per game. Over a season of 38 games, that's about 27 points. 10 points less than we actually did finish on and 1 above last place. 11th place is hardly that much worse off than 10th so that doesn't actually sound that bad.

Of course, results and patterns don't repeat quite as conveniently as that but in the absence of actual data (because we're forecasting) it's about as good as we can get (without getting increasingly more scientific).

Yes, starting 8th and finishing 10th is not a great achievement. But it's better than being relegated and if you choose to trust the projections, sticking with Yogi would have resulted in us being closer to relegation. Of course, sticking with Yogi may have resulted in us in the Top Six but we don't know that.

I'm not trying to present these numbers as some sort of argument proving anything. If I took Calderwoods first 3 games in charge and projected forward, based on those numbers alone, Hibs wouldn't have gained a point under him. If I use the same yardstick with Calderwood as Yogi i.e., 7 games, here's what we get:
    First 7 games under CC = 7 points
    Average points per game = 1 point
    Games played under CC = 30
    Projected points under CC = 30 points
    Points before CC joined = 5
    Projected points at end of season = 5 + 30 = 35
    Actual points at end of season = 37

As I said, none of this proves anything but it's interesting to look through. :)
    As apposed to actually watching hibs last season.