hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X

Hibs Fans March on Derby Day

Right, I came up with an idea for the 1st derby of the season at Tynecastle on 27th August. Now I'm not looking for any arguments it's just a suggestion for us fans and I'd like to see what others responses are.

I considered the idea after I came across a video on YouTube of Real Betis fans gathering at their stadium a few hours before they played their arch-rivals Sevilla away from home, they then marched all the way to Sevilla's ground singing/having a laugh.

I thought it would be brilliant if we could do something like this for the next derby, I have already ran it past people and the response so far has been positive. I created an event for it on Facebook and also posted the idea on 12th Man and Radge Greens pages. A few gathering places have been suggested to me so I've took note and at the end I'll see what the most popular area to gather would be... so far I've had Easter Road Stadium, different areas in Princess Street; the West End and the Gardens, Roseburn and Murrayfield, any more suggestions as to a meeting place are welcome.

We would need a decent group of people to be able to do this and make it work, it's generally just to get the atmosphere going, get everyone fired up for the game and then carry that mood into the ground.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated guys. GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, I came up with an idea for the 1st derby of the season at Tynecastle on 27th August. Now I'm not looking for any arguments it's just a suggestion for us fans and I'd like to see what others responses are.

I considered the idea after I came across a video on YouTube of Real Betis fans gathering at their stadium a few hours before they played their arch-rivals Sevilla away from home, they then marched all the way to Sevilla's ground singing/having a laugh.

I thought it would be brilliant if we could do something like this for the next derby, I have already ran it past people and the response so far has been positive. I created an event for it on Facebook and also posted the idea on 12th Man and Radge Greens pages. A few gathering places have been suggested to me so I've took note and at the end I'll see what the most popular area to gather would be... so far I've had Easter Road Stadium, different areas in Princess Street; the West End and the Gardens, Roseburn and Murrayfield, any more suggestions as to a meeting place are welcome.

We would need a decent group of people to be able to do this and make it work, it's generally just to get the atmosphere going, get everyone fired up for the game and then carry that mood into the ground.

YES!

Imagine hundreds of us strutting through the toon centre on derby day? would be carnage
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Count me in

First Team Breakthrough Simpson's Avatar
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108131135947782

facebook event for all of you up for it, who are on facebook ofcourse

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

Who are the 'Radge Greens' Sean?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Who are the 'Radge Greens' Sean?
    A group within the Singing Section who will help organise displays for games etc.

A group within the Singing Section who will help organise displays for games etc.
    Is this the people's front of the singing section then?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Splitters!

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    I'd say meet at the area between the national gallery and the royal scottish academy on princes street or just meet at Easter road stadium?

:cgwa

Testimonial Due
    Good idea..... but if this gains interest then it will come to the attention of the police who will no doubt want to put a stop to it rather than work alongside you to make things go smoothly.

Another example here - c7km march to local rivals Offenbach for cup game

http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/galer...enbach/004.jpg
    http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/galer...enbach/018.jpg
    http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/galer...enbach/058.jpg

This was done in co-operation with the police albeit there was some minor trouble with them - none with the locals on arrival tho as route was planned (e.g past haymarket to roseburn) to avoid majority of home fans.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by DC_Hibs; 21-06-2011 at 10:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Good idea..... but if this gains interest then it will come to the attention of the police who will no doubt want to put a stop to it rather than work alongside you to make things go smoothly.

http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index...ieltag=1.Runde

This was done in co-operation with the police albeit there was some minor trouble with them - none with the locals on arrival tho as route was planned (e.g past haymarket to roseburn) to avoid majority of home fans.

Good Luck!
    I doubt if the Police will stop it as they allow every other march to go ahead in Edinburgh despite the massive presence needed at some of them. The best bet will be to speak to them during the planning stage rather than have them find out through their normal intelligence gathering prior to the derby.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sounds like the auld YLT marches to tincastle in the 70's-80's

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index...kal&spieltag=1. Runde&foto=004.jpg#galerie

Good Luck!
    Something as organised as this would need to be given an adequate police presence and, on derby day, when their resources will already be quite stretched, don't be surprised if they refuse this request.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blairwallace View Post
    I'd say meet at the area between the national gallery and the royal scottish academy on princes street or just meet at Easter road stadium?

:cgwa
    Leith end of Princess Street is looking like the most popular place to meet so far mate, but I'll note down all suggestions then eventually just see what everyone thinks.

http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index...kal&spieltag=1. Runde&foto=004.jpg#galerie

Good Luck!
    I don't mind co-operating with the police as long as it means the march can go ahead successfully, yep we were planning on going Roseburn way as there will be a lot of Hibbys kicking about there who could join in.

I'll come along if we can meet outside the Roseburn Bar 10 minutes before kick-off.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I'll come along if we can meet outside the Roseburn Bar 10 minutes before kick-off.
    Well we'd be passing the Roseburn Bar at some point, although probably a fair bit earlier than 10 minutes before, we need to bring this atmosphere into the ground early doors before the match

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I have nothing to do with the 'People's Front of The Singing Section'....Splitters!....I dont trust them so i joined 'The Singing Section Liberation Front'

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gb_qHP7VaZE

First Team Breakthrough
    I would defo be up for this, hope this happens

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Leith end of Princess Street is looking like the most popular place to meet so far mate, but I'll note down all suggestions then eventually just see what everyone thinks.

I don't mind co-operating with the police as long as it means the march can go ahead successfully, yep we were planning on going Roseburn way as there will be a lot of Hibbys kicking about there who could join in.
    You ask the council in Edinburgh for permission to march not the Police, though it doesn't hurt to inform the Police of your intentions.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You ask the council in Edinburgh for permission to march not the Police, though it doesn't hurt to inform the Police of your intentions.
    Says here you have to notify the police as well

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    You would need to apply for a licence from the Council under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 if you wanted to do this and with a minimum 28 days notice. I'd pick up the phone to the licensing department at the Council who should be able to give you further info.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I'd definatly be up for this, count me in. Brilliant idea!

@hibs.net private member
    It's great idea but L&BP might not be overly keen

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    To be honest, i'd say **** them and don't bother notifying anyone. What are they really gonna do if hundreds of Hibbys descend on, say, the bit blairwallace alludes to a couple hours before kick-off? Arrest everyone? Not a chance.

Guarunteed, permission would be declined.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It's great idea but L&BP might not be overly keen
    Understatement of the year

Just seen .Sean.'s post before this - my thoughts exactly. Is there a 'catch the 44' option though for those that canny walk that far
    Last edited by Removed; 21-06-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    To be honest, i'd say **** them and don't bother notifying anyone. What are they really gonna do if hundreds of Hibbys descend on, say, the bit blairwallace alludes to a couple hours before kick-off? Arrest everyone? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Understatement of the year

Just seen .Sean.'s post before this - my thoughts exactly. Is there a 'catch the 44' option though for those that canny walk that far
    I may just leave it then.

My only worry though is that if any trouble breaks with some erse that comes along with us, it could be me and my mate that get ****ed over for it as it is our names on the Facebook event beside who created it.

Of course, we could have a few bus stops along the way for the auld yins to join in

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    That's not marching, that's standing.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post

No, they wouldn't/couldn't arrest everyone but with the plans for this now going public on here, the police will be all over it.

They have officers who trawl sites like this, looking for intelligence and if they know that fans intend to conduct an organised march without any official permission from anywhere, they will be ready and prepared.

It's really not worth the hassle without the agreement of the appropriate organisations.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    No, they wouldn't/couldn't arrest everyone but with the plans for this now going public on here, the police will be all over it.

They have officers who trawl sites like this, looking for intelligence and if they know that fans intend to conduct an organised march without any official permission from anywhere, they will be ready and prepared.

It's really not worth the hassle without the agreement of the appropriate organisations.
    Will they find any