hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough itchy07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: itchy07

HOMFC knew about Thomson six months before he was arrested

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...ig-.6788641.jp

It would seem, that in fact Fat Jim did know!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And that the club were sufficiently unconcerned to continue to allow Thomson to represent them to young fans.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgian dubh80
    As far as the club's image goes, this is nothing short of a disaster.

Have they announced his suspension pending the meeting that he is/was supposed to be having with Vlad?

If not, this is clearly an opportunity missed. If not, it suggests there is no-one in the club with the authority to do it (or the courage of conviction).

Whichever way you cut it, they are a shambles.

Which, it would appear, means that the offences that resulted in convictions were not the first time that he had been grooming kids.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Rotten to the core.

Testimonial Due
    I can perhaps see why the club played him, I do not think it is right personally, but I guess there is an agrument that he is innocent until proven guilty would feature in some form of employment action if he wanted to go down that right.

As for possing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outragious especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I can perhaps see why the club played him, I do not think it is right personally, but I guess there is an agrument that he is innocent until proven guilty would feature in some form of employment action if he wanted to go down that right.

As for possing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outragious especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.
    This is the key

Speaking as a parent, this is far from petty.

As far as I know sex offenders are the most likely to commit similar offences in future.

I don't know why he is out to perpetrate his brand of jambo filth again.

Queue behind me, I'm first in line when he gets to Easter Road

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Rotten to the core.
    Spot on.

A disgrace of a club that has sunk to new depths...

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Didn't think I could think any less of them but this takes the biscuit, despicable club

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    said it for years, HoMoFC= a thoroughly immoral football club riddled with sexual deviants/villians/crooks from top to bottom, did the wonga people not do any investigations on this vile club before sponsoring them ????

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This is the key

Speaking as a parent, this is far from petty.

As far as I know sex offenders are the most likely to commit similar offences in future.

I don't know why he is out to perpetrate his brand of jambo filth again.

Queue behind me, I'm first in line when he gets to Easter Road
    You're enjoying this aren't you. I bet you're prepared to do time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    As for posing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outrageous especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.
    Bad enough in the circumstances however given it was for Barnardo's is absolutely unbelieveable.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I was astounded that he wasn't given a jail term.

Apparently, Kickback is going into meltdown over the club's failure to act. Seems like they do have some decent supporters. Sadly, Vlad's mind will be concentrating on the possible loss of a valuable asset.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by seveno View Post
    Sadly, Vlad's mind will be concentrating on the possible loss of a valuable asset.
    that's why I thought that they would try and ride it out till something else is in the headlines.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    He will be sacked this week, the yams have no option now. Beast.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

Hertz rock like! They are a trainwreck of a club!

I couldn't care if they do better than us on the park (sometimes). I'd rather follow a classy club like the Edinburgh Hibees any day.

Lets be clear. I hate yams. I can't stand their club.

However, they have to assume that their employee is innocent until proven guilty. The fact they were given the heads up by a parent is actually neither here nor there.... same as the fact that they knew one of their employees was up in court for despicable offence.

So pre sentencing, the yammish have done no wrong, and would expect Hibernian FC to have done exactly the same.

NOW its a different ball game. They have a convicted sex pest on their books. They have only one course of action, and that is to release him from their employment. Anything else is completely unacceptable IMO. Its unfair on their fans (yes, there ARE decent yams out there, you just need to look abit harder), and its unfair on their name.

This is a really serious offence, go look at children of 12years old. FFS.

Too serious for point scoring over the yams IMO.

I've not contributed thus far on the large thread pertaining to Thomson and his confirmed proclivities but did comment on the deleted thread.

Having kept a close eye on the media reports and spoken with people who know the offender in question and other protagonists, I remain loath to use the lamentable episode as a tribal point scoring excercise, choosing to view the affair in isolation (in terms of the individual involved).

Looking at the overview and various reports it does seem that persons at Hearts were made aware of Thomson's behaviour but at this time the source of this is an unnamed one at The Daily Record.

I mentioned that Thomson, at the time of the initial story breaking, gave a seriously diluted version of events to Gary Locke who reported back to Tynecastle. Unfortunatley he (CT) was apparently less than candid with GL and it wasn't until it was clear his crimes were to be aired in public that he came clean as to the gravity of his offending. Locke and then Jeffries, were subsequently (and understandably) livid at both the nature of the offences and the deceit of CT in trying to trivialise his actions.

I am one of the first to knock the nasty practices Hearts have been involved in and yes, their recent history is disastrous, but I'm convinced that Jeffries was unaware of the whole sorry saga until very recently.

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that certain individuals and, in particular, colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

One thing is certain though, and that is Hearts have a long way to go to regain any credibility as it is an organisation whose stock is at an all time low. They really need to clean their act up pronto!
    Last edited by Greentinted; 21-06-2011 at 02:32 PM.

give the boy a chance to explain, jambo or not. called the judicial system.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    You do know he's been found guilty?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Erm, he did and decided not to defend himself and pled guilty

He did have. He chose to put his hands up and admit he is a beast.

As another poster says, far too serious for point-scoring over the yams. Guy is ****, simple as. They have no choice but to bin him and to be fair I have no doubts they will.

Hopefully CT [and all of his ilk] takes a very long walk off the top of a very tall building...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    I've not contributed thus far on the large thread pertaining to Thomson and his confirmed proclivities but did comment on the deleted thread.

Having kept a close eye on the media reports and spoken with people who know the offender in question and other protagonists, I remain loath to use the lamentable episode as a tribal point scoring excercise, choosing to view the affair in isolation (in terms of the individual involved).

Looking at the overview and various reports it does seem that persons at Hearts were made aware of Thomson's behaviour but at this time the source of this is an unnamed one at The Daily Record.

I mentioned that Thomson, at the time of the initial story breaking, gave a seriously diluted version of events to Gary Locke who reported back to Tynecastle. Unfortunatley he (CT) was apparently less than candid with GL and it wasn't until it was clear his crimes were to be aired in public that he came clean as to the gravity of his offending. Locke and then Jeffries, were subsequently (and understandably) livid at both the nature of the offences and the deceit of CT in trying to trivialise his actions.

I am one of the first to knock the nasty practices Hearts have been involved in and yes, their recent history is disastrous, but I'm convinced that Jeffries was unaware of the whole sorry saga until very recently.

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that individuals and colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

One thing is certain though, and that is Hearts have a long way to go to regain any credibility as it is an organisation whose stock is at an all time low. They really need to clean their act up pronto!

This is good sense.

I find it very hard indeed to believe that JJ, BB, or GL would condone Thomson's behaviour or effectively facilitate access to children for anyone accused of sexual offences against minors. Make that next to impossible.

What I would say is that knowing how very careful we have to be when dealing with children in the Church - everyone dealing with children in any way HAS to be cleared through the police database and no one is allowed access to children until he/she HAS been cleared - it would have been common prudence for Hearts to have investigated further after GL reported back, particularly in light of the previous parental complaint. It's a little naive of them to have taken Thomson's account as true without further investigation. They should also, IMO, have taken that original complaint more seriously than they appear to have done.

So, apologies for my post #2. I was posting in ignorance and jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by --------; 21-06-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Sorry, I didn't know.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that individuals and colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

Good post.

Their stock has been low ever since they appointed Graham Rix so it would not surprise me if they kept CT on.
    I am not sure this sort of thing will worry Romanov one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Rotten to the core.

Totally disgusting and horrible establishment
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Despicable club, with despicable fans, despicable players, despicable manager and a despicable owner.

I don't find this funny at all and I don't intend to score points with Hearts over this.

However this is an extremely serious revelation and Hearts must address this accusation. If it's true that they were aware of the allegations Craig Thomson faced then it's, at best, completely irresponsible of them to have allowed Thomson to continue to make appearances at kids' events and to appear at a photo opportunity for Barnardo's.

I sincerely hope that this isn't true to be perfectly honest. I'm just as game as the next person when it comes to slating Hearts for their debt levels, the inane comments of their madcap owner and their ridiculous redevelopment plans.

However, if this latest story is correct and key people at Hearts were fully aware of the suspicions surrounding Craig Thomson and failed to act accordingly then it really would take Hearts as a club into unparalleled depths of despair.

I completely disagree with the poster who said that Hearts did nothing wrong because at that point he hadn't been convicted of anything. As soon as allegations of this nature come to light then responsible companies/clubs/businesses (whatever you want to call it) have a duty to protect the public and also their name.

As soon as an allegation like this came about, Craig Thomson should have been suspended from all public duties relating to Hearts, pending a full investigation by the club and once it became a legal case, his suspension should have continued until its conclusion. If he was found not guilty then that's fine, he can return to doing things as normal.

I would expect any responsible company to do this, if it was concerning one of their employees.

Of course anyone accused of a crime should be presumed innocent until proven guilty but there is such a thing as protecting your interests and when it comes to vulnerable members of society, such as children, then their interests must come first.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I don't find this funny at all and I don't intend to score points with Hearts over this.

However this is an extremely serious revelation and Hearts must address this accusation. If it's true that they were aware of the allegations Craig Thomson faced then it's, at best, completely irresponsible of them to have allowed Thomson to continue to make appearances at kids' events and to appear at a photo opportunity for Barnardo's.

I sincerely hope that this isn't true to be perfectly honest. I'm just as game as the next person when it comes to slating Hearts for their debt levels, the inane comments of their madcap owner and their ridiculous redevelopment plans.

However, if this latest story is correct and key people at Hearts were fully aware of the suspicions surrounding Craig Thomson and failed to act accordingly then it really would take Hearts as a club into unparalleled depths of despair.

I completely disagree with the poster who said that Hearts did nothing wrong because at that point he hadn't been convicted of anything. As soon as allegations of this nature come to light then responsible companies/clubs/businesses (whatever you want to call it) have a duty to protect the public and also their name.

As soon as an allegation like this came about, Craig Thomson should have been suspended from all public duties relating to Hearts, pending a full investigation by the club and once it became a legal case, his suspension should have continued until its conclusion. If he was found not guilty then that's fine, he can return to doing things as normal.

I would expect any responsible company to do this, if it was concerning one of their employees.

Of course anyone accused of a crime should be presumed innocent until proven guilty but there is such a thing as protecting your interests and when it comes to vulnerable members of society, such as children, then their interests must come first.