hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper

This time it's different!

Usually I have a flaky every year (usually after every Scottish cup exit) that i'm not going back, **** them blah blah blah then I tell the missus I'm not renewing my ST and as soon as they're advertised again I'm up at the ticket office renewing. Unfotunately there were many rants last year but the straw that broke the camels back was the 2-1 loss at ER to Hamilton. I know alot of folk said we had nowt to play for but I maintain the players had no right to wind down after the season they had. Anyway, I'm afraid this time it's different I've not renewed and I will not be renewing for the first time in 12 years. The worst about it is I don't even feel bad like I normally would, this time, for the first time I feel the club have totally shown once and for all what I suspected that they don't give a **** about their supporters and the HIBS FAMILY thing is pish. I also appreciate we need to be patient but I think the distinct lack of activity in bringing players in to the club has only added to how I feel.

We get told continuously they're working hard blah blah but they surely owed us supporters something, just to prove they're as committed as we are? I'm sick of getting fed the same ***** every year.

Not saying I'm correct or pursuing the right course of action but anyone else feel the same?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usually I have a flaky every year (usually after every Scottish cup exit) that i'm not going back, **** them blah blah blah then I tell the missus I'm not renewing my ST and as soon as they're advertised again I'm up at the ticket office renewing. Unfotunately there were many rants last year but the straw that broke the camels back was the 2-1 loss at ER to Hamilton. I know alot of folk said we had nowt to play for but I maintain the players had no right to wind down after the season they had. Anyway, I'm afraid this time it's different I've not renewed and I will not be renewing for the first time in 12 years. The worst about it is I don't even feel bad like I normally would, this time, for the first time I feel the club have totally shown once and for all what I suspected that they don't give a **** about their supporters and the HIBS FAMILY thing is pish. I also appreciate we need to be patient but I think the distinct lack of activity in bringing players in to the club has only added to how I feel.

We get told continuously they're working hard blah blah but they surely owed us supporters something, just to prove they're as committed as we are? I'm sick of getting fed the same ***** every year.

Not saying I'm correct or pursuing the right course of action but anyone else feel the same?
    Not me. I do the usual mumping and moaning at the end of the season then start counting the days until it starts all over again. I hate not having a Hibs game to look forward to.
    Last edited by marinello59; 14-06-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough CabbageBoy's Avatar

Yup, 23 years of ST ownership (including times when I lived outside Scotland) has come to an end. See no signs that there will be any entertainment on offer next year. Final straw for me was the Aberdeen match - shambolic 'tribute', crap football. Bring back John Collins.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    If you read Hibs.net often enough then I am sure you can answer your own last question. LOL.

I am not going to say you are wrong but can you tell me what benefit it is to the board to not give a **** about the fans who ultimately keep them employed? This is not a question of competence, that is a different debate, but you said the board does not care and I would like to know why you think they would take that position because it doesn't make sense to me. Again, I am NOT saying you are wrong. I don't know the board personally but, to me, it makes no sense to bite the hand that feeds you.

I renewed pre April, as I always do so made sense to renew early to get the top up....

I understand where you are coming from but I think we will announce a couple of signings this week, and hopefully these signings can make people think twice about next season.......Keep the faith.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

What is it you want exactly? If they are working hard at building a squad thats fine by me. I think we ALL know last season and much of the previous was unacceptable.
    ps Cheer up Gary Tank commander is back on.
    Last edited by greenlex; 13-06-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not me. I do the usual mumping and moaning at the end of the season then start counting the days until it starts all over again. I hate not having a Hibs game to look forward too.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I just sighed then renewed. Its become a habbit
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not me. I do the usual mumping and moaning at the end of the season then start counting the days until it starts all over again. I hate not having a Hibs game to look forward too.
    Me neither, but i haven't looked forward to a Hibs game since 01/01/2011.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I renewed pre April, as I always do so made sense to renew early to get the top up....

I understand where you are coming from but I think we will announce a couple of signings this week, and hopefully these signings can make people think twice about next season.......Keep the faith.....
    Good advice. I suppose deep down i will never lose the Faith but it's certainly getting harder.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    If you read Hibs.net often enough then I am sure you can answer your own last question. LOL.

I am not going to say you are wrong but can you tell me what benefit it is to the board to not give a **** about the fans who ultimately keep them employed? This is not a question of competence, that is a different debate, but you said the board does not care and I would like to know why you think they would take that position because it doesn't make sense to me. Again, I am NOT saying you are wrong. I don't know the board personally but, to me, it makes no sense to bite the hand that feeds you.
    I feel (and I stress the I) that their lack of early transfer activity is a kick in the bollocks (as someone else has said, we ALL know last season was not acceptable, therefore I feel there was more of an obligation to bring new faces in early in order to satisfy fans and make rivals take notice). I feel that their lack of 'Incentives' to entice fans and supporters alike to attend ER (not just season ticket holders) is a poor stance. I feel their promotion of the Hibee's Family is a misguided concept. (I could go into details about all three but I won't).

Again I am not saying I am right. This is just a mere expression of my feelings at this moment in time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I feel (and I stress the I) that their lack of early transfer activity is a kick in the bollocks (as someone else has said, we ALL know last season was not acceptable, therefore I feel there was more of an obligation to bring new faces in early in order to satisfy fans and make rivals take notice). I feel that their lack of 'Incentives' to entice fans and supporters alike to attend ER (not just season ticket holders) is a poor stance. I feel their promotion of the Hibee's Family is a misguided concept. (I could go into details about all three but I won't).

Again I am not saying I am right. This is just a mere expression of my feelings at this moment in time.
    Thanks for explaining. I've asked this question at least once before, what is the attraction with early signings? Do we have some documented proof that shows that the earlier you sign a player the better he is? I'm not going to argue with you, some signings before now would have gone a long way to repair their image but it doesn't mean that it would be the right thing to do. I, most likely just like you, want Hibs to make quality signings and if that means we have to wait, then wait we shall. I do not want Hibs making panic buys just to keep the message boards content.

As for the incentives, I couldn't agree more. We should be pulling out all the stops to get more bums in seats.....we have enough empty ones to fill after all.

Blog Entries

comedy gold.....you must be a writer to trade ?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    i have renewed but would not say a word about anyone that keeps their money back this season and maybe picks the odd game here and there. There is never a great time for the club to hit a sticky bit, but to do it at a time when a lot of people are having to count pennies is bad luck. Irrespective if we had had a great season last year, I think a lot of boys simply could not have afforded it this year.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    [/B]comedy gold.....you must be a writer to trade ?
    With that name I would have thought a farmer myself.

I think your sentiments are very easy to understand D

However - lets say the club came out and said that we wouldn't be signing any more out of contract players but would rely ENTIRELY on developing youth from now on? Those young players would need our support from the terracing to build their confidence. OK - so you won't have a ST next year but you will come along to the odd game. When you do - will you be loudly supporting the team or booing or calling players this and that?

If you are p***ed off mate - you are as well having a rest and recharging your batteries. Hibs will always be here for you

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    I've not renewed mine or my son's ST for next season, been a ST holder for years and a regular at the away games, but if im honest the renewal peroid passed without me blinking an eye.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I just sighed then renewed. Its become a habbit
    Similar, unfortunately that's all it's been for me for quite some time.
    I'm struggling tae remember the last time I went tae Easter Road and thought tae myself after the game, that was great, really worth being at. Instead, towards the end of last season I found myself leaving some games at half time because they were so dire and didnae even bothering tae go tae a couple of others even though I'd paid. The beer and the banter have been what's made Saturdays down Easter Road worthwhile of late with the fitba becoming a bit of a chore.

Hopefully a change for this one

First Team Breakthrough biggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: biggie1875
    To be fair we all knew what we were signing up for when we decided that it was Hibs we were going to support so why now even after all these years of knowing that we wouldnt be winning the league or cups every season decid enough is enough and don't renew ? It's Hibs we support not man u and the only way we will improve is if we stick together and give the club our financial backing win lose or draw

Four of my group have not renewed! I can see why and dont blame them! People who think there is no problem have to wake up and smell the coffee! Its not just people grumbling on here the silent minority are walking away!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inch Cabbage View Post
    Four of my group have not renewed! I can see why and dont blame them! People who think there is no problem have to wake up and smell the coffee! Its not just people grumbling on here the silent minority are walking away!
    You are correct we are!

Hibs have been part of my life for 40 years and love them to bits however... the bland, mundane, safe and inflexible approach shown by the board has definitely improved my apathy in terms of buying an ST or even thinking of patg.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by biggie1875 View Post
    To be fair we all knew what we were signing up for when we decided that it was Hibs we were going to support so why now even after all these years of knowing that we wouldnt be winning the league or cups every season decid enough is enough and don't renew ? It's Hibs we support not man u and the only way we will improve is if we stick together and give the club our financial backing win lose or draw
    I didn't have any choice. My earliest memory was the cup win in 1972 as a young boy. Little did I know I was going to have to wait 19 years for the next one and then another 15

Together we are stronger though Just as well the yams got trademark on Believe first

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    You are correct we are!

Hibs have been part of my life for 40 years and love them to bits however... the bland, mundane, safe and inflexible approach shown by the board has definitely improved my apathy in terms of buying an ST or even thinking of patg.
    Yep totally agree - I've looked on here for a good year or so and couldn't believe the amount of people expressing concern over various different aspects of our club being shot down so I signed up to voice mines too, in the real world there was a lot more people cheesed off in the pub after games than on here and in the real world the bums on seats were decreasing game on game last season. My question is have the club done anything at all yet to get these supporters back on side? Before Albion jumps in and says it could be the supports fault and not the board well the support is the long term livelihood of the football club not the board! It's not a matter of who is right and who is wrong it's a matter of keeping supporters on side, supporters who will plough money I. If there is a product on the park and if they feel they are giving but receiving nothing in return. This is not an over reaction to last season people are walking away IMO its years if being patient while we lose our best players to fund the debt then training ground then stadium, still turning up every week and after all the players are sold off we are a sorry shambles on the park and until that changes and the board show ambition on the park there are a lot of fans who won't be back. That's the bottom line, right or wrong they wont be back until there is a reason. Not every fan can blindly love the club and go no matter what like some of us and I completely understand where they are coming from.

First Team Breakthrough hibee1994's Avatar
    I renewed my season ticket in march and im not regreting it. We might not have won alot of games last season but how happy were we when we did. Football isn't supposed to be lets come first every year, it's supposed to be one of the most unpredictable games in the world. Thats what makes things boring if theres no competition, some old firm supporters may feel like that.

When we are on a winning streak, we're happy and when we are on a losing steak but win a game, we're happy. When we actually make a good signing, we're happy. I don't know about you guys but i love the un-predictability of football and i love the atmosphere at Easter Road on match day. The win isn't the only product on the table.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee1994 View Post
    I renewed my season ticket in march and im not regreting it. We might not have won alot of games last season but how happy were we when we did. Football isn't supposed to be lets come first every year, it's supposed to be one of the most unpredictable games in the world. Thats what makes things boring if theres no competition, some old firm supporters may feel like that.

When we are on a winning streak, we're happy and when we are on a losing steak but win a game, we're happy. When we actually make a good signing, we're happy. I don't know about you guys but i love the un-predictability of football and i love the atmosphere at Easter Road on match day. The win isn't the only product on the table.
    Are you Gramo in disguise

As a grumpy moaning faced middle aged bassa I am jealous of the optimism of youth

First Team Breakthrough hibee1994's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Are you Gramo in disguise

As a grumpy moaning faced middle aged bassa I am jealous of the optimism of youth
    haha no im not Gramo in disguise

If it wasn't for us optimistic youths, i'm guessing there would be no ST holders left at Easter Road...all this negativity, terrible!

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

If it wasn't for us optimistic youths, i'm guessing there would be no ST holders left at Easter Road...all this negativity, terrible!
    I've still got one .................................just

Left by mutual consent!

Nah, still quite a few grumpy auld gits there too

p.s I'm naewhere near as auld as that smilie would suggest but it's the only grumpy one I could find
    Last edited by Saorsa; 13-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inch Cabbage View Post
    Yep totally agree - I've looked on here for a good year or so and couldn't believe the amount of people expressing concern over various different aspects of our club being shot down so I signed up to voice mines too, in the real world there was a lot more people cheesed off in the pub after games than on here and in the real world the bums on seats were decreasing game on game last season. My question is have the club done anything at all yet to get these supporters back on side? Before Albion jumps in and says it could be the supports fault and not the board well the support is the long term livelihood of the football club not the board! It's not a matter of who is right and who is wrong it's a matter of keeping supporters on side, supporters who will plough money I. If there is a product on the park and if they feel they are giving but receiving nothing in return. This is not an over reaction to last season people are walking away IMO its years if being patient while we lose our best players to fund the debt then training ground then stadium, still turning up every week and after all the players are sold off we are a sorry shambles on the park and until that changes and the board show ambition on the park there are a lot of fans who won't be back. That's the bottom line, right or wrong they wont be back until there is a reason. Not every fan can blindly love the club and go no matter what like some of us and I completely understand where they are coming from.

Yeah, if only the board had announced the signing of a fans favourite, say Ivan Sproule for example, really really early on in the piece, that may have got some fans all excited....