hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar

Underappreciated Hibees

Interested to hear who people think were underappreciated performers for us. Guys who perhaps didn't get as much credit as they deserved whilst playing for the Cabbage - maybe guys who were missed once gone. Or just someone you thought was better than everyone else made out.

Always thought Lovell was badly missed once he moved on.

Gary Smith was a decent pro who done a really good job for us without much fuss.

Psycho Pat, although popular, I think was a better player for us than he got credit for.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Brewster

grant brebner...daniel anderson

Did anyone else rate Derek Collins? Always thought he was a decent fullback who never gets mentioned anymore...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Christian Nade

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Lovell.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    noubissie and clayton donaldson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested to hear who people think were underappreciated performers for us. Guys who perhaps didn't get as much credit as they deserved whilst playing for the Cabbage - maybe guys who were missed once gone. Or just someone you thought was better than everyone else made out.

Always thought Lovell was badly missed once he moved on.

Gary Smith was a decent pro who done a really good job for us without much fuss.

Psycho Pat, although popular, I think was a better player for us than he got credit for.
    Defo agree - especially about Lovell - a player who some sphinctorous idiots in the Hibs support chose to give pelters - even though as a striker playing at right back he was so far out of position as to be playing in the next solar system. Nevertheless, a natural leader, he applied himself tirelessly, scored goals and was definately missed when he left - notably when he was captaining the other side when we lost the League Cup Final to Livy.

Other Hibs players who have been underappreciated....

Joe Tortolano - OK he could be a bombscare, but he had an oh so sweet left foot which yielded many assists which his detractors always seemed to conveniently forget when they were cruelly ripping the pash out of him.

Colin Nish - OK certainly no super star but certainly a decent SPL striker who had a decent start to his career at Hibs with a fairly good return of goals and assists before having the confidence slowly battered out of him by the same breed of gobsheights who couldn't help but foam in the mouth over the above pair daring to be human.

Lets face it - we have a strong tradition at Hibs of destroying players who fail to live up to our lofty expectations - it's a regretable trait which I don't see changing any time soon

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Defo agree - especially about Lovell - a player who some sphinctorous idiots in the Hibs support chose to give pelters - even though as a striker playing at right back he was so far out of position as to be playing in the next solar system. Nevertheless, a natural leader, he applied himself tirelessly, scored goals and was definately missed when he left - notably when he was captaining the other side when we lost the League Cup Final to Livy.

Joe Tortolano - OK he could be a bombscare, but he had an oh so sweet left foot which yielded many assists which his detractors always seemed to conveniently forget when they were cruelly ripping the pash out of him.

Colin Nish - OK certainly no super star but certainly a decent SPL striker who had a decent start to his career at Hibs with a fairly good return of goals and assists before having the confidence slowly battered out of him by the same breed of gobsheights who couldn't help but foam in the mouth over the above pair daring to be human.

Lets face it - we have a strong tradition at Hibs of destroying players who fail to live up to our lofty expectations - it's a regretable trait which I don't see changing any time soon
    agree completely

I was going to say super Joe but thought better of it as I reckoned I'd get shot down in flames. On his game, he was amazing, other days you had to have the whole team standing on each others shoulders to get on the end of his crosses.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    :

Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post
    agree completely
    Bolt. He played *****...a lot. Aye he has a good SPL record (fair play to him for that) and, aye, he played well for us occasionaly. But he has played like a dumpling for a too long now.

Colin Nish apologists who want to blame every single one of the fans who called him ***** for him actually failing, before looking at the actual problem do my head in. Nothing to do with big poor Colin at all. What a load of pish.

Rant over.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Bolt. He played *****...a lot. Aye he has a good SPL record (fair play to him for that) and, aye, he played well for us occasionaly. But he has played like a dumpling for a too long now.

Colin Nish apologists who want to blame every single one of the fans who called him ***** for him actually failing, before looking at the actual problem do my head in. Nothing to do with big poor Colin at all. What a load of pish.

Rant over.
    I reciprocate - Nish's form steadilly dropped over the course of his time at ER - if you think that had nothing to do with home fans shouting abuse at him then you must have your head right up your erse!

Gamer IDs

I reciprocate - Nish's form steadilly dropped over the course of his time at ER - if you think that had nothing to do with home fans shouting abuse at him then you must have your head right up your erse!

I always thought Paul Fenwick was a better player than most gave him credit for.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I always thought Paul Fenwick was a better player than most gave him credit for.
    Me tae

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    This

Our last captain to hold aloft the Scottish Cup. He hardly gets a mention.

john o'neill

Tam Smith (the fullback who had to retire through Injury)

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Paul Dalgleish.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Ulrik Laursen

Antonio Murray, always thought he could have been a player for us if it wasnt for injury.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    The one and only...Alan Sneddon

Chris Killen

Graham Mitchell and Tommy McIntyre. Always thought they were solid, if unspectacular. Both played in a cup-winning Hibs team - not as if we have that many of them kicking about!

Tommy Preston
    Joe Tortolano
    Stevie Cowan
    Paul Fenwick

darren jackson. signed in his prime, played well for the club in an attractive side, sold on for a bundle. if only they could all work out so well.

Chris hogg

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    Ulrik Laursen
    Dinnae think i've ever heard any Hibbies saying he was anything but good for us.

Steven Fletcher. Don't think a lot of people realised just how good he was as he was in the team so young. Always thought he was potentially the best of that team.