hibs.net Messageboard

Separate Board for Hearts and other teams?

I think this is a great idea as it would mean that all those interested in discussing other teams can talk to like minded souls

And all the closet Yams posting under fine user names like "Ibleedgreen" and "Stantonistheking" can jerk off together

Imagine the world we could inhabit where we didn't have to witness people feverishly salivating over debt, run down stadia, 400,000 fans and child molesters?

Think of how dignified we would appear if we didn't have to witness Hibs fans openly displaying the very "wee team" attitudes the "big team" constantly accuse us of?

I'd like to dream of a main board that focuses on all things Hibernian FC
    Showing class

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is a great idea as it would mean that all those interested in discussing other teams can talk to like minded souls

And all the closet Yams posting under fine user names like "Ibleedgreen" and "Stantonistheking" can jerk off together

Imagine the world we could inhabit where we didn't have to witness people feverishly salivating over debt, run down stadia, 400,000 fans and child molesters?

Think of how dignified we would appear if we didn't have to witness Hibs fans openly displaying the very "wee team" attitudes the "big team" constantly accuse us of?

Showing class
    How sad would it look giving the Yams their own board. Also what would we do when derbies and the like come up?

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Aw naw!

Since I've come off the Bailey's Irish Cream, I rely on Hibs Net to get me through the day.

Ghettoising all the hilarious Hawrts stuff would would spoil half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    How sad would it look giving the Yams their own board.
    No-one is proposing that. It would be a board for talking about ALL other teams where there's no Hibs content e.g. Hearts, Old Firm, Barcelona, Man Utd etc

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Also what would we do when derbies and the like come up?
    Talk about the Derby on a thread of the main board?

Quote Originally Posted by dan sarf View Post
    Ghettoising all the hilarious Hawrts stuff would would spoil half the fun.
    No-one is proposing ghettoising it mate - it would only be a mouseclick away for you (who likes it) and a lack of mouseclick away for those who prefer Hibs chat. That way we are all catered for
    Last edited by RIP; 06-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I suppose you could always democratise your proposal by posting a poll.

Seeing how it's done on The Bounce there seems to be far too many sub-forums which can lead to a dilution of debate.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Why not go out all yammy and skip the poll and write a open letter or organise a late night 24hr protest until it gets cold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666

Showing class
    Join the Bounce. That's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Join the Bounce. That's what they do.
    Why do the Bounce do it then - is this a new thing or did they always do it?

Anyone know what other clubs messageboards do e.g. Follow Follow, Kerrydale St, Manchester, Dundee etc?

IIRC we didn't used to have a Yam prefix. I think that was a good step in the right direction but for me, having 6 or more Hearts threads on a Hibs supporters messageboard still reeks of a "Wee Team" mentality. It's just an unwelcome distraction and bring out the "haters" and their small-minded mentality.

In the Singing Section we have agreed that next season, Hearts songs will be kept for Derby day only. Hearts related posts on Hibs.Net should follow suit

Anyone know what other clubs messageboards do e.g. Follow Follow, Kerrydale St, Manchester, Dundee etc?

IIRC we didn't used to have a Yam prefix. I think that was a good step in the right direction but for me, having 6 or more Hearts threads on a Hibs supporters messageboard still reeks of a "Wee Team" mentality. It's just an unwelcome distraction and bring out the "haters" and their small-minded mentality.

In the Singing Section we have agreed that next season, Hearts songs will be kept for Derby day only. Hearts related posts on Hibs.Net should follow suit
    Have you thought about offering your services to the admin team so you can sort this place out then?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Does anyone care what they do?

So how do you propose to stop those who choose to sing yam or other non hibs/football songs outwith Derby day ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Does anyone care what they do?
    Nope

TBF the Bounce one works fairly well but what there is here works well as well!!! If the admins here acted on folk asking for Hibs.net to look like the Bounce they might as well open negotiations to merge the two and I don’t think that will ever happen. .net is .net the Bounce is the Bounce, each has its own skin to live in – ***** (oops sorry, thought I was on the Bounce ) its already too difficult to tell them apart in mobile style – most of the time.
    Space to let

Have a look, each of them are only a mouse click away.