hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ian Murray Testimonial

I don't know if he deserves one. Despite being a sound guy, I always thought that a testimonial was for 10 years continuous service as well as loyalty above and beyond the call of duty.

That said, it would be no reason to give him the type of attendance that Levein or Gary Mackay got. If I'm around Edinburgh, I'll definitely go.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2366884

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if he deserves one. Despite being a sound guy, I always thought that a testimonial was for 10 years continuous service as well as loyalty above and beyond the call of duty.

That said, it would be no reason to give him the type of attendance that Levein or Gary Mackay got. If I'm around Edinburgh, I'll definitely go.

Just said on the PM board, I've no interest in attending any of the events for this. He left us to go to Rangers after all and agree that these should be for continual service or oustanding loyalty.

I won't be going if he is pocketing a single penny of the proceeds.

Are you boys having a laugh? Get a grip. He's a Hibs fan and player who has been a good player for us. So what if he went to a better team to improve his game and win something. I'm a die hard Hibs fan and hate the OF but if i was playing for Hibs and got the chance to earn 5 times more and win something i'd be off in a flash. People need to lighten up a bit. I'll defo be there.

I'll be happy to go.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not for me, I've nae interest in testimonials, only ever been tae one, Gordon Rae's in 88 and that was on a freebie. Fitba players have enough money, particularly these days, I'll no be topping up their pension fund.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 01-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Clearly states that proceeds will go to good causes!

Would be happy to attend this, as he has been a good servant to the club. Yes, he went away in search of riches, but he is a Hibee through and through.

A tasty tie is what is required though... Manchester United anyone? Arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Not for me, I've nae interest in testimonials, only eve been tae one, Gordon Rae's in 88 and that was on a freebie. Fitba players have enough money, particularly these days, I'll no be topping up their pension fund.
    Not when you sign for Hibs!!

Coaching Staff
    With a little bit of luck and right career decisions, without doubt a future Hibernian manager. Good knowledge of the game, strong and disciplined mind, has the respect of colleagues, articulate and a sound role model. May not have the legs anymore but has the heart and desire in bucketloads.

Not a huge fan of testimonials however when we live in an age of footballers being more used to the front pages, I think Ian deserves his moment and proves that hard work and dedication and being a true professional can have it's rewards. Just dinnae go out to the boozer so soon after a derby loss Nid eh

Hope he is at the club for years to come in both a coaching and managerial capacity.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not when you sign for Hibs!!
    but they do when they sign for the huns and Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post

Would be happy to attend this, as he has been a good servant to the club. Yes, he went away in search of riches, but he is a Hibee through and through.

It clearly states that part of the proceeds will go to good causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post

Some of the proceeds will be donated. If he donates the lot I'll go.

The only other way I'll go is if Sauzee is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    but they do when they sign for the huns and Norwich.
    Touché

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'll most definately be in attendance.

Are you boys having a laugh? Get a grip. He's a Hibs fan and player who has been a good player for us. So what if he went to a better team to improve his game and win something. I'm a die hard Hibs fan and hate the OF but if i was playing for Hibs and got the chance to earn 5 times more and win something i'd be off in a flash. People need to lighten up a bit. I'll defo be there.
    I always thought a testimonial was for CONTINUAL service to a club....Not sure how IM deserves this as he has been to another couple of clubs.....At least he is giving part of money to charitable causes
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I always thought a testimonial was for CONTINUAL service to a club....Not sure how IM deserves this as he has been to another couple of clubs.....At least he is giving part of money to charitable causes
    I think it's how much you put into the club now. He helps the youth, he is always at the public events regarding the club.. Lives and breaths Hibs and for me that's enough. He's also putting money to charity so i can't see the problem to be honest. But it's your cash you don't want to go then don't. I know i'll be there and i'm sure he will get a decent turn out.

Coaching Staff
    I'm not having a laugh at all, yes he has been a a decent player and is a Hibs fan but for me those aren't sufficient reasons for someone to get a testimonial match or any other event.

Lewis Stevenson will be getting one next.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm not having a laugh at all, yes he has been a a decent player and is a Hibs fan but for me those aren't sufficient reasons for someone to get a testimonial match or any other event.

Lewis Stevenson will be getting one next.
    I tend to agree with you. In any case, as soon as you leave ER you should forfeit the right to any testimonial.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think it's how much you put into the club now. He helps the youth, he is always at the public events regarding the club.. Lives and breaths Hibs and for me that's enough. He's also putting money to charity so i can't see the problem to be honest. But it's your cash you don't want to go then don't. I know i'll be there and i'm sure he will get a decent turn out.
    Tam Mcourt lives and breathes the club, and he never pissed off to the huns to live and breathe them either.

Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    I'll be happy to go.
    Me too.
    I don't care about whether he merits one or not because his service has not been continuous., I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him play for us over the years. Down with all the cynicism. Money to charity and a chance to say thanks to one of my favourite players, I'll be there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I agree.

Where did I say I did not want to go?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by banarc7062 View Post
    I agree.
    I too agree.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Tam Mcourt lives and breathes the club, and he never pissed off to the huns to live and breathe them either.
    Never knew Tam played for Hibs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Where did I say I did not want to go?
    Apologies my mistake. I thought the way you were talking you prob wouldn't be going.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Me too.
    I don't care about whether he merits one or not because his service has not been continuous., I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him play for us over the years. Down with all the cynicism. Money to charity and a chance to say thanks to one of my favourite players, I'll be there.
    Spot on mate, some people just seem to shoot down anything positive on here these days. More things in life to worry about than the fact he played for Rangers and Norwich.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Never knew Tam played for Hibs!!
    You never said he did, but you did say this. (I'm a die hard Hibs fan and hate the OF but if i was playing for Hibs and got the chance to earn 5 times more and win something i'd be off in a flash.)

Hardly living and breathing all things Hibs is it, whatever that means anyway?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post

Surely Gary MacKay (aka Mr Hearts) would have had a full house for his do? I mean they are a big club, and he is a massive hero to them, and he won, er, lots of things for them. Does anyone know what the attendance was.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    They usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    With a little bit of luck and right career decisions, without doubt a future Hibernian manager. Good knowledge of the game, strong and disciplined mind, has the respect of colleagues, articulate and a sound role model. May not have the legs anymore but has the heart and desire in bucketloads.

Not a huge fan of testimonials however when we live in an age of footballers being more used to the front pages, I think Ian deserves his moment and proves that hard work and dedication and being a true professional can have it's rewards. Just dinnae go out to the boozer so soon after a derby loss Nid eh

Hope he is at the club for years to come in both a coaching and managerial capacity.
    Never really impressed me as a leader, too quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    Jeez, you'd think more of them than that would have gone, especially if they had booked a big team for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You never said he did, but you did say this. (I'm a die hard Hibs fan and hate the OF but if i was playing for Hibs and got the chance to earn 5 times more and win something i'd be off in a flash.)

Hardly living and breathing all things Hibs is it, whatever that means anyway?
    I think you know what i mean BH you're just being a smart arse. The guy has been a very good player for Hibs down the years and everyone knows his love for the club. The effort he puts into helping the young guys as well. To come out with the Tam thing is ridiculous.