hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl

The great season ticket swindle

I have just posted this over on P&B and thought I'd post it here too.

Ive been doing a little research on Season Ticket prices. I have based the prices on a single adult, none of that family nonsense and using the early bird etc to see what the cheapest seat is per club. I may be a bit wrong on some of them but hey its been a long day, please correct any thats wrong.

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Kilmarnock 330 (Theres a non OF game one too)

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Celtic 364 (May be cheaper ones but the websites a pain to navigate)

Rangers ??? (Asks me to log in, aye so I will)

So inconclusion Petrie is ripping us off bigtime. Aberdeens are decent. I know that these are based on the cheapest seats, yet the old firms ones are awful to navigate so I cant tell whats the cheapest at Celtics.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    My ST for the east was £405

I dont mind paying it if I get my money's worth, it's a big season coming up for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Ive been doing a little research on Season Ticket prices. I have based the prices on a single adult, none of that family nonsense and using the early bird etc to see what the cheapest seat is per club. I may be a bit wrong on some of them but hey its been a long day, please correct any thats wrong.

Hibs 355
    Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

So inconclusion Petrie is ripping us off bigtime. Aberdeens are decent. I know that these are based on the cheapest seats, yet the old firms ones are awful to navigate so I cant tell whats the cheapest at Celtics.
    Poorest value for money in the SPL. But that's not important. It maintains Petrie's reputation and keeps us up there as one of the best run clubs in the League. Great consolation for having to suffer the dross that's been served up for a few years.

£425 for Rangers in the Broamloan, £470 for Celtic. Both have 'incentives' (pretty sure its a free ticket for a home friendly and a free euro match).

As of June 13th you can add an extra tenner to adult prices for Hibs so that £355 will become £365. East will be £415.

its overpriced, no doubt about it. Still got one though.

Very useful info. I think I'll buy one for Inverness this season.

Left by mutual consent!

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Sure somebody will be along soon tae tell you what great value we are.

Why don't you compare like for like seats? I would need paid to sit in some parts of the other clubs grounds. How many cheap seats are available at these grounds compared to their full price seats? Why ignore family deals? Most people at ER don't pay full price. In fact a better comparision might be the average price that people actually pay.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Sure somebody will be along soon tae tell you what great value we are.
    Why would anybody do that when its much more fun to keep sticking the boot in to the club?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Why don't you compare like for like seats? I would need paid to sit in some parts of the other clubs grounds. How many cheap seats are available at these grounds compared to their full price seats? Why ignore family deals? Most people at ER don't pay full price. In fact a better comparision might be the average price that people actually pay.
    Why do you support everything the board does even when it is obvious that in this instance it's not value for money , how about making prices cheaper when the product is poor ?.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Why would anybody do that when its much more fun to keep sticking the boot in to the club?
    They've stuck the boot into us for long enough!

No more ST for me, they have taken the piss for too long now.

Just think of the precious wages to turnover ratio and think of the damage it is currently doing to the balance sheet we like to chug one off to each year.

355 is a bargain.

Left by mutual consent!
    For those of us that do pay full price it's interesting. I'm not interested in family deals or what the average price is, I'm interested on how others compare tae what I'm being asked for.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Just done a quick comparison for an adult ticket between Hibs, Hearts, Dun Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Killie.

I have looked at the cheapest adult ticket to the most expensive for early bird and those who have missed the early bird.

Hibs - £355-£405 and £365-£415

Hearts - £270-£445 and £305-£485

Dun Utd - £299-£420 and £365-£440

Aberdeen - £293-415 and £314-£436

Motherwell - £270-£370 and £280-£380

Kilmarnock - £330, just the one price for an adult ticket, no early bird as far as I can see.

Where Hibs fail is by offering a cheap adult ticket, we are between £20-£85 more expensive, this may be an area for the Hibs board to look at, maybe offering bronze (sections at the end of each stand, both upper and lower, these sections are not getting filled at the moment), silver (lower and upper tier middle areas for FF and penalty box sections for West and East) and Gold (lower and upper tier middle sections for West and middle sections in the East), however we do not offer the most expensive adult ticket, in fact Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd offer more expensive adults tickets ranging from £10-£70 more than Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Why do you support everything the board does even when it is obvious that in this instance it's not value for money , how about making prices cheaper when the product is poor ?.
    I agree that prices should be cheaper, not just when the product is poor either, however, its unfair to criticise the club against other clubs when the comparison is not like for like.

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts supporter advises me that the 270 tickets were early bird and really poor seats in the old stand. The "real" early bird price for his was £302 rising to £340 after early bird. (Still in the old stand)

Think quality of seat and view have to be taken into account...........surely

I don't have a family. I'm not a student nor an OAP, therefore I have no interest in what other deals they have. The fact for me is that Hibs are charging £365-£415 for a season ticket when it appears to be considerably less elsewhere.

These prices for watching Hibs twice a season is a scandal, much better value with an ER one – you get to see Hibs much more often
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    They've stuck the boot into us for long enough!

No more ST for me, they have taken the piss for too long now.
    Every cloud has a silver lining.

Have you found something else to moan about now and gie us a' peace

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    A swindle he says, who's stealing the money then?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    I don't have a family. I'm not a student nor an OAP, therefore I have no interest in what other deals they have. The fact for me is that Hibs are charging £365-£415 for a season ticket when it appears to be considerably less elsewhere.
    I'm the same, I go on my own so recieve no discounts at all. I haven't decided if I'm renewing this season yet.

My own gripe to add is that because I missed the payment deadline this season (my own fault) but theres no option to pick it up later on. You also have to start paying for it a good 4 months before the season starts. I'd much rather pay more every month during the season to attend games.
    Last edited by Gus Fring; 31-05-2011 at 04:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    So we should reduce ticket prices and at the same time show some ambition by increasing the playing budget?

We wouldn't sell many more season tickets if they were cheaper, if someone can't afford to pay £39p/month to pay it off then they probably shouldn't be getting a season ticket.

The only way to get more bums on seats is for the team to be less pish and the only way to do that is by getting better players on the park and unfortunately more often than not that costs money and it's got to come from somewhere.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Hearts supporter advises me that the 270 tickets were early bird and really poor seats in the old stand. The "real" early bird price for his was £302 rising to £340 after early bird. (Still in the old stand)

Think quality of seat and view have to be taken into account...........surely
    Provided these seats are still facing the pitch at ER then we have been short-changed of late. If on the other hand you're talking about views out over the Firth of Forth to take our minds off what's happening on the pitch then you might have a point.

I think offering the corners of the West Upper at a slightly reduced rate would result in slight boost. I'd be very interested to know how many Category B ticket holders are upgrading to a full ticket this season.

It would also be interesting to see a comparison between what other clubs charge for similar seats e.g. East/West Stand along the side of the pitch. A lot of the cheaper seats elsewhere seems to be for seats behind the goals and in corners.

Seats in the Wheatfield at the PBS for instance are more expensive than what we get charged for a similar viewing position - £455 as an early bird and £465 after for upper tier and £355/£400 for lower (the first ten rows or so).

Aberdeen's Main Stand is £415/£436.

The middle of the stand opposite the main Stand at Parkhead is £543 for lower tier and £482 for upper tier.

Lots of clubs have different pricing structures for different parts of the ground, while we have pretty much one price all round (in the main). For some parts of ER that's a huge bonus, for others it's not.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    You should really factor in the cup top-up as well - or do all clubs include that?

Coaching Staff
    No real swindle. Like for like comparisons come our not too bad and the facilities are good. You can either buy or not and can see from the accounts where the cash goes.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    The £270 Tynecastle effort is in the Asbestos Stand complete with pillars and wooden floors. Safety Certificate will bite them soon.

Compare the Gorgie with the FF or the Wheatfield with the East and you will see a different picture.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    From a students point of view, my was cheap as chips. That's for West Upper, literally as central as you can get without buying the posh seats.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I had to pay for mine myself, and as i've not attended college this year I haven't received a student card so my East stand seat has cost me £405.

It's easily affordable however, i'm paying via the payment plan which is something paltry like £37 a month. I've got a superb view from my spot in the East, the facilities are fine and I got my free cup top-up, so I don't feel hard done by in the slightest, to be honest.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller