hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

They even have their own flute band........ but it is a minority.

I've seen it all now.

The Heart of Midlothian Flute Band in all it's glory marching through Dalry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    WTF?

That's going on the facebook. See how many yam friends bite...

Strangely, I'm outraged. If you'd told me it existed, I probably wouldn't have believed you until I saw it with my own eyes.

Mini Rangers....Shower of bigots
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I, for one, am shocked by this news.

that lot never fail to amuse me , clowns

I highlighted this to several Yams in denial a couple of months ago (before the Lennon thing kicked off) after being challenged about my claims that Hearts have a significant sectarian element in their following. On producing similar videos the moronic hoardes rapidly returned to their sewers.

These knuckle dragging cretins marched through the backstreets of Gorgie on Saturday, no doubt to pay homage at the Asbestos Altar of Abasement.

Vile, putrid, shameful organisation with a nasty, ******ed, verminous support.

HMFC - Rancid to the core from 1874 to the present day.
    Last edited by Greentinted; 31-05-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I simply hate HMFC.

There is nothing else to say.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Love the way they can't even march in step, all 100 of them,
    In fairness to them what was the tune, I didn't recognise it from my extensive knowledge of "Marching" ditties.
    Maybes a new one written in time to honour Mad Vlad opening the new stand.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    28 seconds in on the second one. The fat boy is having a real bad belt day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    28 seconds in on the second one. The fat boy is having a real bad belt day.
    I had no idea that Duane Doberman was a bigot yam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    I simply hate HMFC.

This..

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    I simply hate HMFC.

"There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Do HMFB have any affiliation to the Hertz ?? Watched the two videos and never saw any Hertz scarfs or badges.

From the HMFB website:

The band was originaly formed in the late 70's early 80's but like most other bands fell by the wayside. However as stories of the past reached a new and up and comming young Orange Community, the young loyalists (and some old) of Edinburgh (and after three short meetings) reformed the band on Sunday the 25th July 2009.

The name of the band comes from the Heart of Midlothian stones, a memorial just outside the entrance of St Gilles Cathedral on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
    It comemorates an old prison and where all the hangings took place on a daily basis. Although the band is named the Heart of Midlothian we are not a Hearts band, the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh, with band members from the ABOD. The Orange Order and RBP in it's ranks.

Promising Youngster ZIBBY'SGLOVES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Mini Rangers....Shower of bigots
    The HMFC FB has been around for around 30yrs ,maybe not in it's present form but around none the less.Many years ago I was invited to a function at Lrith town hall by a Hertz mate(now dead) big Hoody Fae Clerrie, he was a bit into all that *****.
    Any how me and another Hibby decided to go along and see what it was all about,stupidly my mate wore a green shirt, not the most popular colour there that night lol. We were greeted at the door by a woman collecting for loyalist prisoner associations,to say a refusal oftenoffends was an under statement.
    Within about an hour and a half and 5/6 more pints on trooped the above band....most of the crowd went wild, the rest pissed themselves with excitement. However my mateheld out his shirt and kissed the GREEN,withn seconds he was lying under the table with orcs laying ito him,I was chased towards the door,luckily one or two Hertz guys saved my mate from a real doing by pulling the radges off.
    We still laugh about this ,but realise we were lucky to survive it. So this is nothing new for the half wits at the PBS,perhaps just history repeating.
    For what it's worth I could not care less about the band, having no religious beliefs, just the same as James connoly bands ,but wearing different uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    Do HMFB have any affiliation to the Hertz ?? Watched the two videos and never saw any Hertz scarfs or badges.

From the HMFB website:

......the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh....
    Just like the home support at Tynie then?

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    I highlighted this to several Yams in denial a couple of months ago (before the Lennon thing kicked off) after being challenged about my claims that Hearts have a significant sectarian element in their following. On producing similar videos the moronic hoardes rapidly returned to their sewers.

These knuckle dragging cretins marched through the backstreets of Gorgie on Saturday, no doubt to pay homage at the Asbestos Altar of Abasement.

Vile, putrid, shameful organisation with a nasty, ******ed, verminous support.

HMFC - Rancid to the core from 1874 to the present day.
    Or there about!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Just like the home support at Tynie then?
    I would imagine we have some Republicans in our support.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar

From the HMFB website:

The band was originaly formed in the late 70's early 80's but like most other bands fell by the wayside. However as stories of the past reached a new and up and comming young Orange Community, the young loyalists (and some old) of Edinburgh (and after three short meetings) reformed the band on Sunday the 25th July 2009.

The name of the band comes from the Heart of Midlothian stones, a memorial just outside the entrance of St Gilles Cathedral on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
    It comemorates an old prison and where all the hangings took place on a daily basis. Although the band is named the Heart of Midlothian we are not a Hearts band, the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh, with band members from the ABOD. The Orange Order and RBP in it's ranks.
    You really just can't make things like this up!!

The Heart of Midlothian, a stone mosaic built into the cobbles of the Royal Mile, was laid down around 1817 and marks the spot formerly occupied by the notorious Tolbooth prison. Also serving as a tax collection office, the old Tolbooth was a squalid building that was unpopular with the working classes of Edinburgh, as this is where they would normally grudgingly hand over their taxes to the city council. In a room at the back of the Tolbooth was an area used to hang prisoners.

I would imagine we have some Republicans in our support.
    We do but what does that have to do with what he said?

Left by mutual consent!

From the HMFB website:

Got to say, it's a bit bizarre to name yourselves after a few gobbed-on cobbles, but each to their own.

I wonder why they picked blooded turd as the colour of their uniform if they feel no affinity to the yams. Might be bus-spotters right enough.

I wonder why they decide to march through Gorgie/Dalry if they have no affinity with the yams. Might be the scenic views right enough.

the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh

Just like the home support at Tynie then.

My comment refers to the bit in bold.

I'm . Is it marching season already? Dirty Yam ****.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've a feeling that this thread will be more suited to "The Holy Ground" but as far as I'm concerned ALL marching bands (whether they be orange or republican) should be banned from our streets forthwith.

And I couldn't care a monkeys about infringing "human rights."

There are a lot of Hibernian bands too and still a few Hibs walks. I think this band is clear attempt to recruit from the deluded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    There are a lot of Hibernian bands too and still a few Hibs walks. I think this band is clear attempt to recruit from the deluded ones.
    Having worked at the James Connolly marches in Edinburgh I can tell you there were a fair few Hibs tops in attendance.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    it's a minority in the same way as the huns have their minority of bigots . It shouldn't really be news to anyone, all it takes is a look at the away end at ER when they visit and one can see the union flags and red hand flags. And the club themselves pander to this by issuing commemorative royal wedding strips and mugs - for the mugs.

Let's not forget they also made the worldwide press for their behaviour during that minutes silence for the pope, it's also hard to imagine that the attack on neil lemon was not motivated by sectarian hatred (and a fair degree of stupidity)

it's not just catholics that get it though, just ask mark walters and kevin harper who were racially abused by both the supporters and an employee of the club respectively.

if oswald mosley made football clubs...................

Having worked at the James Connolly marches in Edinburgh I can tell you there were a fair few Hibs tops in attendance.
    But wasn't he a Hibs fan?

Is that a biggoted march?

It's a Wonga band!

Left by mutual consent!
    Sadly HMFC do have an element in our support, but is a very slim slice of what we are. Most jambos hate them and call them HWTBF. Personally I am ashamed to be associated with these cretins and actually feel guilty of that association in that we support the same team. This band have nothing to do with HMFC of course, but as some have said we do have a traditional element in our support. I am sure there is also something similar on your side, although perhaps not in the same numbers.

Those of you who know many Jambos will recognise its just not what we are, those of you who think this is what we are, will see it as another reason to hate HMFC. This is nothing to do with us and nothing to do with football.

The bigots shame us, but they are very much a vocal minority. All in all just sad wee w****rs who have bolted themselves on to a cause.
    Last edited by primrose123; 31-05-2011 at 01:51 PM.