hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar

Aberdeen, Dundee & Perth Hibees look in here

Alright,

A couple of us were thinking about setting up a bus for games and getting some get-togethers, just looking to find out how many people would be interested. Idea being that those from Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth would then find it more affordable to get to games due to a shared bus price rather than individual petrol costs, and a better overall matchday experience getting the bus with other Hibees.

If you would be interested in this becoming a common occurrence then could you pm me with your name, contact number and e-mail address?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Hibernian Verse; 31-05-2011 at 01:14 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Doesn't apply to me but best of luck with that - with the kind of season we've just had you might need it. Still have so many happy memories of nights out in Aberdeen after Hibs games up there in the 60's. Still my favourite away fixture.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't apply to me but best of luck with that - with the kind of season we've just had you might need it. Still have so many happy memories of nights out in Aberdeen after Hibs games up there in the 60's. Still my favourite away fixture.
    You dont have to live here

Some good interest in this, got 7 or 8 names so far. Hopefully a few more and we can start thinking about it happening.

Sorry to maybe get you excited with another post but I’ve not seen this on the HibeesBounce – you might also want to try there.

Another thought might be to run any potential bus through Perth, which isn't that too far out your way. I know there are a lot of Hibbies there, or thereabouts.
    Space to let

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sorry to maybe get you excited with another post but I’ve not seen this on the HibeesBounce – you might also want to try there.

Another thought might be to run any potential bus through Perth, which isn't that too far out your way. I know there are a lot of Hibbies there, or thereabouts.
    Even stopping at the Broxden Services on the way down would perhaps be a good idea
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Last time somebody to organise this there were about 8 stops en route suggested that ''wouldn't be too far out of your way.''
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I thought there was a bus that runs from Perth? If not then definitely, as we need to pass Perth anyway.

Tried to change the thread title but failed miserably is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Tó Madeira View Post
    Tried to change the thread title but failed miserably is it possible?
    Ask an admin.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Tried to PM you but got the following ...

Tó Madeira has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Count me in . . possibly !
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Tried to PM you but got the following ...

Tó Madeira has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Count me in . . possibly !
    Should be ok now if you want to give me your email address.

Done

12 interested so far, roughly 20 makes it viable as it allows for as many drop outs as we can afford.

Bump for Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth and surrounding areas...get in touch!

IF i get into University, which will be Dundee, i would be very interested. So no point in taking my name because maths went very bad so i might not get in. But if i do then i would definately be interested in this.

Can someone who has an account on the Bounce please post a link to this thread with the thread title of "Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Hibees in here" or something similar?

I tried to sign up but apparently you need to get approved by the admin which they haven't done yet.

Cheers!

does Stirling count? if it does im in.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    does Stirling count? if it does im in.
    Stirling's a bit far off the route, that's down the road to the weej. If you were able to get to Perth then yes, but I don't know if you're just better off going straight to ER?

Can someone who has an account on the Bounce please post a link to this thread with the thread title of "Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Hibees in here" or something similar?

I tried to sign up but apparently you need to get approved by the admin which they haven't done yet.

Cheers!
    I'll do it. Do you want to PM me your email address so they can PM me and I'll pass on the info.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    IF i get into University, which will be Dundee, i would be very interested. So no point in taking my name because maths went very bad so i might not get in. But if i do then i would definately be interested in this.
    Sorry to hear that Fraze mate - never mind - you can always reply on your English

I can vouch for the fact there's a Perth Branch (the Mighty Perth Paul Kanos) but nae bus - we all take our jam jars. It's only £10-£15 in fuel for the round trip so a Perth fare on this new Aberdeen bus would have to be £5/£6 return before the drivers would swap from the car

I like travelling wi fellow fans so put me down as yer Perth Branch contact and I'll test the water. My brother and his family are in Dunfermline so you could make a pick up at Halbeath?
    Last edited by RIP; 01-06-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    Sorry to hear that Fraze mate - never mind - you can always reply on your English

I can vouch for the fact there's a Perth Branch (the Mighty Perth Paul Kanos) but nae bus - we all take our jam jars. It's only £10-£15 in fuel for the round trip so a Perth fare on this new Aberdeen bus would have to be £5/£6 return before the drivers would swap from the car

I like travelling wi fellow fans so put me down as yer Perth Branch contact and I'll test the water. My brother and his family are in Dunfermline so you could make a pick up at Halbeath?
    Didn't read this before I read the PM you sent. I'll contact a few coach companies but it might be worth you doing that yourself? I'll be hard pushed to find a coach from Aberdeen that will allow Perth Hibees to only pay £6 return. Maybe though, if there's enough of you. Disregard my PM and I'll call some companies tomorrow.

Cheers

Fraser

Didn't read this before I read the PM you sent. I'll contact a few coach companies but it might be worth you doing that yourself? I'll be hard pushed to find a coach from Aberdeen that will allow Perth Hibees to only pay £6 return. Maybe though, if there's enough of you. Disregard my PM and I'll call some companies tomorrow.

Cheers
    Fraser
    Ignore my PM Fraser. However if Aberdeen/Edinburgh is 250 mile round trip, Dundee/Edinburgh is 125 mile round trip and Perth/Edinburgh is 84 mile round trip you should be looking at fares of £27 return for Aberdeen, £13 return for Dundee and £9 for Perth otherwise one city is subsidising another

If however the cost rises to above £30, £15 and £10 - this would knock me back £30 for the 3 of us when my car only cost us £12-£15. It would be the odd one-off but not a regular commitment

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    Ignore my PM Fraser. However if Aberdeen/Edinburgh is 250 mile round trip, Dundee/Edinburgh is 125 mile round trip and Perth/Edinburgh is 84 mile round trip you should be looking at fares of £27 return for Aberdeen, £13 return for Dundee and £9 for Perth otherwise one city is subsidising another

If however the cost rises to above £30, £15 and £10 - this would knock me back £30 for the 3 of us when my car only cost us £12-£15. It would be the odd one-off but not a regular commitment
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll get onto companies today.

Last call...

On cost. As far as I am aware most busses running from ER to away matches charge £10, or more. They also run fund raisers / football cards to keep costs down. Maybe you could get in touch with some bus experts and see what they think is fair.
    Space to let