hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Motherwell vs Celtic

C'mon Motherwell.
    0-7

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would like to see Motherwell do the job and have a wee sneaky feeling its on.

(Translation - get doon the bookies and back Celtic to the hilt)

I have had a tenner on motherwell at 11-2 backed ross county last year to turn them over

I normally go for the underdog on such occasions but I'll be cheering on Celtic tomorrow.

I want Neil Lennon to lift a trophy this season. It's the least he deserves after all the crap he has had to put up with.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I normally go for the underdog on such occasions but I'll be cheering on Celtic tomorrow.

I want Neil Lennon to lift a trophy this season. It's the least he deserves after all the crap he has had to put up with.
    What? He doesn't deserve a trophy because he's been harassed by Rangers fans. You should only deserve a trophy for footballing reasons.

And if we're talking strictly football, then Neil Lennon has been an utter cock this season. Constantly making excuses for his team's shortcomings, repeatedly slandering referees and the SFL 'higher-ups', and in general, just being an odious little ****.

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Celtic get absolutely pumped tomorrow.

As for the parcel bombs and stuff, well, they're ridiculous, but he's got to at least shoulder a little bit of the blame for that. I'm in no way saying he deserves it, but if he had any sense he would learn not to be such an antagonistic little tool - especially considering his family is being put at risk, not just himself.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 21-05-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Eh?

Nah, Lennons had it tight but Celtic/Huns/Huns/Celtic

Each as bad as the other, I want Motherwell to win it.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Come on the Well. I have a sneaky feeling tomorrow that Motherwell will win.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie Reed View Post
    C'mon Motherwell.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    What? He doesn't deserve a trophy because he's been harassed by Rangers fans. You should only deserve a trophy for footballing reasons.

And if we're talking strictly football, then Neil Lennon has been an utter cock this season. Constantly making excuses for his team's shortcomings, repeatedly slandering referees and the SFL 'higher-ups', and in general, just being an odious little ****.

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Celtic get absolutely pumped tomorrow.

As for the parcel bombs and stuff, well, they're ridiculous, but he's got to at least shoulder a little bit of the blame for that. I'm in no way saying he deserves it, but if he had any sense he would learn not to be such an antagonistic little tool - especially considering his family is too being put at risk.
    Sorry, don't want to turn this into another "Lennon" thread but just saying how I feel about the match.

To be honest it would be just as good seeing Motherwell win for obvious reasons being the underdog and all. Plus Celtic and Lennon will have plenty other opportunities to lift a trophy.

However, I still want Celtic to win.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into another "Lennon" thread but just saying how I feel about the match.

To be honest it would be just as good seeing Motherwell win for obvious reasons being the underdog and all. Plus Celtic and Lennon will have plenty other opportunities to lift a trophy.

However, I still want Celtic to win.
    Are you Neil Lennon?

Left by mutual consent!
    'mon 'Well,

**** the smellies

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Are you Neil Lennon?
    Are you not Neil Lennon?

I didn't realise there was an "opt-out".

As for the parcel bombs and stuff, well, they're ridiculous, but he's got to at least shoulder a little bit of the blame for that. I'm in no way saying he deserves it, but if he had any sense he would learn not to be such an antagonistic little tool - especially considering his family is too being put at risk.
    I disagree with you as far as Lennon being partly to blame for the bombs etc is concerned, but I totally agree with the first part.

I would love to see Neil Lennon finish this season empty handed. His behaviour has been scandalous all season and I just can't support any team that he is involved with.

Come on ye 'Well.

What on earth has lennon done to have to shoulder a bit of blame for getting parcel bombs sent to him? Noone deserves parcel bombs being sent to them no.matter how.much of a tw@t they are.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    What on earth has lennon done to have to shoulder a bit of blame for getting parcel bombs sent to him? Noone deserves parcel bombs being sent to them no.matter how.much of a tw@t they are.
    Because 'shouldering a bit of blame for something' and 'deserving something' are synonymous with each other.

He's party to blame because he KNOWS what the Rangers fans are like - ****! There's no point antagonising them, because he WILL get a response. If he just kept his head down and got on with things, like the rest of the managers in the division, then I doubt he'd have a problem. And cupping his ears to the Rangers fans - AFTER he'd received the parcel bomb - doesn't go down as an act of defiance; it was an act of idiocy.

Obviously no football manager should be subject to threats/bombs etc, but the fact is, he is. Constantly acting like a cock doesn't do him any favours at all.

Ach, it was always gonna happen!:

I'd just like to see the underdog come through. Couldn't give a toss about who the manager of either club is.
    Last edited by Greentinted; 21-05-2011 at 12:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Mon Motherwell, hope they humiliate Celtc tomorrow - would love to hear Lennon's excuses.

I'd prefer Well to win, but, expect Celtc to win by 2-3 goals.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't want Celtic to win but I don't really want Motherwell to win either.

I hate watching other teams winning the Cup, at least when Rangers and Celtic win it they're not really bothered and the jealousy doesn't kick in as much.

I hope Motherwell win with the world's dodgiest penalty, in the 97th minute. Given after the ref originally gives a free kick to Celtc, only to then consult with a linesman, award the penalty, send Neil Lennon to the stand who then gets arrested for head-butting the fourth offical on the way past.

That's not too much to ask for, surely!

C'mon the tic. I personally will be delighted for Mr Lennon...

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Hope Motherwell win. Would want any other team to turn over the OF in a Cup Final, apart from the Yams of course.

Come on Motherwell

I can't believe we have some Hibs fans wanting Celtic to win a trophy

@hibs.net private member
    Don't like all this vilifying of Neil Lennon to be honest, so I wouldn't be too upset if Celtic were to win it, but I usually always go for the underdog.
    Here's hoping it's an entertaining game to bring down the curtain on a poor season for Scottish fitba.

Nae doubt the smellies will pump Motherwell.

I hope Neil Lennon has a really nice holiday and all of the sectarian crap stops on both sides of the OF divide. But to want an OF team to win anything, for whatever reason IMO is unthinkable, with the possible excemption of stopping the Yams from winning something.

I remember celtic beating us in the cup final. On the way out of Glasgow passing their fans there was no air of excitement coming from them, no dancing about ... nothing !!! It was just another trophy to go with all the others they have seen them win.

Thats the difference for me. I want to see the true Well fans who have supported their team through thick & thin given some reward. In the hope that one day that might be us.

Good Luck Motherwell.

I am embaressed that so many people on this board want Celtic to win. Neil Lennon is one of the biggest idiots involved in Scottish Football ever. Ok, he does not deserve parcel bombs sent to him, or he does not deserve to be attacked but the guy is a clown. Neil Lennon is a sick minded individual who thrives on all this nonesence. The guy should at least show some responsibility as a manager in dealing with all this, but instead he stands in the middle of Ibrox infront of 50k putting his hands to his ears saying, I cant hear you. Plus he has a coupon that looks as if it should be punched repeatedly till black and blue. This is just my hatred for Neil Lennon. I have not even started on Celtic as a club yet.

I don't care who wins it today as long as it's no celtc.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Motherwell have won the scottish cup the same amount of times as us, i would prefer they(and every other club, bar huntic) are not more successful in cup wins, sellick to win ta