hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Hammills a dumbo

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...s-a-Jambo.html

Looks like we've been knocked back for this boy then, who'd have thought FJK would have nipped in to get one of our targets, fancy that.

Wonder if it was CC that started the rumours we were interested in Darren Dodds and half the ross county team

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Good signing for them unfortunately. Diamond on the other hand is garbage.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    It says that Zander Diamond is also a target, I really hope that they get him.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good signing for them unfortunately. Diamond on the other hand is garbage.
    Agree with both points, i'm also not particularly worried if they sign Grainger, especially if he's a replacement for Wallace.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearts pay double our wages. They will always win on transfer targets. Get over it.

In essence we sign the players left that Hearts are not interested in.

First Team Breakthrough ulises_trotter's Avatar
    he needs to man up and shave off whats left of that barnet....

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hearts pay double our wages. They will always win on transfer targets. Get over it.

In essence we sign the players left that Hearts are not interested in.
    Who's not over it? I'm not quite crying into my bacon rolls here, it's not Messi we've lost out on, it's an average/decent SPL player that's never likely to achieve anything more than spl football so i'm sure there's other players we can get that are better than him.

You do make a good point though, whenever hearts finances get talked about on here you get the usual 'yawn' smilies and reference to open top bus parades showing off our bank statements but it's because as you say they pay double what we do, even though they can't afford it, that i take an interest in there finances, not becaused i'm obsessed with them or that i'm bothered about how much we've got in the bank.

The SFA said they were going to clamp down on clubs overspending to ensure they don't end up with another Gretna type scenario, well i wish they would hurry up and put some controls in place.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The SFA said they were going to clamp down on clubs overspending to ensure they don't end up with another Gretna type scenario, well i wish they would hurry up and put some controls in place.
    It must be true then, if they said it.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Disappointed, was impressed with him and he would have been a very welcome addition.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Disappointed, was impressed with him and he would have been a very welcome addition.
    That said, as well as Jefferies as played the market in the past, he more than most has brought his former players to his new clubs and they haven't always been a success.

Hammill does actually look and act like a Jambo anyway.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition.

Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

Disappointing that they have bought Hamill it has to be said. I hope it fails miserably like the Barr transfer.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition.

Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

Disappointing that they have bought Hamill it has to be said. I hope it fails miserably like the Barr transfer.
    Because when the better players from other SPL clubs move, it's generally for higher wages than Hibs can afford.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Because when the better players from other SPL clubs move, it's generally for higher wages than Hibs can afford.
    Good SPL players have left the likes of Motherwell and Killie in the past for lower League 1 and League 2 sides. Hibs can be competitive in this market.

who cares? palsson and jimmy will tear him a new one anyway..

Instead of the madness our club have followed through complete mismanagement, of quantity over quality, (37 players this season) perhaps it would be better, if the club genuinely embarked on a quality over quantity policy, that would enable us to be more than competitive in the SPL Bosman market...

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Instead of the madness our club have followed through complete mismanagement, of quantity over quality, (37 players this season) perhaps it would be better, if the club genuinely embarked on a quality over quantity policy, that would enable us to be more than competitive in the SPL Bosman market...
    That seems to be CC's aim, and I suspect that this has been the board's recent policy, the problem being the poor players that have been accumulated by previous managers (notably JC and Yogi).

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I'm with you on this. I feel Hibs should look at signing players of a certain calibre and hopefully boost the team , as well as adding an asset that could be sold on at a profit at some later date. The signings of Stokes and Miller seemed to point the way, but we have seem precious little since.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Jefferies is doing what are hopefully lining up for this summer. Buying proven SPL players who can improve the squad while weakening your opposition. Its win win and I've never understood why Hibs (with the buying power they have over other SPL clubs) haven't exploited it in the past.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    What's his preffered positions.. LB and CM? We have Palsson, Scott, Miller and Booth. Not the two areas we need to improve on most I don't think, need to focus more on the other areas of defence IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    What's his preffered positions.. LB and CM? We have Palsson, Scott, Miller and Booth. Not the two areas we need to improve on most I don't think, need to focus more on the other areas of defence IMO.
    Think he has been playing at right back for Killie but used to be a midfielder.

Left by mutual consent!
    We can afford them it is just due to Petrie once again not putting his hand in his pocket.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the Hibs View Post
    We can afford them it is just due to Petrie once again not putting his hand in his pocket.
    If we are competing with Hearts due to wages the bottom line is they will pay much more than us. See Barr, Webster etc

That seems to be CC's aim, and I suspect that this has been the board's recent policy, the problem being the poor players that have been accumulated by previous managers (notably JC and Yogi).
    Although they and others would say that they were prevented from signing the better quality because of our wage structure.

On the wage structure what is it?

I'm sure i've read Scott Lindsay say that how the Manager spends the budget is up to him. That their is no wage cap.

Others say that there is a wage cap.

Others say that the Manager has no involvement with the financials at all...

One thing for sure is that the Board ask whoever is Manager to identify targets.

And just about every Manager we've had in the past ten years (and we've had a few) is on record as stating that they've missed out on their first targets.

Why does our board fail consistently to secure our top targets as idebtified by our Manager?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Let them have him. We owe them for helping us dodge a bullet with Barr.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It must be true then, if they said it.
    Cos they were going to sort out the bigotry and act on the offically banned songs, so it can surely only be a question of time. Just wait until that not very good English based businessman Doncaster works out that the SFA has something to do with football then we really will be flying............

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Although they and others would say that they were prevented from signing the better quality because of our wage structure.

I'm sure i've read Scott Lindsay say that how the Manager spends the budget is up to him. That their is no wage cap.

One thing for sure is that the Board ask whoever is Manager to identify targets.

And just about every Manager we've had in the past ten years (and we've had a few) is on record as stating that they've missed out on their first targets.

Why does our board fail consistently to secure our top targets as idebtified by our Manager?
    Smurf, the one person you mentioned there that absolutely and categorically does know what the position with the wage budget is, is Scott Lindsay. Why would you believe the other people ahead of him?

IIRC, the board have made that statement at a minuted AGM, they can't lie to the shareholders, and more to the point - why would they with this information?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Cos they were going to sort out the bigotry and act on the offically banned songs, so it can surely only be a question of time. Just wait until that not very good English based businessman Doncaster works out that the SFA has something to do with football then we really will be flying............
    Just wait till Doncaster finds out that some people think he has something to do with the SFA.

@hibs.net private member
    I am sure they do try that Smurf. Do you think we deliberately buy players who are not up to the task?

@hibs.net private member

Who would that be I wonder?