hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scotland squad for Carling cup ties

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resource...Squad17May.pdf

Still no Fletcher, its about time him and harry potter patched up there differences for the good of the nation

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Still no Fletcher, its about time him and harry potter patched up there differences for the good of the nation
    I think the onus may be on Fletcher if the reports were right.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    How did gilks manage to get in the squad, turner as well. Gilks has been injured for months and turner is gash. Cammy bell must wonder why he isnt getting a call up.

While I would have loved to see Cammy in the squad I didn't see it happening. His form seems to have dropped a bit recently.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

It's about time harry potter jumped off a bridge for the good of the nation. Miserable, grudge bearing prick.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It's about time harry potter jumped off a bridge for the good of the nation. Miserable, grudge bearing prick.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I think the onus may be on Fletcher if the reports were right.
    The onus is aways on the senior party to make the move. That is what management is all about whether it is football or any other business.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

remind me if im wrong but did flech not send the sfa a text asking not to be called up anymore ?
    i.e. leaving the national team ?

Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    remind me if im wrong but did flech not send the sfa a text asking not to be called up anymore ?
    Just for the NI game as Wolves had an important set of fixtures coming up

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    It was for one game, an unimportant Keltic cup match against Northern Ireland because Wolves had a few important matches in a short space of time. I'm glad to see the decision was vindicated as far as Wolves is concerned.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Potter has decided not to pick Goodwillie for 'non footballing reasons'. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Potter wants a reputation as a disciplinarian. He should maybe remeber that he once brought the game into disripute and embarrassed himself and his club when he punched his team mate during a game!

Don't get me wrong, if Goodwillie is found guilty, he should get all the punnishmentthat is coming to him.

Levein is a horrible horrible prick. No doubt fletcher and goodwillie will be replaced by englishmen with no desire to play for scotland but would like the benefits of being an international player!

Whatever the reasons are for Fletcher not being included it needs to be sorted out ASAP.

He's the most in form Scottish striker and not even Craig Levein can deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Whatever the reasons are for Fletcher not being included it needs to be sorted out ASAP.

His absence just looks ever more ridiculous and glaring

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    How the F*** did James Forrest get in the squad. Levein stop calling up English Born Players.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Here's some quotes from the BBC wesbite from Levein.

"The situation with Steven is exactly the same as before - if Steven indicates to me that he wants to be involved in the Scotland national team then I'll consider him."
    When asked if the door was not closed for the Wolves striker, Levein said: "He just needs to open it. I have absolutely no problem with Steven, as I've said in previous times, but really I'm here to talk about people who are selected"

I will remove my green specs for this one.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Fact. Via text!!!

He refused to play for his country. Many of us would crawl over hot coals for that privilidge.

It's up to Steven to realise he was bang out of order and acted unprofessionally. Nobody else. He is a big boy now. I hope for his sake and the countries, he see's sense.

He is just making himself appear rather foolish.
    Last edited by BleedGreen; 17-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.

And not even a sniff for Stephen Dobbie of Swansea, playing in a top ECL club and scoring for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    And not even a sniff for Stephen Dobbie of Swansea, playing in a top ECL club and scoring for fun.
    Dobbie is 100% scottish and has connections with Hibs.

He will not appeal to potter

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    Dobbie will be playing for swansea that weekend

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen View Post
    I will remove my green specs for this one.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Fact. Via text!!!

He refused to play for his country. Many of us would crawl over hot coals for that privilidge.

It's up to Steven to realise he was bang out of order and acted unprofessionally. Nobody else. He is a big boy now. I hope for his sake and the countries, he see's sense.

He is just making himself appear rather foolish.
    He was picked via text. He then sent a reply saying he wanted to be excused from that game. Why is it so terrible to withdraw by text if you're being picked by text?

It's Potter who has taken the cream puff and decided to exclude him from all games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post

Im sure fletcher must be having a good laugh to himself now he has proved,as levein said he wasnt, a consistent performer at the highest level and he was praised to the hilt by the wolves chairman and fans over the last few weeks.Im afraid potter has shown his usual pettiness and of course the fact that fletcher played for hibs means there is no chance of him being picked.
    Fletcher is playing even better than i thought him capable and if wolves stay up it will be in no small part due to fletchers goalscoring.Funny how fletcher is only playing as doyle is unfit.Funny old game and big mick has been very lucky in that sense although he did sign him for £7m so knew he could do the business.Fletcher should forget about scotland and go on to become a big player in the premier league and then enjoy watching levein make a hash of things.Only way i can see fletch in a scotland shirt is if potter gets the boot.heres hoping.Cant stand the guy and his bias on the radio and his ultra defensive approach to games.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Potter has decided not to pick Goodwillie for 'non footballing reasons'. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Potter wants a reputation as a disciplinarian. He should maybe remeber that he once brought the game into disripute and embarrassed himself and his club when he punched his team mate during a game!

Don't get me wrong, if Goodwillie is found guilty, he should get all the punnishmentthat is coming to him.

Levein is a horrible horrible prick. No doubt fletcher and goodwillie will be replaced by englishmen with no desire to play for scotland but would like the benefits of being an international player!

and not forgetting he cheated on his wife with that all:sports PR burd whilst with hertz and leicester absolutely nothing to do with football but i thought i would just say

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    4-6 made Scotland the laughing stock of world football and will be the reason Levein gets the heave sooner rather than later. A fall-out with one of our best strikers won't help.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Potter GTF

Interesting that only six of the squad of twenty four are home based !
    What does that tell us about the SPL ?
    Or alternatively about Harry Potter

No Goodwillie, Bell or Murphy aren't we are lucky we can afford to ignore inform players

@hibs.net private member
    Boyd packed it in but that didn't stop Levein crawling back to him. And Boyd's not half the player Fletcher is.

Some of the bias here is cringeworth!

Potter is a knob! No doubt!

But I'm not about to let that fact and the fact Fletcher is an ex Hibs man sugar coat the situation.

Potter wanted Fletcher, in spite of criticising Potter in the press after Czech game.

Fletcher snubbed Scotland. Idiot! No player is bigger than the Country. Not only did he snub us, he done it via text and not direct to Potter either!!!!

He sent it to Frank Reilly the liason officer! Incredible. Then he continued to air his views through the media. Too scared to face Potter. Pathetic behaviour.

It saddens me as I love Fletch. Would love to see him back at ER one day. But it really is his own fault here and he needs to grow up, reduce his head size, and think about the mistake he made.

Love to see him being the bigger man here and playing for Scotland again. Potter has still left the door open, time will tell if Fletch see's sense.
    Last edited by BleedGreen; 17-05-2011 at 05:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Let's face it, Fletch is making a name for himself in the biggest league in the world. Does he need Scotland ? No.

Does Scotland need Fletch ? Yes.

If Potter wasn't so arrogant, he would do the necessary.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    With a rucksack full of concrete strapped to his back, just to make sure
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller