Might be something in it now

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...l-bust-up.html

Would take him back. His skills not attitude

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Have to agree i'd take him back in heart beat but top goalscorers cost Money and he's well out of our range.

Its not a suprise he's fell out with his manager because first team football is becoming less and less, and I think his dad was right when he said a while ago his son would be leaving this summer due to a lack of first team action.
    Last edited by hibiedude; 17-05-2011 at 06:06 AM.

He has form at every club he has been with. CC shouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Hibs need to build a team not a disruptive bunch of individuals.

Way too good for Hibs unfortunately. Plus we wouldn't want to upset the 'top' talent at the club who have taken us to the heady heights of tenth by taking a decent player in.

His attitude was part of the reason we punted him to Celtc in the first place so I doubt we'll be rushing to take him back again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His attitude was part of the reason we punted him to Celtc in the first place so I doubt we'll be rushing to take him back again.
    That's not what Yogi said. He thought he was getting the cash to use on the squad. He said that if he had known he'd get the sack a few games later he'd never have agreed to selling him.

No mention of his attitude - that stuff's all came out of the AGM and the off the record comments made then. And they've worked as it's all being taken as fact now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That's not what Yogi said. He thought he was getting the cash to use on the squad. He said that if he had known he'd get the sack a few games later he'd never have agreed to selling him.

No mention of his attitude - that stuff's all came out of the AGM and the off the record comments made then. And they've worked as it's all being taken as fact now.
    I guess it depends on who you believe. I wouldnt take anything Yogi says as gospel but thats just my opinion. There were enough stories coming out way before the AGM, many of them direct from the dressing room regarding his "attitude".

Lets just say I wouldnt bet on him coming back to ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

What Yogi said before and after he left changed dramatically. He had already identified Duffy and, as I understand it, if Duffy wasnt going to join Stokes was going nowhere. It was Yogi's decision although Stokes would have been practically unmanageable had he not been allowed to go. He also didnt leave himself much time as we were at the end of the transfer window anyway. I like Yogi and am dissapointed things didnt work out for him but he should shut up now and retain what little dignity he has left.

Its not going to happen but, for what it's worth, I reckon CC could handle him. There would only be one winner.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    No way petrie would have him back and if its true o'Connor was caught with drugs then he won't be coming back either.

Scores goals for fun but causes unrest in the dressing room, erm no ta.

Absolutely NO chance of him returning.... He was left go because of his off the field antics and the Board would not want a repeat of that....Good player, but involved in far too much off the field
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    19 goals in a broken season where he hasn't been playing every game.

Would take him back in a heartbeat, 2 year deal and sell him south for big money.

I could see him scoring fifty goals in that time, the form he's in

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    19 goals in a broken season where he hasn't been playing every game.

Would take him back in a heartbeat, 2 year deal and sell him south for big money.

I could see him scoring fifty goals in that time, the form he's in
    Thats my thoughts on the subject

Testimonial Due
    Dont think there is any chance in hell he will be coming back to Hibs, regardless of how much trouble he may or may not cause.

He has done very well in his first season through there, if they dont want to keep him, which would suprise me, I would think he could quite easily get a team in the lower part of the premiership.

Left by mutual consent!
    The Sun story may be correct but i'm certain that I saw Stokes and Lennon together on Sunday night and they seemed fine with each other.

If we're to get over the disaster that was this season CC needs to build a team where players pull together - Stokes does not fit this bill, he's a loose cannon at the best of times if stories about his behavior are correct.
    No thanks

How we have missed his goals this season

**** me, we are a football club and he is an excellent footballer, end of.
    People on here seem to wet their pants if someone dares to make a mistake in their personal life or heaven forbid do not conform to the "Hibs way".
    There are plenty of good and even great players who cannot/could not behave...George Best, Diego Marradona, Samuel E'too, to name but a few!!!
    We could even apply "bad boy" status to Russel Latapy, but god knows how much we would love to have someone like that back in the team.

People need to get off their morale high horse and understand that these are guys who do their job very well, but maybe not stand a chance of a knighthood for services to the community!

By the way I don't think we will get him anyway.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    People on here seem to wet their pants if someone dares to make a mistake in their personal life or heaven forbid do not conform to the "Hibs way".
    There are plenty of good and even great players who cannot/could not behave...George Best, Diego Marradona, Samuel E'too, to name but a few!!!
    We could even apply "bad boy" status to Russel Latapy, but god knows how much we would love to have someone like that back in the team.

People need to get off their morale high horse and understand that these are guys who do their job very well, but maybe not stand a chance of a knighthood for services to the community!

Agreed.

Whilst you would rather our players were professional off the pitch I dont pay season ticket money so that they tip in Lulu and say please and thanks to taxi drivers. Put another way would eveyone take a team of stokes if we won the league and scottish cup? For sure you would.

In any event I do not see him taking a step back to hibs in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

Great post. The self righteous tripe gets right on my thrupennys sometimes. He scores goals. Tell the younger players not to lend him any money or go to the bookies with him and the problens solved; its not difficult.

George Best, Paul Gasgoine, Anthony Stokes, Gary O'Connor

They may be footballers but are just as succeptible to the same ailments as the rest of us.

Big money probably makes them more succeptible

That's why I am so delighted with Derek. Fair do's he hasn't been firing on all cylinders (Saturday apart) but he looks much fitter, disciplined and clean cut than in previous seasons. The off-field behaviour that plagued him for years is now a thing of the past. He's in a relationship and a father. Good to see

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn Sandwich View Post
    He has form at every club he has been with. CC shouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Hibs need to build a team not a disruptive bunch of individuals.

He is a quality striker with a crap attitude. He probably will move on but he won't come back to us. Wouldn't be surprised to see him or o'connor (maybe both) turn up at hearts. They are the only scottish team willing to spend the amount they would demand in wages.

Proven goalscorer take him straight away, after a firm talking to of course , why would we not be able to get him? were cutting our pool of players, wages will be freed up???

Its not even a Hibs story as such given that its just another supporter saying "heard he is coming back".Another text from a mate???
    There is no mention of a return to Hibs in the article.Whether it has any credibility coming from the sun is dubious anyway.
    He was a Hibs player who was apparently moved on due to his bad habits and
    disruptive qualities.He may or not be leaving celtic but Im almost certain he isnt coming back here(based on instinct alone and absolutely no inside info whatsoever).Whether we as supporters would want him back or the club would take him back ,if the stories of his previous behavior are true, are seperate issues.
    Personally as far as the playing side of things go Id have him back for sure.If this ever becomes a resigning issue I will trust and support the judgement of the more knowledgeable people within the club to make the right decision and hope they get it right this time

Coaching Staff
    How come when we had disruptive players we ended up 4th?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    If he wasn't disruptive maybe we could have finished third or even second or even..............
    Maybe his influence has hindered younger players developing. There weren't many if that double winning under 19 side that made it. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Which maybe came to the fore during the lengthy spell of rubbish that was the final three months of the season? Maybe that attitude prevented a better recovery? MAYBE..... it cost us the Scottish Cup???

Stokes is ok in the SPL-not up to it anywhere else.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Stokes is ok in the SPL-not up to it anywhere else.
    Well we do play in the SPL, so...
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller