hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Palsson (Leeds & Southampton Sniffing Around)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hibs couldnt come close to keeping away the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs couldnt come close to keeping away the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Oh dear.
    Sad but true. That's the economic reality we face.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Petrie will be biting they're hands off at the moment I would think

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If he does go. Who are we going to replace him with. A First Division Reject.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    We only signed him from Liverpool in January so why would it have to be a First Division reject to replace him as opposed to another Premiership youngster?

There are some proper drama queens on here recently.

If we can sell on a player we have only had for 6 months and get another premiership youngster in I think this would be a great bit of business especially as he only signed a 18 month deal so was obviously looking at Hibs as a stepping stone back to the big time.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hugely over-rated IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Petrie will be biting they're hands off at the moment I would think

Nonsense. Do you think he'll be begging to stay?

More likely the reson he signed an 18 month deal in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Nonsense. Do you think he'll be begging to stay?

More likely the reson he signed an 18 month deal in the first place.
    If he moves it will be the players decision.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MixuMac View Post
    If we can sell on a player we have only had for 6 months and get another premiership youngster in I think this would be a great bit of business especially as he only signed a 18 month deal so was obviously looking at Hibs as a stepping stone back to the big time.
    Bad news if this happened. We need to be signing good players and keeping them for at least the length of their contracts. OK its a short contract but lets have him on the park for another season. Can't see Petrie selling nor CC agreeing.

The Finland Under-21 international has made 16 appearances for Hibs and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of scouts.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    While i believe there is a good young prospect in there, i don't think he's done much to impress scouts. If he stays i'd like to get him signed up on a longer deal as we'll loose him for nothing this time next year.
    Also, Leeds & Southampton have both been on the brink of bankruptcy recently so wont have lot's of money to spend.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    Bad news if this happened. We need to be signing good players and keeping them for at least the length of their contracts. OK its a short contract but lets have him on the park for another season. Can't see Petrie selling nor CC agreeing.
    Contrary to popular opinion it will be the player and his agent who call the shots. RP and CC wont be able to do a helluva lot about it. Thats the reality unpallatable as it is.
    Last edited by Mikey; 16-05-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Quotes fixed

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Bah! One of the few bright spots in a truly miserable season and it looks like we might well struggle to hold on to him.

Ach well - I suppose if he commands a big enough fee it could turn out to be good business - as long as it's re-invested straight back into the team that is

If one or two snippets i've heard are to be believed i don't think there will be many in the Hibs dressing room, including CC, that will be too upset if Palsson does leave.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If one or two snippets i've heard are to be believed i don't think there will be many in the Hibs dressing room, including CC, that will be too upset if Palsson does leave.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I mentioned on the PM board the other month that he seems to think he's something he's not and that he's not the most popular of folk at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post

Contrary to popular opinion it will be the player and his agent who call the shots. RP and CC wont be able to do a helluva lot about it. Thats the reality unpallatable as it is.
    They can refuse to release him till his contract is up?
    Last edited by Mikey; 16-05-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Quotes fixed

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    If we got a hundred grand for him I'd say well done Petrie! Towell did a better job in that position on Saturday than Pallson has done since his first game.

Use any money we get towards signing a right back or a better holding midfielder. I'd be happy if Towell was signed up to play either role.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Victor Palsson. A legend in his own living room.

Petrie will be creaming himself at the thought of being able to sell someone though.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hardly big news that we may need to sell another player. We should handle it in the same as as other moves. If he is going to go, then sooner rather than later, and for the biggest amount of cash. Get the money ploughed back into the team. What if we got offered 500-750K and that gave us a new forward, centre-half and a decent bunce to secure Towell for another season or so. Would be a fair swap.

Testimonial Due
    I would be really surprised if this was true.

The reality is that surely these Championship clubs all got offered this player prior to him making the move to the SPL. I cant see how any of his performances would make them think he is a better player. They may have seen the can play in a competitive game, but as someone above said, Towell was better in this position on Sat, and Murray is a far better defensive midfielder.

I think if it was true and they threw in a few quid Hibs would probably quite gladly take it. Perhaps just the club planting stories to make us think we got hold of a great signing / soften the blow in terms of how he has lived up to it, or the lack of signings they may make over the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    While i believe there is a good young prospect in there, i don't think he's done much to impress scouts. If he stays i'd like to get him signed up on a longer deal as we'll loose him for nothing this time next year.
    Also, Leeds & Southampton have both been on the brink of bankruptcy recently so wont have lot's of money to spend.

I'm sorry but that's total nonsense!

The word is lose, not loose. You didn't use a capital letter in referring to yourself as I and the apostrophe should be in won't, not in lots.

Apart from that, i agree with every word wot you have wrote.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Yeah hopefully or maybe it'll be worse than that even. Maybe the worst player ever. Its bound to be crap though because its Hibs and everything's crap.

What'll probably happen is that Petrie will line his pockets like he did when we sold the crown jewels of the golden generation and CC or whoever is the manager we want rid of at that time will probably have to deal with trialists who pay Rod to play for Hibs. Coz like Rod, yeah? he's evil. He's only in it for himself and its all crap so we'll sell Palsson to you know, like, Histon or something for like some money and it'll be crap because it is just a massive disappointment supporting Hibs which is why I make so much effort to do it and post on here coz I live for disappointment, me, it's what I'm all about it's how I roll. It's really crap.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    We only signed him from Liverpool in January so why would it have to be a First Division reject to replace him as opposed to another Premiership youngster?

There are some proper drama queens on here recently.

Correct, one little blurb on a website and everyone wets their knickers...i am waiting for a Petrie GTF message !!!

TBH he's had 2 decent games and average as hell in the others, maybe that's why Liverpool weren't worried about losing him to Hibs, we got him for pennies so if we can a few decent quid for him then that'll go into CC coffers for whoever else he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Yeah hopefully or maybe it'll be worse than that even. Maybe the worst player ever. Its bound to be crap though because its Hibs and everything's crap.

What'll probably happen is that Petrie will line his pockets like he did when we sold the crown jewels of the golden generation and CC or whoever is the manager we want rid of at that time will probably have to deal with trialists who pay Rod to play for Hibs. Coz like Rod, yeah? he's evil. He's only in it for himself and its all crap so we'll sell Palsson to you know, like, Histon or something for like some money and it'll be crap because it is just a massive disappointment supporting Hibs which is why I make so much effort to do it and post on here coz I live for disappointment, me, it's what I'm all about it's how I roll. It's really crap.

Hopefully he has a good tournament in the summer and we get a big money offer.

Worth considering:

1) How much his performances so far in a Hibs jersey would be worth stretched over a season with a little room for improvement as he settles into SPL football.

2) The extreme likelihood that he wouldn't sign another deal at Hibs and would be free to leave for nothing next summer.

Balanced against:

3) How easy/difficult it would be to replace him.

Depends on the offer, but I'd be inclined to let him go for £400,000 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post