hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calderwood Clapping 3rd goal

Did anyone else see Calderwood clapping the Aberdeen 3rd goal? Whilst it was a great finish, should he not have been shouting at Stephens for his error, or the defence for letting in two goals within a minute....

I have never seen a manager in all my time clapping a goal for our oponents, and thought he was showing himself to hold the Cub in little esteem......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Still I don't suppose he had much to applaud from our perspective.

Left by mutual consent!
    I clapped it too, and I pissed myself laughing when Towell somehow managed to clear that open goal.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I never him clapping. I was too busy making my exit. I'm sure someone will try and defend it like folk did with applauding opposing players being subbed.

First Team Breakthrough
    It was a beauty. I could understand the mass exodus at this point. I couldn't understand the mini exodus after the second though. There were 15 mins left to play. Saying that with hindsight they were right to leave!

I can't understand the substitutions he made. We were playing alright first half. It's almost as if, since the split Calderwood has decided that the remaining games are pre-season, so he's decided to experiment. The problem is, he's doing it at our expense.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I clapped it too, and I pissed myself laughing when Towell somehow managed to clear that open goal.
    Great well done you.......

As he revealed in his after match interview he appears very relaxed about it all...

Crisis? What crisis?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    As he revealed in his after match interview he appears very relaxed about it all...

Crisis? What crisis?
    Probably because he's acutely aware of where we are in the process of him getting us to where we need to be and as such doesn't soil his breeks when we don't win a game that was more or less meaningless.
    I saw him applaud but it looked to me that he was giving a bit of encouragement to stephens after his mistake. I certainly wouldn't slaughter him for that.
    I'm waiting for a thread to start criticizing cc for the way he's knotted his tie, ffs.

I noticed that as well , thought it a bit bizzare, he had been yelling at the back 4 all afternoon, almost wondered if it was ironic applause at their inept defending, hopefully not

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post

Crisis? What crisis?
    I'm glad he is calm about it, God forbid if he was flouncing around in blind panic like some of the drama queen-esque postings we've had on here.

I remember his quote earlier this season which, to paraphrase, was along the lines of "and this management thing.......I'm good at it".

I believe, and hope, that next season we'll have a completely different team with a different level of application, effort and spirit.

He'll finally rid this club of the shirking, half-hearted attitude to training and games. I actually think, as per comment above, that as soon as we were mathematically safe that he has been experimenting and giving players enough rope to hang themselves. You could see prior to January's influx that he was doing the same, standing at the edge of the technical area assessing every one of the players. He obviously saw enough to remedy that in the January window and again, I believe he's spent the latter part of this season doing the same with the existing squad.

I for one look forward to what he'll do in the summer with the resources available to him.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Did anyone else see Calderwood clapping the Aberdeen 3rd goal? Whilst it was a great finish, should he not have been shouting at Stephens for his error, or the defence for letting in two goals within a minute....

I have never seen a manager in all my time clapping a goal for our oponents, and thought he was showing himself to hold the Cub in little esteem......
    I clapped Maguire's goal, but yes that would suggest a hint of sarcassim from CC, Aberdeen had the drive and mindset to go and get something from the game, and a maturity to come back from a goal behind, i think that clap spoke a thousand words.

Or maybe we are all looking into it a little to deeply ...............

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Spot on Towell's miss was like something out a carry on film, what was even funnier was how everyone around me wailed as if he had just committed some terribe act. People need to chill out a bit, its only football....... maybe if it was last minute to win the Scottish cup final but I think CC over the last few weeks has made it clear these games will be treated as friendlies. Though it does give him a convenient excuse to the under performers benefit. We'll see the fruits of this circa December
    Last edited by Mikeystewart; 15-05-2011 at 09:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

No, can't imagine that would have been too good for his confidence. Surely he would have been better just encouraging him(which I imagine he did), no? And the whole applauding after maguires goal, thats the kind of thing that if we were on a winning run nobody would have picked up on, I don't see anything wrong with applauding an opposition player for a good finish personally.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Probably because he's acutely aware of where we are in the process of him getting us to where we need to be and as such doesn't soil his breeks when we don't win a game that was more or less meaningless.
    I saw him applaud but it looked to me that he was giving a bit of encouragement to stephens after his mistake. I certainly wouldn't slaughter him for that.
    I'm waiting for a thread to start criticizing cc for the way he's knotted his tie, ffs.
    He uses a Half-Windsor so any criticism would be fully justified IMHO. I'm lead to believe that he wore white socks with black shoes as a teenager too.....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He uses a Half-Windsor so any criticism would be fully justified IMHO. I'm lead to believe that he wore white socks with black shoes as a teenager too.....
    I am shocked and appalled by this most recent revelation. He must go!, Petrie get CC's P45 printed off pronto, and a firm boot up the arse when he's on his way oot the door for good measure.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Apparently last year when he was on holiday he wore socks with sandals

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralbin View Post
    Apparently last year when he was on holiday he wore socks with sandals

Yestedays game had all the meaning of a pre season friendly. I think it was treated that way by the management team. I would have prefered the manager to show the fans (and the memory of Eddie Turnbull) a bit more respect by sending out a team fired up to win and win well.

It seemed to me that too many players had their minds on their holidays or their next move.

What Calderwood did at the third goal be it sarcastic or not is irrelevant for me it is what he does in future to prevent Hibs conceding piss poor goals like they did yesterday. The decision making by our defence at times is very concerning and if that is to be our backbone next season we will be doing well to keep ourselves safe from relegation.

So its ok to take 1 point out of 18, as games are meaningless?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So its ok to take 1 point out of 18, as games are meaningless?
    If the end justifies the means then yes, absolutely.

If the end justifies the means then yes, absolutely.

Eh?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Never seen so much ball chasing in a game. It was school playground stuff at times. Oh dear, how far have we fallen. Hardly a player on the park with any real first touch. What a sad performance for remembering a great man.

Here's my 2d worth ...
    Brown - okay but a couple of dodgy kick outs
    Ritchie - I thought he did okay for the most part
    Stephens - file 13
    Hanlon - not one of his better games & never a LB
    Taggart - Struggled however he would learn a lot from the experience
    Miller - asked to do too much in mid, IMO. Needs a heavyweight around a-la Mattie J.
    Stevenson - I thought he did okay, made a couple of slack passes late on
    Spoony - can't say I noticed him much in the game
    Sodje - came on to a better game
    Vaz Te - I though he was the best of the bunch. Booked for SFA.
    Deek - was Deek. Unlucky with the shot that hit the post.
    CC - please tell me what shape we were playing and, what was the game plan?
    Ref - another one from Chipperfields

As a previous poster said we are so SLOW - in thinking and in movement - all over the park. Predictable going forward and at sea in defence. Mountains to climb next season methinks.
    Last edited by snooky; 15-05-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Calderwood should be sacked..he's a joke of a manager! player clear out, management clear out = start again! if i was Rodders i would give the guy enough for a day saver tic on LRT, i would give him no more.....he's brutal!

Hail hail

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Eh?
    Don't think there was any need for that response, but if you need it explained I mean that if in the long run we benefit from the experiences of these games then yes, that points tally is totally acceptable at this stage of the season.

Eh?
    You don't think Calderwood learnt anything whilst he was experimenting? If the changes and playing folk out of position meant that we didn't waste hundreds of thousands of pounds on players who aren't up to the job, would that be worth it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You don't think Calderwood learnt anything whilst he was experimenting? If the changes and playing folk out of position meant that we didn't waste hundreds of thousands of pounds on players who aren't up to the job, would that be worth it?
    Last year we wasted a wage on trakys, calderwood could have done the same with vaz te but instead has been able to assess him properly.

Last year we wasted a wage on trakys, calderwood could have done the same with vaz te but instead has been able to assess him properly.

He has also been able to assess Divis.

Stephens has been given a run in the team.

I'm not trying to polish a turd. There is no getting away from the fact that the results are dire, but hopefully he and the players will have learned something

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Don't think there was any need for that response, but if you need it explained I mean that if in the long run we benefit from the experiences of these games then yes, that points tally is totally acceptable at this stage of the season.
    Since our decent run, when we effectively secured our SPL status, I have been wanting CC to use the remaining games in the most effective manner possible. IMO, he has done that. It's been a bit of a luxury knowing that, almost whatever happens, we'll still be in the same league next season. And he has used that luxury well, I reckon.

The proof of it all, of course, will come next season. But what was his alternative? Playing the same team every week? That way, he would have been criticised for "playing folk who won't be here next season" or "for not playing the youngsters", or of course "not taking the chance to experiment".

Oh, for the record, I applauded the 3rd goal too. And I laughed at Towell's miss.

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't expect to pay 22 quid to watch the equivalent of pre-season experimentation. That's what training during the week and actual pre-season is for. It stinks of a lack of respect for the paying punter.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    I don't expect to pay 22 quid to watch the equivalent of pre-season experimentation. That's what training during the week and actual pre-season is for. It stinks of a lack of respect for the paying punter.
    It's been clear to me for weeks now that that is what CC is doing. Therefore, if it's clear to a numpty like me, it would have been clear to everyone. So, against that backdrop, if that's not what you want to see, then you have the right not to go.