hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Miller - Staying?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...922925,00.html

Couldn't see this posted anywhere, looks like he has decided he wants to stay.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I hope so, he may not always play to the level he can but I'd rather have him around than not.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post

Thought he'd signed for hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I hope so, he may not always play to the level he can but I'd rather have him around than not.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I agree. Have been frustrated at times this season with Miller, but even allowing for a few frustrating games he is a good player and is one I'd rather have than be without.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Great player. Will be DELIGHTED if he signs a new deal! We need to build our midfield around Liam Miller!

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    Great player. Will be DELIGHTED if he signs a new deal! We need to build our midfield around Liam Miller!
    I would rather have kept Rankin.

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    He has been our weak link IMO, he's has had a lot more bad games than good. He's yet to put in a performance worth pass marks in a derby.

He's living on a reputation. He's probaly realised the standard club that he would end up at so that's made up his mind to stay!!

Hope no...he's pish

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    An impostor - great skill & ability but the heart of a mouse. One of the key reasons why Hearts midfield have walked all over us in derby games in last couple of seasons. If he's staying at Hibs it can only be because nobody else wants him or he's decided its easy money at the East Mains holiday camp. Get rid.

I retain the eternal hope that a centre midfield core of Miller, Thornhill and Palsson WILL be a good one.

Miller's performance on Saturday unfortunately sealed my view that we'd be better off if he moved on.

Undoubtedly has the ability and the experience but time and time again he fails to step up to the mark in the way that a senior player of his skill and status should.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    I retain the eternal hope that a centre midfield core of Miller, Thornhill and Palsson WILL be a good one.
    I retain the eternal hope that Hibs will win the Scottish Cup or that Nigela Lawson will pop round one night & end up too tired out to cook my breakfast but neither of them scenarios is gonna happen any time soon either

Quote Originally Posted by aberhibsfc View Post

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I retain the eternal hope that Hibs will win the Scottish Cup or that Nigela Lawson will pop round one night & end up too tired out to cook my breakfast but neither of them scenarios is gonna happen any time soon either
    Nigela's never too tired to cook.

I think you've more chance with the cook.

Testimonial Due
    I would be delighted if Miller signed up. I think he has more ability than any hibs midfielder I can remember for quite some time.

As for the above, I would have to disagree, Thornhill still has a lot to prove, reminds me of Brebner as for Palsson, no thanks.

An impostor - great skill & ability but the heart of a mouse. One of the key reasons why Hearts midfield have walked all over us in derby games in last couple of seasons. If he's staying at Hibs it can only be because nobody else wants him or he's decided its easy money at the East Mains holiday camp. Get rid.
    TOTALLY AGREE he is afraid of his on shadow has he ever won a tackle in his time at E.R. please dont give me other players should protect him working in midfield he has to be able to tackle.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Nigela's never too tired to cook.
    She would be if she popped into my house, I can guarantee she wouldn't get much sleep...

My wife says I can snore for Scotland.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Remember Miller was almost too aggressive when he first arrived? Walking red card in every game?

Liam Miller isn't a wimp. He might be overly timid, but everyone from the school of stand up tackling rather than thundering in everywhere gets grief. See Boozy. It looks soft, but he's more inclined to nick a ball away than make sure he nails a player. He could nutmeg a whole midfield, then Ian Murray could go through someone and nearly get sent off and we'd still sing the latter's name than the former.

Remember Miller was almost too aggressive when he first arrived? Walking red card in every game?

Liam Miller isn't a wimp. He might be overly timid, but everyone from the school of stand up tackling rather than thundering in everywhere gets grief. See Boozy. It looks soft, but he's more inclined to nick a ball away than make sure he nails a player. He could nutmeg a whole midfield, then Ian Murray could go through someone and nearly get sent off and we'd still sing the latter's name than the former.
    I know what you mean but Zemamma never got the same critcism. Sorry I think Miller is a pansy

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    I know what you mean but Zemamma never got the same critcism. Sorry I think Miller is a pansy
    On occasion's I can totally see why. There's been a few occasions this season when he has been really physical. One game he came on as sub in the last 10 minutes in February, he was probably the main guy in closing out the game for us. There's a tackle on the Hamilton highlights that he wins really strongly as well.

But, as you say, there's very obvious times he leaves himself open to abuse, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Miller's performance on Saturday unfortunately sealed my view that we'd be better off if he moved on.

Undoubtedly has the ability and the experience but time and time again he fails to step up to the mark in the way that a senior player of his skill and status should.
    Agree with both posts, the amount of challenges he has shirked out of during his Hibs tenure is incredible. Great skill but seen very little of it this season..... Not someone I would want in the trenches, get shot of

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Excellent point.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Decent Footballer, no question, but usually in a dominant team, which isn't us at this time.

Probably the biggest crapper in a tackle I have seen at ER in 40 plus years.

Boozy was light years ahead of Miller as a "stand up" tackler and also a very good one.

Miller usually doesnt pull out of tackles or try and nick the ball away IMO.

He is just smart enough to never gets near enough to the ball to ever have to put a tackle in.

After months of defending him to my pals because of his ability, his last few home performances have truly sickened me.

Go and go now, he encapsulates IMO everything that has been wrong at ER for years, on a decent wedge but doesnt give a damn and seldom tries a leg.

If we want Miller punted, the same Miller who was a stand-out in a good Hibs side rather than someone you'd want in the bottom six battle, is that not a bit negative? Does it not buy into the thought that Calderwood's sides have a tendancy towards boring hoofball rather that capable of being entertaining?

@hibs.net private member
    I would like to see Miller stay but he needs to get some consistency.

Best footballing brain at club and in a time where we have very little creativity I would rather we kept him.

Saw on another thread the mention of 3 ross county players coming to us.... Might have the endeavor but we are in danger of going down the Jim Duffy route ... buy a rake of 1st division players and we'll end up there. Don't get me wrong there are some good players there but as far as I see it......none of them have the ability Liam has.

If CC can boot LM's arse and get him the right players around him i believe he can be a big player.

I sometimes think he gets frustrated with his team mates as they don't read the openings as fast as him, so his passes go astray due to the lack of ability around him or he ends up holding on awaiting someone making the right move and ends up being caught in possession.

Very similar to when Stevie Archibald graced our stadium. The only one on the same wavelegnth and with the same speed of thought as him was Johnny Collins.

CC get a clever mob around him and we may yet get the best out of Liam

If we want Miller punted, the same Miller who was a stand-out in a good Hibs side rather than someone you'd want in the bottom six battle, is that not a bit negative? Does it not buy into the thought that Calderwood's sides have a tendancy towards boring hoofball rather that capable of being entertaining?
    I am a bit confused here as well. Plenty of fans suggesting that the standard of football we have been watching doesn't justify the entrance money and we want to get shot of one of the few decent skillful footballers in the team.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I am a bit confused here as well. Plenty of fans suggesting that the standard of football we have been watching doesn't justify the entrance money and we want to get shot of one of the few decent skillful footballers in the team.
    He may have skill in abundance but we rarely see it from him, and I detest players who shirk tackles.....