hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hibs v A'deen Crowd (Ned Tribute)

I don't know about this one. Would love it to sell out for Ned, and any other time I think the home stands would have been full.

This season though, has been such a militant snorefest, I feel that too many of our fans have followed the players example and switched off for the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Would love to be wrong but even given the occasion I reckon that we'll do well to break 10,000.

@hibs.net private member
    Ever the brazen optimist, I think the fans will make an effort for this one - I expect a respectable crowd of 12,000 plus - would have been a bumper crowd had not both sides been in such dismal form

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I would think that the Dons will have a sizeable support and the home crowd will be bigger than normally expected simply because of the ET factor.

I'll go for 12,632.

15,000 - 16,000.

@hibs.net private member
    According to e-ticketing there are only 2,860 remaining. The whole away section is shown as sold out, so im guessing the full stand is going to the Dons.

Either way there are 2,860 for us Hibbys to snap up and belt out tribute songs to Ned!

For all of those constantly moaning about ticket prices, £5 child, £10 Adult - no excuses!

I'm sure the away also shows as sold out since it is not for Hibs supporters.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    If there are only 3,000 odd tickets left then that means in the region of 17,500 have been sold already and we still have 5 days till the game. Would love it if that was the case, but surely those figures are wrong. Cmon guys, get down to show how much Turnbull ment to our club. No excuses with it bring 10 and 5 pound. Poor form doesnt matter, he DESERVES the best send off possible.

First Team Breakthrough stanton_4's Avatar
    Gutted I'm going to miss this but I'll be in The Dam for my stag weekend.
    I'll be raising more than one glass to Ned.

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there are only 3,000 odd tickets left then that means in the region of 17,500 have been sold already and we still have 5 days till the game. Would love it if that was the case, but surely those figures are wrong. Cmon guys, get down to show how much Turnbull ment to our club. No excuses with it bring 10 and 5 pound. Poor form doesnt matter, he DESERVES the best send off possible.
    Aberdeen have been allocated the entire South Stand which will have cash gates on the day as well as them being able to buy tickets in advance. I don't for one minute expect, even with the reduced prices of £10 and £5, that they will even get anywhere near filling half of it. If they do then that would be a magnificent effort on their part considering it is a pretty much a meaningless fixture in terms of league placings.

There's about 2,900 seats still available in the other three stands however IIRC there are somewhere in the region of 1,500 corporate/missing seats in the West and FF stands that are not available for sale online. Maybe even a bit more than that.

I suppose what I am really saying is it's anyone's guess how many will turn up. I would be surprised if it's below 15,000 and will keep my fingers crossed that the figure will be a lot higher than that. Also depends on how many season ticket holders don't turn up although I would hope that they may pass their ticket onto someone if they are not using it themselves.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 09-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    record attendance for the season coming up

Could well see a record attendance IMHO but that will depend on how many sheepy fans travel south.

They have been given the whole away end and can either buy tickets from their ticket office or pay at the gate on the day.

I think the attendance will be just short of 18,000

Would love a big crowd, however I'm not sure we will even realistically break the 10K barrier.

yes Eddie Turnbull was a legend for the club, but I can't see that adding 5-10k people onto the gate compared against the last 3 home games.

Aberdeen fans will bring around 1000 i reckon. Both teams support has hugely dropped in the latter parts of the season.

Ideally his name alone would be enough to prompt a sold out Hibs section. Even with £10 tickets, that's clearly not going to be the case now. The prices are spot on from Hibs, but they really need to make it a proper event especially as recent entertainment has been so rotten. Has there been anything actually publicised yet? If they announced guest appearances etc tomorrow, they might just have a chance of breaking 15-16k with a couple of thousand of Aberdeen fans.

Sad to say, the state of both clubs means the actual footballing side of promoting Saturday's game couldn't have been any more of a failure.

Despite tickets sales going well (if that is the case) there were 3-4,000 Season Ticket holders that didn't turn up for the last two home matches. Don't be surprised if the crowd is poor. It would be a shame if it is though, considering who this game is a tribute to.

What would be really nice would be if the players showed some respect by making the fare on offer fit for the occasion. Neither teams have anything to lose so why not go out there and show us what you can do.

Aberdeen will pretty much fill their end, they know how to show respect to a great man in their history.

If we don't fill all our seats as a tribute to a legend such as Turnbull that gave a huge chunk of his life in the service of Hibs then quite frankly it's pathetic and will be yet another embarrassment along the lines of all our empty seats at Hampden against them.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Despite tickets sales going well (if that is the case) there were 3-4,000 Season Ticket holders that didn't turn up for the last two home matches. Don't be surprised if the crowd is poor. It would be a shame if it is though, considering who this game is a tribute to.

What would be really nice would be if the players showed some respect by making the fare on offer fit for the occasion. Neither teams have anything to lose so why not go out there and show us what you can do.
    I would expect that a large percentage of them would attend Easter Road to at least pay their respects to Eddie Turnbull. They may even be tempted to grab a seat and take in the football that's on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Ideally his name alone would be enough to prompt a sold out Hibs section. Even with £10 tickets, that's clearly not going to be the case now. The prices are spot on from Hibs, but they really need to make it a proper event especially as recent entertainment has been so rotten. Has there been anything actually publicised yet? If they announced guest appearances etc tomorrow, they might just have a chance of breaking 15-16k with a couple of thousand of Aberdeen fans.

Sad to say, the state of both clubs means the actual footballing side of promoting Saturday's game couldn't have been any more of a failure.
    I'd imagine Richey, there'll be a few faces from the Tornadoes days and Eddie's football playing days making an appearance at HT or before.

Think we may be a wee bit pessimistic in regards to the attendance and be quite close to filling the stadium on the day.
    0-7

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    End of season affair that would usually be drab and worthless to many now has a significant purpose, showing thanks to a great Hibernian man!

With the gate prices dropped there is no excuses. He gave his fooballing life to our beloved club and everyone and his dug should be at this game if possible.

Lets give Ned an easter road send off that he rightly deserves and one his family will remember forever.

Glory Glory

Coming up for only my second ever game - got a ticket for somewhere in middle of East Stand ! Can't wait - like a bloody big daft kid waiting for Christmas - only 5 more sleeps !

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a trophy to play for in his memory. Probably not enough time to organise something fitting though.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

First Team Breakthrough AndersonGGTTH's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: K-ANDERSON1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Codheed View Post
    Coming up for only my second ever game - got a ticket for somewhere in middle of East Stand ! Can't wait - like a bloody big daft kid waiting for Christmas - only 5 more sleeps !

There is optimism out there i see

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie Reed View Post
    I'd imagine Richey, there'll be a few faces from the Tornadoes days and Eddie's football playing days making an appearance at HT or before.
    Think we may be a wee bit pessimistic in regards to the attendance and be quite close to filling the stadium on the day.
    I'd think that too, but they'd do themselves a lot of favours if they gave some sort of itinerary by the middle of the week. Without that, people might just think they're missing a minutes applause and a rotten game of football. If Stanton, Edwards, Reilly, Brownlie etc are known to be taking part in proceedings though - bums on seats.

Anyone remember the reception Turnbull for the Gordon Smith tribute game at Tynecastle? Magic

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Hoping to break the 18k barrier for the first time since the new East was built

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Here's a thought

Could Ivan play as a trialst?

... Thought not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    Aberdeen will pretty much fill their end, they know how to show respect to a great man in their history.

If we don't fill all our seats as a tribute to a legend such as Turnbull that gave a huge chunk of his life in the service of Hibs then quite frankly it's pathetic and will be yet another embarrassment along the lines of all our empty seats at Hampden against them.
    I'd be very surprised if the Aberdeen end is more than half full. Even that would be a fair turn out from them considering their attendances lately and the fact that it's the last game of the season, and the distance involved.

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    good day for a few shandies and see ET off in style... football comes 2nd on Saturday...

Can't make it because i'm working, gutted i can't be there.

Know a fair few guys going though who haven't been to ER since the Mowbray/Collins days. I reckon there will be a crowd that will surprise a few folk.

Sticking my neck out and saying 17K plus.

I'm going to be there .

Home on Wednesday from the big US of A for the summer. Excited for my first Hibs game since the derby at Christmas .

Getting up every weekend to watch to us this season has been painful though!

What time does the FA cup final kick off?