hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Current Season Ticket Holders - Why have you not renewed?

As an long established season ticket holder ((25 (minimum) years+)), I have yet to find a reason why to renew for the forthcoming season....

I will list my reasons below why, you can also add to these:-

1. Poor performances throughout the season.
    2. Lack of inspiration from the current manager.
    3. Manager playing players who will not be here next season.
    4. No positive statement of intent/investment coming from directors.
    5. Entertainment value is well below the prices asked for.
    6. Reflecting on this season, why should I (along with x amount others) pay for a season ticket expecting a top 6 finish paying top 6 prices and get a bottom 6 finish, no value for money games (thanks to the SPL), no compensation from Hibs...... p!shy poor in my eyes.
    7. We are expected to pay vast amounts of hard earned money upfront for a season ticket, without any guarantee of any quality...EH?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    9 pager

i've renewed, that's all

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blairwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 pager

i've renewed, that's all
    I've renewed too. I feel such a fool now after reading the OP.

I hate Hibs. And fitba. I really don't know why I had a season ticket in the first place.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ants View Post
    As an long established season ticket holder ((25 (minimum) years+)), I have yet to find a reason why to renew for the forthcoming season....

6. Reflecting on this season, why should I (along with x amount others) pay for a season ticket expecting a top 6 finish paying top 6 prices and get a bottom 6 finish, no value for money games (thanks to the SPL), no compensation from Hibs...... p!shy poor in my eyes.
    7. We are expected to pay vast amounts of hard earned money upfront for a season ticket, without any guarantee of any quality...EH?
    Because you are a hibs fan?

Left by mutual consent!
    I renewed.

1) Hibs FC is my club for better or worse. If me and others like me don't pitch in the dosh then there is no HIbernian Football Club for the generations yet to come.

@hibs.net private member
    We have renewed as well and have to admit there have been a few times since that I have thought of how much I could have done with that money but when it comes down to it its what we do on a saturday and have done for years. AND you just never know................

What I will say though is if Hibs dont look at giving the ST holders some benefit throughout the year it may come back and bite them on the bum. This season they took our money and forgot all about us - offering reduced prices and free tickets to non ST's a few times.
    Last edited by Jay; 08-05-2011 at 08:07 PM.

I've renewed, I am hopeful for better next season but in order to get that the club need money from ticket sales.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I renewed. I get all the stuff about entertainment being crap and there being no value for money and that but...

I never, ever became a Hibs fan because we were an entertaining or particularly good side. My formative Hibs years were watching Miller's team.

If it was just about entertainment and value for money, I'd have given up on going to football a long, long time ago.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I've renewed too, didn't cross my mind not to do so.

My son and I have both renewed because I hate shopping more than watching Hibs and that is what I would have to do if I didn't go to go to the games.

I've renewed. Can't really expect the club to spend money they don't have so buying a season ticket helps give them that.

Comes down to ££££ for me. Stumping up £415 () won't do anyone any favours in the long run. Our season ticket prices appear to increase over inflation most seasons. £415 for an SPL season ticket is nothing short of a farce. Our cheapest season ticket is twice the price of cheapest Bundesliga and Serie A season ticket. Its on par with alot of the mid-lower EPL teams and only slightly cheaper than some of your upper-middle EPL clubs.

Now I know they have multi billion pound TV deals at their disposal blah blah blah but forget all that, what I have mentioned above is FACT, and its a ridiculous fact that we are paying the same to watch Hibs v St Mirren as it would to see Leverkusen v Bremen or Milan v Lazio! There are plenty other small countries with pish leagues on the continent and I gurantee not one of them can claim that they pay the same as Inter Milan fans!

I've also fell out of love with the Scottish game. The pantomine that its been this season has been nothing short of an embarrassment, 10 team leagues, death threats, refs striking, break aways etc.

I also have zero faith in our board.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Comes down to ££££ for me. Stumping up £415 () won't do anyone any favours in the long run. Our season ticket prices appear to increase over inflation most seasons. £415 for an SPL season ticket is nothing short of a farce. Our cheapest season ticket is twice the price of cheapest Bundesliga and Serie A season ticket. Its on par with alot of the mid-lower EPL teams and only slightly cheaper than some of your upper-middle EPL clubs.

Now I know they have multi billion pound TV deals at their disposal blah blah blah but forget all that, what I have mentioned above is FACT, and its a ridiculous fact that we are paying the same to watch Hibs v St Mirren as it would to see Leverkusen v Bremen or Milan v Lazio! There are plenty other small countries with pish leagues on the continent and I gurantee not one of them can claim that they pay the same as Inter Milan fans!

I've also fell out of love with the Scottish game. The pantomine that its been this season has been nothing short of an embarrassment, 10 team leagues, death threats, refs striking, break aways etc.

I also have zero faith in our board.

Still, at least you don't go on about it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I've renewed. Can't really expect the club to spend money they don't have so buying a season ticket helps give them that.
    True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone. Our a business to have a manageable debt to go for growth, like 99% of businesses the world over.

For the money our loveable wonderful (useless) board take out of us every season, despite performances and league finishes, you could get a very good standard of player for that.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Still, at least you don't go on about it.
    I'm a consistnt moany bassa, you can give me that

Should've stated that despite my rant i've missed about 2 games this season (home & away) and by paying at the gate, will probably have paid more in the long run. But by not getting a season ticket, after having on for 15+ years, its my own little protest.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone. Our a business to have a manageable debt to go for growth, like 99% of businesses the world over.

For the money our loveable wonderful (useless) board take out of us every season, despite performances and league finishes, you could get a very good standard of player for that.
    You could always **** off to germany and give everyone peace?

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    I've renewed......Its all about supporting my home team town that I love!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You could always **** off to germany and give everyone peace?
    Good input

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Aye very good, you forgot one thing though................it's not the first time in the last 25 years your points have applied and yet by your own admission you've always renewed before!! So none of your points are valid, get over it and renew like you always do.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Away with this bollox. You could say the same about most of the 40 seasons I've been watching them. Get on with it.

Because I would rather go on holiday this summer. £410 is a ridiculous price for what is seen on the pitch.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I've renewed too, didn't cross my mind not to do so.

What Hibee_girl said. Endof!

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool current season ticket holders- why have you not renewed

i have done and always will do
    lets face it we cannot be any worse next season than we have this

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

I never, ever became a Hibs fan because we were an entertaining or particularly good side. My formative Hibs years were watching Miller's team.
    My formative years were the tail end of Turnbull's era, then Willie Ormond and Bertie Auld's teams.

Compared to that, this lot are Barcelona!
    Last edited by Keith_M; 08-05-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Probaly needing to work a few extra sats, 1.30 2 ish finish, probaly mean i would defo miss old firm home games and maybe Hearts, live in Falkirk and its a bit of a push to make the 3 pm k.o when am working, take into consideration the drivel we have to watch and the hassle doesn't seem worth it, i will go when am off on a sat and its a meaningful game but i will be reverting back to a pay at the gate fan along with 2 others.

not renewing next season.
    ER will never sell out so will allways get a ticket.
    Might even get a free game like others did earlier this season.
    Might even get a reduced price game like others did earlier this season.
    no happy with earlier KO times.
    Hacked of with them shrinking the league instead of enlarging it.

Have renewed but after the last 4 games, now totally regretting it.

Now Wishing I put my £450 towards a golf club membership so I can do something I enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.

I used to really enjoy going for beers before the game, heading to the match then heading out after but recently I have had no enthusiasm for it at all.

True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone.
    Accounting is about debits and credits. You only ever want to see the credits.

Except the multi million pound sponsorship and TV deals that Germany gets that you always want to leave out of the equation.

I've renewed because going to the football on a Saturday is what I've been doing since I was 5 years old and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I stopped going.

The football on offer is usually garbage and there's zero entertainment to be had but it's part of my routine and probably always will be.