hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forget Calderwood

the guy is no manager. Lets get a proper person in. CC has now proved he's no use now. Unless you enjoy being a laughing stock???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the guy is no manager. Lets get a proper person in. CC has now proved he's no use now. Unless you enjoy being a laughing stock???
    I think he's proved he's no better than we had but I think we need to stick with him and let him do what he needs to do now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Better idea would be to actually let him do the rebuilding job he was brought in to do, and let him build his own team.

We've had far too many managerial changes over the last 5 years. We need stability and to have some consistency at the club. We don't need to be panicking and changing managers every few months when it's not going our way.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    I have grave doubts about CC, but he needs at least another transfer window to pull things round.

Sir Alex couldn't make a team out of the lazy, unprofessional, useless , non triers that make up the majority of the current squad ( and yes i accept that CC has signed some of them - hence my grave doubts).

Too many of the current squad are a disgrace to the jersey.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post

what he said

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Aye let's dump the guy before he's had a chance.

We wanted him to keep us up and he delivered.

I believe he'll do well if given time and support.

Why do we always have to be emptying managers.

As Matty says, stability is required.

Starting to think the same

Watching the game there we were outclassed in the middle.. hamilton dragged our players out of position with there passing ..Who is our playmaker coz Miller was terrible we have no leader in defence ...Palsson and miller no communication .. Vaz Te is only one willing to take people on and have a pop at goal ..Really dire no shape to our play .

Billy Reid is positive and can motivate and bring out best in young players Perhaps we shouldve went down that route

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Starting to think the same

Watching the game there we were outclassed in the middle.. hamilton dragged our players out of position with there passing ..Who is our playmaker coz Miller was terrible we have no leader in defence ...Palsson and miller no communication .. Vaz Te is only one willing to take people on and have a pop at goal ..Really dire no shape to our play .

Billy Reid is positive and can motivate and bring out best in young players Perhaps we shouldve went down that route
    This is the same Billy Reid that's won once in a year at home, and is about to get relegated?

Next we'll be hearing about how we should have gone for Craig Brown.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    This is the same Billy Reid that's won once in a year at home, and is about to get relegated?

Next we'll be hearing about how we should have gone for Craig Brown.
    When Yogi was righty sacked I would have gone for Pa' Broon but after an initial surge, the sheep have been mince. Quality of players is the key. The Dons and ourselves have not got quality players. I don't believe there is 1 player in their squad who would improve us.

CC brought in players who have kept us up and I'd thank him for that. He'll be judged on players he brings in over the summer and our performances thereafter.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    You're being naive Matt.
    The testimonials from a massive percentage of his previous club's must carry some credence ..Never mind what you yourself can see with your own eyes.He's not the man.
    Smashing post - and not just for the apostrophe either - that just adds a certain something special.

From what you say CC has been outvoted as surely as AV and Scottish Labour - shame really, since we've been looking like a proper football team since he came.

We like the majority of SPL clubs not only operate in the bargain basement for players but in the bargain basement for managers. Thats no disrespect to CC or his predecessors , its just the facts. Sometimes we get lucky with bargain basement players signings and sometimes we get lucky with bargain basement managerial appointments. Some of the suggestions on here for who'd come in after Yogi were laughable , punters coming on with lists of ex EPL and Championship managers , when these guys wouldnt get out of bed for an SPL managers salary or transfer budget.

Any replacement for CC would likely either be an unproven at SPL level lower league manager , a coach stepping up to try his hand at management or someone off the SPL managerial merry go round.All of them a gamble. For that reason and also because I think every manager deserves at least a full season in the post I would keep CC for next season. Its not a vote of confidence more a stay of execution.

Thought that Yogi should have been given more time but now we have CC we have to back him - for a number of reasons we can`t afford to keep changing manager ( not least compensation we keek having to pay ) . Not in favour of changing managers during the season and sure board have no thoughts of doing so now so we have to back CC next season . Squad is very weak and we are struggling against all SPL teams because we are not better than them as simple as that . Haven`t seen anything from new signings to suggest they`ll help us to be much better next season but don`t mean that as a criticism of CC ( like his predecessors he`s very limited - in Scotland we`re limited to signing players like Scott who would have struggled to make our reserve team only 3 or 4 years ago and English clubs pay even mediocre players so much it`s hard for us to sign well there ) . A more flamboyant manager ( whether better or not ) would probably make more press headlines and increase interest in club which would mean more season ticket sales but Petrie has obviously decided to start from scratch and support CC with a mediocre squad and hopefully build up .

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    so far calderwood has made great signings like thornhill, palsson, scott and towell who are all fairly young and have time to improve more.He has seen the potential in booth and given him a long run of games which has even brought interest from over seas. Not to mention getting rid of the wage thieves of rankin, hogg, thicot, nish ect.

i think during the summer he'll be able to completely rebuild the team and if his quality of signings keep up then we should have a good team on the park next season and seasons to come

You're being naive Matt.
    The testimonials from a massive percentage of his previous club's must carry some credence ..Never mind what you yourself can see with your own eyes.He's not the man.
    Unfortunately I think you're right. I have real doubts about CC and think we will be in real trouble again next season if he is still in charge.

Left by mutual consent!
    You're being naive Matt.
    Top Trolling.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    HAHA Its started already, and to think he has never pored any kind of alcoholic drink over anyone as far as i know?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    HAHA Its started already, and to think he has never pored any kind of alcoholic drink over anyone as far as i know?
    But he poured some oil on his Rocket the other night.

The guy knows what he has to do guys..................GIVE HIM A CHANCE FFS!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Petrie has decided that CC is the man to take us forward. I think that this is fairly clear. What else is patently obvious, is that it won't be with dross we have had to watch this season. There is no credibility in a situation where you bring in a good workman, but don't give him the tools. The close season will see him getting the toolbox he wants, and then no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    But he poured some oil on his Rocket the other night.

The guy knows what he has to do guys..................GIVE HIM A CHANCE FFS!
    Yip he needs to be given a chance, and yes he knows what he has to do, we all can see that ronny. Is he up to the task though, maybe he should be sacked, we hung on to the last one too long, he should have gone before he took us from 3rd to 10th.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yip he needs to be given a chance, and yes he knows what he has to do, we all can see that ronny. Is he up to the task though, maybe he should be sacked, we hung on to the last one too long, he should have gone before he took us from 3rd to 10th.
    So he's got 6 months in your eyes then G.

I said the team that Yogi put out in Mariboobs was wrong

here we go again, i dont know if cc is the answer, but we have to give him a chance, at least another season, going from manager to manager will be a detriment to the club, we will just stumble each season as a club with managers coming and going , as we have done in recent seasons, yes we want/should have been better this term , but the manager has to be given a chance longterm.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    We really are a right hysterical bunch at times.

Lose a few games at a stage of the season where we have nothing to play for (but managed to fairly convincingly avoid the very real threat of relegation, not that that seems to matter) ...and...what shall we do?

Yes, let`s sack yet another manager.

It seems to be the answer every time the boat rocks slightly at Hibs, doesn`t it? So, who would we bring in to replace CC, (at least until he loses a few games and has to go?)

Sometimes, I think we as a group of fans get exactly what we deserve.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    So he's got 6 months in your eyes then G.

I said the team that Yogi put out in Mariboobs was wrong
    Just playing devils advocate pal. There were some wanting the previous man out after the same time, and the record then was a wee bit better than we see at the moment.

How long should a new man get these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    When Yogi was righty sacked I would have gone for Pa' Broon but after an initial surge, the sheep have been mince. Quality of players is the key. The Dons and ourselves have not got quality players. I don't believe there is 1 player in their squad who would improve us.

CC brought in players who have kept us up and I'd thank him for that. He'll be judged on players he brings in over the summer and our performances thereafter.

for me this is the big thing.the board really need to back him and virtually transform the complete team cause we are terrible.being a hibby for the last few years has been dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think he's proved he's no better than we had but I think we need to stick with him and let him do what he needs to do now.
    What, you saying your pal got it wrong yet again!

Left by mutual consent!
    Just playing devils advocate pal. There were some wanting the previous man out after the same time, and the record then was a wee bit better than we see at the moment.

I think it is more of a case of how little time does a new man get these days

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    What, you saying your pal got it wrong yet again!
    If Petrie has got this appointment wrong, then we have to ask if he's the right man to appoint managers?

Every manager gets backed, we spend more than most, they just happen to spend it on dross.

Quote Originally Posted by moredun View Post
    I think it is more of a case of how little time does a new man get these days
    Should yogi have got longer?

Left by mutual consent!

Until he gets it right and skelps that wee fud Locke into next year