hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll

Cheap season tickets.

Hartlepool have issued there season ticket prices for next year and every adult season ticket will only be £100 if they manage to sell 4000.

I think it's a great incentive to get more fans into the ground, do you think hibs should maybe try something like this next season? In my opinion it's the way forward.

Heres the link http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/pa...353513,00.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

Are you trying to give Rod a stroke.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    So it sounds a bit like that tv selling channel where the more people that buy the average prices goes down and everyone's a winner?

Matty - where did your sums go?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it sounds a bit like that tv selling channel where the more people that buy the average prices goes down and everyone's a winner?

Matty - where did your sums go?
    The formatting didn't carry over from excel, so the table went all wonky. Couldn't be bothered typing it all out again

In short, though, we could drop the prices in a staggered amount for every thousand tickets sold above 8k tickets and still increase the revenue by a significant amount on each landmark thousand.

Think I worked it out on a very basic, back of fag packet (not literally) calculation that if we shifted 13k tickets and by hitting that volume discounted them all to £350 which is about £100 off IIRC, we'd make £4.42m from them, against 8 thousand at £450 which would bring £3.6m.

Not sure how many season tickets we usually sell, but I'd guess at under 10k for this season, and probably less again for the coming season.
    Last edited by matty_f; 07-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

What about, if we don't reach the top four we get a 25% refund against the season ticket for 2012/13?

Also, maybe some of our "stars" should give some of their wages back to help fund this.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    Hartlepool have issued there season ticket prices for next year and every adult season ticket will only be £100 if they manage to sell 4000.

I think it's a great incentive to get more fans into the ground, do you think hibs should maybe try something like this next season? In my opinion it's the way forward.

Heres the link http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/pa...353513,00.html
    Maybe not as low as 100 pounds a season but I think that greatly reduced season ticket prices will be only alternative in a year or so . At present high prices are justified by clubs because a lot of fans out of obligation / faith will still pay it and problem of low TV revenue puts pressure on clubs . In our case we have a lot of empty seats even at big games and big campaign in next couple of years ( irrespective of onfield results ) to fill them would make sense for numerous reasons .

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Think there needs to be a much bigger incentive to buy a ST than there is at present. At first glance of course it looks good value compared to walk up prices, but once various price incentives are introduced throughout the season, green days etc and you also miss a game or two due to holidays the saving has gone. I have renewed and probably always will however I can see why a lot won't consider a ST any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Think there needs to be a much bigger incentive to buy a ST than there is at present. At first glance of course it looks good value compared to walk up prices, but once various price incentives are introduced throughout the season, green days etc and you also miss a game or two due to holidays the saving has gone. I have renewed and probably always will however I can see why a lot won't consider a ST any more.
    TBH, it's not really too different over a season. If you manage to get to every single home game, then fine you've saved money. How many ST holders actually make it to every game though, especially as we can't even count on knowing when the game's going to be played?

If, for example this season, you missed two Cat B games, the total you would have paid at the gate is £389 *. That works out cheaper than if you'd bought a season Ticket. I for one have easily missed that many and I'd be willing to bet most others have as well.

* My 'bag of a fag packet calculations' are based on

5 Cat A games = £135
    11 Cat B games = £242
    Aberdeen Game = £10

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

5 Cat A games = £135
    11 Cat B games = £242
    Aberdeen Game = £10
    You could also throw in the free ticket for the ICT game that would reduce it further.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    The formatting didn't carry over from excel, so the table went all wonky. Couldn't be bothered typing it all out again

In short, though, we could drop the prices in a staggered amount for every thousand tickets sold above 8k tickets and still increase the revenue by a significant amount on each landmark thousand.

Think I worked it out on a very basic, back of fag packet (not literally) calculation that if we shifted 13k tickets and by hitting that volume discounted them all to £350 which is about £100 off IIRC, we'd make £4.42m from them, against 8 thousand at £450 which would bring £3.6m.

Not sure how many season tickets we usually sell, but I'd guess at under 10k for this season, and probably less again for the coming season.
    I will guess at under 7k for this season

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    TBH, it's not really too different over a season. If you manage to get to every single home game, then fine you've saved money. How many ST holders actually make it to every game though, especially as we can't even count on knowing when the game's going to be played?

If, for example this season, you missed two Cat B games, the total you would have paid at the gate is £389 *. That works out cheaper than if you'd bought a season Ticket. I for one have easily missed that many and I'd be willing to bet most others have as well.

5 Cat A games = £135
    11 Cat B games = £242
    Aberdeen Game = £10
    But you're not taking into account that Rod might hoof up the walk up prices.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    I will guess at under 7k for this season
    That is still under 10k.

First Team Breakthrough Hibeesb0unc3's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DILL0N TAYL0R
    So what about the people who pay the full price for the ST before the estimated 8k mark do they get a refund or are they given extra incentives such as free away tickets or something or are they out of pocket whilst other people are getting themselves a St for £100 cheaper?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesb0unc3 View Post
    So what about the people who pay the full price for the ST before the estimated 8k mark do they get a refund or are they given extra incentives such as free away tickets or something or are they out of pocket whilst other people are getting themselves a St for £100 cheaper?
    In my calculations, they get a refund.

I think Hibs should lead the way and hand out free season tickets. It's the way forward.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think Hibs should lead the way and hand out free season tickets. It's the way forward.
    Some would argue that it's still over-priced for what has been getting served up over the last 18 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    But you're not taking into account that Rod might hoof up the walk up prices.

Shoosh, you'll just give him ideas

Don't forget to chuck in the booking fees for each match ticket. And is it possible to put a price on 'hassle'?

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    And is it possible to put a price on 'hassle'?
    Only in certain dockside bars.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Only in certain dockside bars.
    Says the voice of experience!