hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Imagine how strong Hibs could be next season if.........

.......the manager had the income from 12,000 season tickets to play with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly, there are too many on here that want to wait to see who is in the team before renewing (probably the same folk crying out for investment in the team - oh the irony). A false economy if ever there was one

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    exactly! Some of the folk on here are unbelievable sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Sadly, there are too many on here that want to wait to see who is in the team before renewing (probably the same folk crying out for investment in the team - oh the irony). A false economy if ever there was one
    So are you saying folk should renew there season ticket on the evidence of the last 18 months?

Do you really think the income from 12,000 st's would be invested into the team....I have my doubts.

Hibs are a football club aswell as a business and the support will be there if they are producing it on the pitch, as quite frankly that is why folk go to the games not to sit in a full ER watching rubbish.

Its a double ended sword IMO

Although I've renewed, I think everyone blindly renewing every year without regard to the quality of the product or ambition shown by the Board is a dangerous thing to happen.

Those in charge need to do more to get folk through the door rather than taking everyone for granted.

Well I bought twice as many this season than last season. If everyone did the same …
    Space to let

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well I bought twice as many this season than last season. If everyone did the same …
    Same here.

The board have said every penny of season ticket sales goes to the team on the park. Come on folks, you know it makes sense!!

I am assuming that we had significantly higher ST numbers than three of the teams who made the top 6. Unfortunately better ST revenue than other clubs is no guarantee we will finish above them in the league.

I dont blame anyone for not renewing. Its a p@sh poor third rate league with third rate product and the entertainment value is next to zero. Time was if we were rotten you could grudgingly appreciate the skills of a De Cannio or Laudrup but theres no one in this league anywhere near that calibre. And if people have other financial priorities or are just fed up with Scottish fitba and cant be arsed who can blame them.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I am assuming that we had significantly higher ST numbers than three of the teams who made the top 6. Unfortunately better ST revenue than other clubs is no guarantee we will finish above them in the league.

I dont blame anyone for not renewing. Its a p@sh poor third rate league with third rate product and the entertainment value is next to zero. Time was if we were rotten you could grudgingly appreciate the skills of a De Cannio or Laudrup but theres no one in this league anywhere near that calibre. And if people have other financial priorities or are just fed up with Scottish fitba and cant be arsed who can blame them.
    imagine we had a manager with the ability to manage a team properly with 12k season ticket holders?

It would be great to reach that number, but without the right guy in charge it makes little difference it seems.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    imagine we had a manager with the ability to manage a team properly with 12k season ticket holders?

It would be great to reach that number, but without the right guy in charge it makes little difference it seems.
    Sure Forrest must have had more than 12k season tickets when calderwood took them up...

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    So are you saying folk should renew there season ticket on the evidence of the last 18 months?

Do you really think the income from 12,000 st's would be invested into the team....I have my doubts.

Hibs are a football club aswell as a business and the support will be there if they are producing it on the pitch, as quite frankly that is why folk go to the games not to sit in a full ER watching rubbish.

Where would it go then, genuinely interested where you think the money would be spent?

Imagine indeed, or imagine a quality signing being made to whet the appetite and put 12,000 bums on seats?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Imagine indeed, or imagine a quality signing being made to whet the appetite and put 12,000 bums on seats?
    Aye. Like the short fading Riordan, the disappointing Liam Miller, the mystifying Edwin De Graff, the trouble maker that was Anthony Stokes.

That's the sort of quality that comes to teams like us. Damaged goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

So you think the Club are lying when they say that?
    Space to let

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    It's a chicken and an egg scenario. Hibs need money to invest in more players to improve the team. Fans want to see what team they will be watching next season.

Someone has to take a risk, club or fans - the club can invest in the team without the financial backing of the fans.....or the fans can back the team without knowing exactly who they're backing.

We could talk and talk and talk about what the ideal scenario would be but unfortunately all we can do is speculate.

People talk about Hibs being a business and I think we need to drop that mentality (even though from a Hibs perspective it's perfectly true). Let's be honest, only an idiot would invest their money in a failing venture. If we looked at the SPL purely from a business perspective we would be nuts not to invest our hard-earned money in Celtic or Rangers. Hopefully reading that last sentence is enough to convince you that football is NOT a business as far as the fans are concerned. It runs deeper than that. The question for supporters is, do you want to continue to support the club you love or will you withdraw your backing and wait to see if they can survive / improve without you (or until such time that you think Hibs are again worthy of your money).

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Pipe dream if you ask me

I'm not blindly handing over my cash to watch more dross

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Pipe dream if you ask me

Me neither. I stood up to be counted.Ill see what players are brought in before i even think about another ST..Hibs will get not one more penny from me till i see what qaulity is brought in.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Pipe dream if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Me neither. I stood up to be counted.Ill see what players are brought in before i even think about another ST..Hibs will get not one more penny from me till i see what qaulity is brought in.
    So just out of interest, from a purely financial viewpoint, how do you expect Hibs to get better with less support?

Before I get pilloried, this is NOT a "who's the best supporter post / thread", my questions are genuine. Obviously I am not a season ticket holder so I cannot point any fingers (would be interesting to know if there are ways for non-season ticket holders to assist somehow). It just perplexes me to see people saying they have had enough and will not hand over their cash because I don't see how that can help the club turnaround.

If you have more important things to spend your cash on, fair game.
    If you can't afford to renew, no problems.
    If you've just had enough of Hibs and don't want to spend any more money on them then I assume you will be done for good and not come running back if / when Hibs turn the corner because THAT would make you a fair weather fan. Not having a dig, just stating an irrefutable fact.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    So just out of interest, from a purely financial viewpoint, how do you expect Hibs to get better with less support?

Before I get pilloried, this is NOT a "who's the best supporter post / thread", my questions are genuine. Obviously I am not a season ticket holder so I cannot point any fingers (would be interesting to know if there are ways for non-season ticket holders to assist somehow). It just perplexes me to see people saying they have had enough and will not hand over their cash because I don't see how that can help the club turnaround.

If you have more important things to spend your cash on, fair game.
    If you can't afford to renew, no problems.
    If you've just had enough of Hibs and don't want to spend any more money on them then I assume you will be done for good and not come running back if / when Hibs turn the corner because THAT would make you a fair weather fan. Not having a dig, just stating an irrefutable fact.

If Hibs are active in the market in the summer and sign maybe 2 or 3 'well kent' Faces, It may entice me and several other Hibs fans to say 'Ok , I like the look of these guys'..'I have a feeling we are going to do well'..Ill purchase a new ST..Believe me, There are hundreds (thousands?) Like me waiting to see what qaulity we bring in before parting with over £400..I hear the other toss of the coin regarding buying a ST now and every penny goes to the club,Its chicken and egg as so many folk say..But for me, Myself..Im waiting to see who is brought in.

Left by mutual consent!

Good post

The irony is brilliant on here.

" I want to see quality before i buy"

With what?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    If Hibs are active in the market in the summer and sign maybe 2 or 3 'well kent' Faces, It may entice me and several other Hibs fans to say 'Ok , I like the look of these guys'..'I have a feeling we are going to do well'..Ill purchase a new ST..Believe me, There are hundreds (thousands?) Like me waiting to see what qaulity we bring in before parting with over £400..I hear the other toss of the coin regarding buying a ST now and every penny goes to the club,Its chicken and egg as so many folk say..But for me, Myself..Im waiting to see who is brought in.
    And that's where the chicken / egg scenario kicks in. Some people want to wait and see what faces Hibs bring in WITHOUT your money. To me it seems that Hibs would have better opportunities if they had the money from 12k season ticket sales at the start of the window rather than "half now, maybe half later". Let's say that's the way it goes, how many fans will complain (again - like they did during the January window) about Hibs leaving it too late to bring in new players? If they are genuinely relying on season ticket sales to invest in the club, it only makes sense for them to get this money sooner rather than later.

imagine if they had the money from 20,000 season tickets

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by chorley_fm View Post
    imagine if they had the money from 20,000 season tickets

Imagine if the league payouts were restructured to try and assure balance i.e., allocating the lion's share to those clubs that finish further down the league so they have more money to try and catch up. What!?!? Why would we ever do something as absurd as strive for a level playing field....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I heard a saying once which was ' what you want is what you have got', which basically says that if you really wanted something, you would do everything you could to get it.

We all say that we want hibs to sign quality players, but if we really wanted it, it is actually within our power to make it happen. The trouble is, we don't have enough people who want it enough to be prepared to do what hibs need them to do.

We will get the standard of player signed that we deserve, if we want better then time is running out to help the club get better.

And that's where the chicken / egg scenario kicks in. Some people want to wait and see what faces Hibs bring in WITHOUT your money. To me it seems that Hibs would have better opportunities if they had the money from 12k season ticket sales at the start of the window rather than "half now, maybe half later". Let's say that's the way it goes, how many fans will complain (again - like they did during the January window) about Hibs leaving it too late to bring in new players? If they are genuinely relying on season ticket sales to invest in the club, it only makes sense for them to get this money sooner rather than later.
    It's seems rather strange to complain about the board not taking a leap of faith and investing in the team when you are not willing to do the same thing yourself.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Aye. Like the short fading Riordan, the disappointing Liam Miller, the mystifying Edwin De Graff, the trouble maker that was Anthony Stokes.

That's the sort of quality that comes to teams like us. Damaged goods.
    Yep, either damaged goods or good pros without the required ability.

Although Mikey's post is admirable, we just won't get people buying STs on a "what if" basis. There's a huge onus on the manager now and as expectations are so low I think the fans will give him time to turn things round if he can get a reasonable improvement from the limited resources at his disposal. A better youth policy is an absolute must - a couple more Booths would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Although Mikey's post is admirable, we just won't get people buying STs on a "what if" basis.
    Have the thousands of people that have renewed already not done exactly that?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If I see the phrase chicken and egg in relation to season ticket sales I swear I'll do time.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    If I see the phrase chicken and egg in relation to season ticket sales I swear I'll do time.
    Care to elaborate? Do you disagree? If so, in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Is catch 22 better lex?