hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    aye deffo

That is shocking. That definitely looks deliberate.

100%

It was more difficult to collide with her than it was to miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is shocking. That definitely looks deliberate.
    McNaughton is going to have difficulty convincing people otherwise. Looked intentional.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Having watched it a few times, I'm not sure he meant it.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Having watched it a few times, I'm not sure he meant it.
    same. he's not really looking at her, and he's going in the direction of the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    same. he's not really looking at her, and he's going in the direction of the ball...
    Any decent man would have apologised, picked up her shopping bags and ensured that she was okay before going on his way. Having studied the video evidence quite a few times now, I can safely say that he did neither.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Any decent man would have apologised, picked up her shopping bags and ensured that she was okay before going on his way. Having studied the video evidence quite a few times now, I can safely say that he did neither.
    you're right. infact, i reckon she's having a good old cry with all her girlfriends about it right now, just praying that the sun can cook up a nice media storm around her, since the last one was so much fun. it's the only way we can make her feel better

I thought it looked completely deliberate at first.

But then look where the ball goes, he is trying to whip round as he thinks the ball is still in play, and is trying to get it. I'd be surprised if he even knew she was there, as she is directly behind the Middlesbrough player.

Still should've apologized though..

I don't think it was deliberate but a wee bit of concern or a helping hand up wouldn't have gone amiss.

As a side issue, why isn't McNaughton even spoken about for Potter's Scotland squads? Just won player of the year at Cardiff ahead of Boothroyd and Bellamy so is obviously doing a good job.

Without a doubt in my book, what a fud!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post

But then look where the ball goes, he is trying to whip round as he thinks the ball is still in play, and is trying to get it. I'd be surprised if he even knew she was there, as she is directly behind the Middlesbrough player.

Exactly my view of it.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I don't think it was deliberate but a wee bit of concern or a helping hand up wouldn't have gone amiss.

As a side issue, why isn't McNaughton even spoken about for Potter's Scotland squads? Just won player of the year at Cardiff ahead of Boothroyd and Bellamy so is obviously doing a good job.
    I think he's pulled out through injury too many times. Cracking player.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post

Yeah I agree, first impression I thought he was doing it deliberately but no way you can say for sure given the direction the ball was going in as well.

Should have at least offered her a hand up mind.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He probably doesnt mean it but theres no excuse for not giving her a pat on the arse and a "you alright darling?"...

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    "But the dramatic way in which Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton crashed in to her after chasing down the ball prompted allegations she was targeted deliberately as part of a dressing room dare."

I'm sure that after being 3-0 down at home in a match that they had to win to stay in contention for automatic promotion, all McNaughton was worried about was an apparent dressing room dare

Should really apologise certainly, but he's just getting on with a very important game.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    "But the dramatic way in which Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton crashed in to her after chasing down the ball prompted allegations she was targeted deliberately as part of a dressing room dare."

I'm sure that after being 3-0 down at home in a match that they had to win to stay in contention for automatic promotion, all McNaughton was worried about was an apparent dressing room dare

Should really apologise certainly, but he's just getting on with a very important game.
    Of course you're right, but it's also for her to be a bit more aware and GTF out of the way. He was probably as stunned as she was.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Of course you're right, but it's also for her to be a bit more aware and GTF out of the way. He was probably as stunned as she was.
    Definitely. Plus, there would be no furore at all if this was a male linesman, which flies in the face of her being treated equally.

Definitely not deliberate, he's clearly trying to whip round in the direction of the ball. He's known for being a quiet, unassuming professional, why on earth would he do that on purpose? Very stange that he didn't apologise mind, male or female.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Difficult one that. Looks deliberate but then happened very quickly.

I think he should have offered her some ASDA vouchers after the game at the very least.

0-3 down at home in a vital game and prevented from keeping the ball in by the positioning of the assistant referee? I wouldn't apologise either.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Definitely not deliberate, he's clearly trying to whip round in the direction of the ball. He's known for being a quiet, unassuming professional, why on earth would he do that on purpose? Very stange that he didn't apologise mind, male or female.
    He's playing in a match and trying to get the ball, if it was a male it would never have been mentioned. Generally you don't see apologies when this sort of thing happens so it's not exactly out of place.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Correct, Wether he ment it or not he gave her one big bloody dunt and should have helped the girl to feet and asked if she was ok.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    1st time i've seen it. At first the change in direction makes it look deliberate, but look where he's looking, not deliberate imho, still even if it was a man running the line he should have at least said sorry.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Bellamy was having a good old moan at her throughout the second half and, while I am not a lip reader, I am sure he mouthed ' you are s***e' at her with a dismissive wave of the hand, after one incident he thought should have gone his way.

It must be galling for all the 'football is for real men' that she doesn't seem to make many mistakes.

@hibs.net private member
    To be fair to her, she just gets up, dusts herself down and gets on with it.

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    not intentional in the slightest in my opinion! hes trying to keep the ball in and take the ball down the line. Quite often you see players running outside the pitch like this to go round an opponent when its soo close to the touchline, Just unfortunate shes in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
    McNaughton is going to have difficulty convincing people otherwise. Looked intentional.
    Looking at it again and following the path of the ball I now agree it looks as if McNaughton was going in that direction and didn't mean the collision.

No apology though is bad form. Fair play to her for getting up and getting on with it. A large percentage of footballers would have rolled around for a bit feigning injury.

Blog Entries
    Hard to tell if it was deliberate, but respect to her for getting up, signalling the goal kick, and getting on with it with a smile.

McNaughton just looks like a fud regardless - its just a bit of decency of you clatter someone accidentally to help them up and shake hands.