hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singing section

Singing section

we are in desperate need of some new songs which are actually half decent. im not having a go at anyone who made up some of these new songs but i was embarrased sitting in the singing section yesterday with some of the songs which were getting sung. fair enough have a good time at a rubbish match and some songs were quite funny but the likes of 'martin scott is ***** mental' thats just a rubbish song

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough AndersonGGTTH's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: K-ANDERSON1875
    Quote Originally Posted by greglauder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we are in desperate need of some new songs which are actually half decent. im not having a go at anyone who made up some of these new songs but i was embarrased sitting in the singing section yesterday with some of the songs which were getting sung. fair enough have a good time at a rubbish match and some songs were quite funny but the likes of 'martin scott is ***** mental' thats just a rubbish song

he quite likes that song though!

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonGGTTH View Post
    he quite likes that song though!
    And it's true

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    think you don't have enough * or have I got the wrong tune

still think its an embarrasing song. and what with singing lots of songs about hearts. i think we should only sing about them when we are playing them

still think its an embarrasing song. and what with singing lots of songs about hearts. i think we should only sing about them when we are playing them
    Why didn't you all just go in to a wee huddle and discuss which songs to sing yesterday?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The 'Colin Nish football genius' and the 'I Believe' chant are both utterly cringeworthy.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    The 'Colin Nish football genius' and the 'I Believe' chant are both utterly cringeworthy.
    I think 'I believe' could really work if more took part and would lift the team.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I think the I believe could do really well but I can't believe some folk object to it while themselves trying to start the Rudi schoolbag and Mercer songs.

Also noticeable that the Green Army chanters were on holiday but the Calerwoods chanters were not which led to lengthy chants of CALERWOODS mumble mumble ··· :-)
    Last edited by Jack; 25-04-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think the I believe could do really well but I can't believe some folk object to it while themselves trying to start the Rudi schoolbag and Mercer songs.

Also noticeable that the Green Army chanters were on holiday but the Calerwoods chanters owere not which led to lengthy chants of CALERWOODS mumble mumble ··· :-)

Yesterday was cringey as hell at times.

I Believe, Colin Nish football genuis, Martin Scott is mental and 'losing team' should all be binned. Horrendous songs.

As I said on the facebook page before it got deleted, the whole 12thman singing section thing could be over before it begun due to a lack of intergration. You should be using the 'power' of the 12thman to influence the support, not push them away by singing ***** songs and doing daft bounces.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post

Thats a shocker!

The Nish one is just wrong taking the pi ss out your own player

Glad we have a singing section to try and lift the team. i could work with a bit of organisation. How many will be a Hamilton and Inverness though?
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 25-04-2011 at 01:47 PM.

The singing section at least created some atmosphere - without it there would have been none. The only noise that came out the family and prawn stands were boooooooooooo at the ref. The songs will never please everyone but there were not many yam songs so that complaint is unjustified. Is it possible to post the words to the one that features i think Mrs J or would the sweary filter not allow?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Asylum View Post
    The singing section at least created some atmosphere - without it there would have been none. The only noise that came out the family and prawn stands were boooooooooooo at the ref. The songs will never please everyone but there were not many yam songs so that complaint is unjustified. Is it possible to post the words to the one that features i think Mrs J or would the sweary filter not allow?
    There was a thread a wee while ago asking for the same thing with a number of deleted posts so I suspect not
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Luna_Asylum View Post
    You have been posting here long enough to know that swear filter or not we try to keep the place fairly family friendly. So please don't post them up.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only song I notice them sing is the 'Derek Riordan - one of our own' song.

If there is a player that doesn't deserve to have his name sung right now it's him

What are the words/tune for this I believe song?

@hibs.net private member
    I sit close to the singing section and regularly have a laugh at the oddballs and misfits it seems to attract

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I sit close to the singing section and regularly have a laugh at the oddballs and misfits it seems to attract
    Please post up up a picture of yerself so we can be humbled by what a 'normal' football supporter looks like

Is that why you are called lucky - cos you are blessed with good looks and charm?

I think a lot of folk have bumped the Singing Section recently 'cos they actually want to sing songs about Hibs and don't want to join in the 'wee team mentality' of constantly singing about Hearts, Mercer, refugees and Sodje's racial stereotype. All this stuff needs to go straight in the bin before next season IMO

There's plenty good Hibs songs that are not being sung as our good friend Gramo will testify. Greg - we need you and folk like you in the close season to help us develop a guid Hibby Song Book.

We are all Hibs12thMan and we need to get back to singing songs that lift the team otherwise we are wasting our time

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Sounds just like you Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Yesterday was cringey as hell at times.

I Believe, Colin Nish football genuis, Martin Scott is mental and 'losing team' should all be binned. Horrendous songs.

As I said on the facebook page before it got deleted, the whole 12thman singing section thing could be over before it begun due to a lack of intergration. You should be using the 'power' of the 12thman to influence the support, not push them away by singing ***** songs and doing daft bounces.
    I`ll tell ye what scott b, for a young guy, that`s a very sensible head on your shoulders - spot on with that post.

Left by mutual consent!
    The singing section are very quickly turning into 'the ultras'.

More effort is needed to try to bring together the whole crowd, so that everybody can get involved.

I do believe a large part of this will come from what we are witnessing on the park. I know I didn't sing very much yesterday at all as I was utterly bored and depressed about wasting my afternoon on that gash.

Once we have something to shout about, making an atmosphere will come naturally and then we need to get some catchy, non controversial and loud tunes to belt out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sounds just like you Lucky
    HC as you know I sit with we mental rab, as such I think I am in a position to judge what oddballs are

Quote Originally Posted by Feed McGraw View Post
    I`ll tell ye what scott b, for a young guy, that`s a very sensible head on your shoulders - spot on with that post.
    And feed mcgraw I'll tell you an awe your right on the the ba tae

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

If there is a player that doesn't deserve to have his name sung right now it's him
    What, you didn't join in about singing about one of our own Derek Riordan, c'mon get behind the team and give your support to all of the team, you might enjoy it, rather than sounding like a bitter person towards Derek Riordan he's one of our own all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

Going by that logic nobody deserves to be sung about at this point in time, and we've already been told in this thread that we aren't allowed to sing about other teams so our options have become pretty limited.

Did it ever occur to you that singing might actually encourage players and help improve their performance!?

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-x7...eature=related

why not copy others as well as innovate.

Clearly the words would have to be changed as it would be odd cheering on spurs at ER.
    I agree with the idea of looking at what others do to create an atmosphere but I do hate that Spurs tune!!

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    I agree with the idea of looking at what others do to create an atmosphere but I do hate that Spurs tune!!
    I totally hate that. I'd rather sit in a bath of beans doing that 'I believe' thing than hear that at ER. Just my opinion.

I thought SOL was sung very well yesterday.