hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sean Welsh

Sean Welsh

Playing on the right side of a back three for Stirling Albion today. Confirmed by a Falkirk supporting workmate at the game.

I thought he was purely a central midfielder. Looked quality when he played against Dunfermline in a pre season game. Sounds like he is versatile too. Really hope he gets an extension and a chance to prove himself at Hibs after his injury troubles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing on the right side of a back three for Stirling Albion today. Confirmed by a Falkirk supporting workmate at the game.

I thought he was purely a central midfielder. Looked quality when he played against Dunfermline in a pre season game. Sounds like he is versatile too. Really hope he gets an extension and a chance to prove himself at Hibs after his injury troubles.

Is his contract up at the end of the season?
    He was the one to me that looked like he was going to be a cert to make the grade with Hibs, a very assured young player.
    Never seen at him at the Dunfy game but heard good reports, i do hope he gets a chance, as he was another that was unlucky with injuries

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moredun View Post
    Is his contract up at the end of the season?
    He was the one to me that looked like he was going to be a cert to make the grade with Hibs, a very assured young player.
    Never seen at him at the Dunfy game but heard good reports, i do hope he gets a chance, as he was another that was unlucky with injuries
    Yep. Saw him a couple of times for the 19s. Thought he was head and shoulders above the rest but has been sadly restricted by injuries. My only criticism is he could learn that a well weighted pass is as good as beating a couple of defenders by himself.

If Hibs are taking a gamble on a contract or two this summer a fit Sean Welsh is worth a gamble IMO.

Lee Currie scored for Berwick. How long's he been there?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    February I think.

Damon Gray is also with Berwick and seems to score on a regular basis.

I've seen him in a number of his games for the Binos. He's done well in a struggling side, but he hasn't been outstanding, in the sense that if he'd come through the Stirling youth setup I wouldn't expect Premier teams to be fighting to get his signature. He may make it with Hibs, but I can't see him slotting straight into a first team place. There's a lot of development still needed IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    I've seen him in a number of his games for the Binos. He's done well in a struggling side, but he hasn't been outstanding, in the sense that if he'd come through the Stirling youth setup I wouldn't expect Premier teams to be fighting to get his signature. He may make it with Hibs, but I can't see him slotting straight into a first team place. There's a lot of development still needed IMO.

Which would be understandable considering the injuries he has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    Are you sure it was Lee? There's a Paul Currie on the books there as well who seems to score goals regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by moredun View Post
    Which would be understandable considering the injuries he has had.
    Entirely understandable. I'd give him a year's contract to see whether he's got over the injuries and become ready to make the step to become a premier league player.

Blog Entries
    Played at CH for U19's a number of times as cover for injuries / tactical switches

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Never seen Welsh play....would people who have seen him say he is a creative midfielder like miller or more of a terrier like scott?

Cracking player, looked an outstanding prospect in the 19s, so composed and assured. Saw him with my old man playing CH for the 19s, my dad reckoned he looked very Hansen-esque with his ability to bring the ball out of defense so easily. 2 footed, likes a tackle, dribbling ability and great close control, altho as mentioned above, could probably just pass the ball out rather than having everyones' hearts in mouths as he takes on 2 or 3 players before releasing it.

Really hope he gets a contract and a chance to prove he's got past the injuries he's sustained, has been really unlucky in that they've come one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Are you sure it was Lee? There's a Paul Currie on the books there as well who seems to score goals regularly.
    Both played for Berwick yesterday but it is Lee Currie who is being credited with the goal.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Dress sense terrible and pissed. :)