hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Mick McGhee Memorial

Arrangements have now been made for a permanent memorial to legendary Hibs fan Mick McGhee. The money taken at his funeral collection back in September has been used to buy & install 2 suitably inscribed benches at the club's training centre outside Ormiston. The benches will be unveiled in a short ceremony at the training centre at 2pm next Friday (29th April) & Mick's ashes will then be scattered at his beloved Easter Road.

A free bus will leave the Four in Hand on Easter road at 1.15 to travel to the training centre then back to the stadium.

If any friends would like to travel on the bus it would help if you could PM me so that we can keep a check on numbers.

Rumour has it that Mick left money to buy everybody who turned up a drink. I can categorically state that this is completely untrue. He never bought a round when he was alive & he's no intention of changing that now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arrangements have now been made for a permanent memorial to legendary Hibs fan Mick McGhee. The money taken at his funeral collection back in September has been used to buy & install 2 suitably inscribed benches at the club's training centre outside Ormiston. The benches will be unveiled in a short ceremony at the training centre at 2pm next Friday (29th April) & Mick's ashes will then be scattered at his beloved Easter Road.

A free bus will leave the Four in Hand on Easter road at 1.15 to travel to the training centre then back to the stadium.

If any friends would like to travel on the bus it would help if you could PM me so that we can keep a check on numbers.

Rumour has it that Mick left money to buy everybody who turned up a drink. I can categorically state that this is completely untrue. He never bought a round when he was alive & he's no intention of changing that now

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post

Great effort Jim.....

First Team Breakthrough grantonhibee's Avatar
    fantastic gesture for wee mick , stayed in same street as him for years yet to see a better hibby

Gutted that i cant be there to be part of this memorial.

Im in Liverpool on a Beatles Experience for my sisters birthday.

I will be thinking of you all and hoping the sunshine's on leith that DAY.

God bless you Michael. xx

What a great fitting gesture for the wee man, RIP Mick, and to the poster who said he never bought a round......you are correct!

just a reminder that this is happening

rip mick

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    just a reminder that this is happening

rip mick

How did it go

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    How did it go
    Very poignant. Two nice benches erected at East Mains both with plaques dedicated to Mick, then ashes scattered at famous five end.....Some closure, God bless you wee man

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Very poignant. Two nice benches erected at East Mains both with plaques dedicated to Mick, then ashes scattered at famous five end.....Some closure, God bless you wee man