hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Riordan (again again)

Think todays performance confirmed that he hasnt got it anymore...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Here we go, here we go, here we go!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    He would have buried those two in the 2nd half a few seasons back.

I would go as far to say he is the slowest player in the spl inc David Weir

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or maybe Liam Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Think todays performance confirmed that he hasnt got it anymore...
    He's been a shadow of the player he was for months. His attitude stinks tbh. He's our version of Fernando Torres. Can/Could be brilliant, didn't give a damn for weeks and suddenly finds it's not easy just to turn it on and off when you feel like it.

I Wouldnt be gutted if he goes.

Left by mutual consent!
    At least were in a good position with Riordan,hes been rank all season pretty much.

He would struggle to get a game for a 1st division team at the moment,so unless he starts showing hes worth it......He will be free togo!

I have supported Deek through thickand thin and have always stood by him however performances like todays make that very difficult to do

I done some work at an old Hibs supporters house the other day there.

Him and his wife pointed across the road (not sure the pub they meant but she's a barmaid there) and said to me "Riordan is in there drinking every night".

Not good to hear.

What area of Edinburgh is this?

I'm not sure cause I'm not from Edinburgh but I'll get back to you when I remember the name of the street - big looooong street.

Coaching Staff
    His almost constant need to cut inside is not to get into a shooting position anymore.....it is actually cruelly exposing his lack of pace and unwillingness/inability to get past his man. Other managers have seen it (opposition), and it makes it easier to defend. You simply hold your midfield and defensive line as you know he will turn into it rather than draw a man/men and lose shape.

This has an effect on Boothy as well as he is the only out ball and all too often Derek feeds Callum when he really should have been brave enough to take his man on, freeing up Callum inside.......as I said, Derek is unwittingly showing his weakness. Time for a change IMHO......get pace,desire and hunger for half the money. Yes, not the flash of genius, but we need 90 minute players for a whole season.....not just when he decides to turn up. Harsh I know, but for me true.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post

Him and his wife pointed across the road (not sure the pub they meant but she's a barmaid there) and said to me "Riordan is in there drinking every night".

Not good to hear.
    Not sure Calderwood would tolerate this. Today he was awful again. Slow, disinterested and he never runs down the wing, he just takes a heavy touch inside and plays it to liam miller or another CM. Instead he could slip in players down the line but just plays for himself.

I'd love for him to be the player of old but time to move on i think.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs

Not good to hear.
    Not having a go however I doubt this is true

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    His almost constant need to cut inside is not to get into a shooting position anymore.....it is actually cruelly exposing his lack of pace and unwillingness/inability to get past his man. Other managers have seen it (opposition), and it makes it easier to defend. You simply hold your midfield and defensive line as you know he will turn into it rather than draw a man/men and lose shape.

This has an effect on Boothy as well as he is the only out ball and all too often Derek feeds Callum when he really should have been brave enough to take his man on, freeing up Callum inside.......as I said, Derek is unwittingly showing his weakness. Time for a change IMHO......get pace,desire and hunger for half the money. Yes, not the flash of genius, but we need 90 minute players for a whole season.....not just when he decides to turn up. Harsh I know, but for me true.
    Thats what i was trying to say above but your post has hit nail on head here

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Not having a go however I doubt this is true
    The couple seemed quite sincere in what they were saying - of course people do have a tendency to exagerate things.

Not good to hear.
    I would say that is TOTAL tosh but hey what do I know

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    R01rdan is a easy target for some people on the site- Derek on form is good as it gets.

BUT the whole team have been rank rotten over the last 2 season but I don't see thread after thread about them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    R01rdan is a easy target for some people on the site- Derek on form is good as it gets.

BUT the whole team have been rank rotten over the last 2 season but I don't see thread after thread about them.
    I think that just shows how much we think of Deek. We expect it from most of them, but Deek has the ability to do so SO much more and it's frustrating to watch.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    I think that just shows how much we think of Deek. We expect it from most of them, but Deek has the ability to do so SO much more and it's frustrating to watch.
    Watching Derek is frustrating because he has great ability but it been lacking for some time-He needs the service and confidance from others which is clearly lacking hence threads like this are posted on a weekly basis.

When he's like that, far more of a hindrance than a help. And he's far too often like that.

Riordan's not going to get any better. He's beyond slow now, every touch is on the stretch, and doesn't have the attitude or effort to do that little bit extra to make a half yard. Because he needs every half yard he gets at present. He'll have better periods of form obviously, but strength, pace, fitness... There's nothing really to suggest he's going to reach new peaks. He should go and make what he can out the game, and leave Hibs with 4k to spend on someone with drive, pace and the potential to improve. Best for both parties.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    or Vaz Te.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watching Derek is frustrating because he has great ability but it been lacking for some time-He needs the service and confidance from others which is clearly lacking hence threads like this are posted on a weekly basis.

It's his quick thinking and 'football brain' that he is renowned for, this is normally where he gets his extra yard or two from. Our current complete lack of tempo makes it really hard for him.

I'm not making excuses though, he lets his head go down far too easily. Between the derby and the Hamilton game he could have had about 4 goals to his name, last season he would have.

Two things: he gets service now - Booth in paricular played some great balls into the box today and as regards confidence from others - he is the one who has spent his entire careeer snarling at team mates.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Must be the Falkirk area.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    or Vaz Te.
    No, David Stephens takes that award.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Not good to hear.
    What pub is this your talking about.

You need to pay more attention then.

Riordan's never going to get his pace back but if he concentrated on his own game instead of moaning every time someone doesn't do exactly what he wanted (while simultaneously waving away anyone else's complaints about him), he might be able to react quicker or even, heaven forbid, anticipate a ball.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    riordan offers little other than goals, and when he's not even scoring he's be as well not playing.

I've always liked Riordan because he used to confound his critics and he gave us one or two moments to relish against the other lot.

He had a couple of chances today which I feel he would have done better with in former days.

Hibs need to spend good money on good players. We shouldn't be looking to Deeks for inspiration anymore because he ain't got it.