hibs.net Messageboard

Partick Thistle Part Company With Manager Ian McCall

http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/glasg...2692-23063252/ Jackie McNamara jnr named as caretaker, seems strange timing with only 5 games to go

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/glasg...2692-23063252/ Jackie McNamara jnr named as caretaker, seems strange timing with only 5 games to go
    Maybe They want to see if he does a good job and maybe appoint him full time, and see the last 5 games as a good oppurtunity to try him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralbin View Post
    Maybe They want to see if he does a good job and maybe appoint him full time, and see the last 5 games as a good oppurtunity to try him out.
    Yeah but McCall left Thistle in a good position, has he another job lined up, Falkirk maybe once they punt caveman

He was frustrated by the lack of money at Thistle.

Thistle kept selling off bits of land at the ground and now seem happy with a 6000 capacity stadium

It's sad, I used to go to Firhill every fortnight and remember crowds of almost 40 000 for old firm games and for other teams 12 000 or so

I always thought thistle had the potential for a 10 000 support. At a semi final a few years back against Rangers there were 15 000 Thistle fans and just over 20 000 Huns

Who are the teams now in Scotland that can pull a crowd? Hibs Hearts Old Firm Aberdeen seem to be the only ones now capable of getting more than 10 000

Shame but even if teams like Thistle, Dunfermline, Morton etc could get 4-500 that would be great but that's what Killie get on a good day in the top 6

Given this we will always be watching pish football..but I suppose that's the way it is

Yeah but McCall left Thistle in a good position, has he another job lined up, Falkirk maybe once they punt caveman
    I wouldn't have thought so. There's still a lot of resentment from Falkirk fans towards McCall after the way in which he left them to go to Dundee Utd.

It was eight years ago right enough so maybe things have calmed down a bit.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Mccall seems to regard himself as the best manager in scotland yet consistently under delivers. Regardless of where he ends up next I suspect his career will end up being summarised as what could have been but full of non achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    Mccall seems to regard himself as the best manager in scotland yet consistently under delivers. Regardless of where he ends up next I suspect his career will end up being summarised as what could have been but full of non achievements.
    Much like his playing career.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    McCall hates Hibs big time. He could neve hide it as a pundit. I think we get more praise off of Biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so. There's still a lot of resentment from Falkirk fans towards McCall after the way in which he left them to go to Dundee Utd.

It was eight years ago right enough so maybe things have calmed down a bit.
    From BBC gossip Ian McCall is set for a shock return to Falkirk after quitting as manager of Partick Thistle yesterday.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not sure what the Thistle board think the potential of their club is, but in this season, Raith Rovers have done a lot more with a lot less.