@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Paul Grant?

Has this been mentioned anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-13079105

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be a real concern for the club clearly messages are not getting through whether it's a cultural thing and the players are a reflection of that or not the club tread a fine line as they nurture talent and try to recruit. Do we suffer more than most clubs or is it just we have a higher number through the ranks and it gets reported more?
    Either way I wonder what parents make of this I know the club can't parent them but hopefully were fostering a culture that shuns this ESP drunk driving crazy how many have been caught

Coaching Staff
    Kathleen More still representing Hibs players. An industry in itself I suppose.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'd have been surprised to see him make him make it on his goalkeeping merit anyway. I reckon he'll be punted sooner rather than later, with this charge certainly taken into account.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Personally I blame Anthony Stokes for this.

yet another young scottish "athlete" putting bevvy culture ahead of a promising career, sad.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Personally I blame Anthony Stokes for this.
    I prefer to blame Jim Duffy in this instance.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Can't say I've even heard of Paul Grant up until today.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I prefer to blame Jim Duffy in this instance.
    Jarkko Wiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    yet another young scottish "athlete" putting bevvy culture ahead of a promising career, sad.
    I don't know if you're fishing but what a massive assumption that is from the information available.

The article states that his legal representative told the Court that he rarely drinks and no references are made to any previous offences.

Just as likely to be a silly, albeit serious, mistake. Hopefully one he learns from and doesn't repeat.

While there is an issue to be addressed with young Scottish people and alcohol, let's not blow every single incident out of proportion or we'll end up missing the real problems.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I don't know if you're fishing but what a massive assumption that is from the information available.

The article states that his legal representative told the Court that he rarely drinks and no references are made to any previous offences.

Just as likely to be a silly, albeit serious, mistake. Hopefully one he learns from and doesn't repeat.

While there is an issue to be addressed with young Scottish people and alcohol, let's not blow every single incident out of proportion or we'll end up missing the real problems.
    That's about right Paul (Bobo) is a good laddie all round and he's just been daft this once, hopefully he now screws the nut and gets kept on as he's got all the attributes to make it as a keeper, the name bobo gives away the physical size of him for a start!

Anyone that drives without insurance-drunk or not is a complete idiot.

@hibs.net private member
    For me his behavior is unacceptable. I hope Hibs terminate his contract. It's time players showed a bit more of a responsible attitude

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    ^ Agreed.

About time we really put the foot down and made a concerted effort to get rid of the 'bevvy-loving' image that our clubs seems to hold currently. For the same reason, I wouldn't be looking to bring players like Garry O'Connor back to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    "Bevvy culture"? Really, maybe the lad was just celebrating his birthday as stated and made a mistake driving home. Not condoning the fact he was drink driving but it just may have been his one and only time doing so - hardly "Bevvy culture" - reading of breath/alcohol was twice legal limit - approx 4 or 5[at most] pints of beer hardly a binge. Before all the anti drink driving brigade start spouting, yes, no matter hom much/little he was over he shouldn't have drove but certainly not "Bevvy culture".

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Can't say I've even heard of Paul Grant up until today.
    I thought our first choice U-19 keeper was Calum Antell, a Welsh lad.

As for the offence - drunk driving plus driving without insurance - I reckon the club will come down on him hard.

Promising Youngster
    He has been caught twice the drink drive limit, crashed the car & then found to have no insurance, got a years ban and £435 fine!

I got caught speeding on the motorway near Kinross, 89 on a 70 road (stupid I know) and I got a 2 month driving ban and a £600 fine that was reduced to £400 because I pleaded guilty.

My Dad was caught drink driving the day after his mates funeral, stopped because he had a brake light out, breathalised and convicted with drink driving for being a tiny tiny amount over the limit. Got an 18 month ban and fine (forget how much it was).

While I am not excusing either mine or my Dads actions, how is it fair that we were dealt with so much harsher than the professional football player?