hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaz Te

Vaz Te

Good story about the man in the Scotsman http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianf...?articlepage=1

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    he is a player looking to put himself in the shop window.. would love to see him at hibs past the summer but it seems unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he is a player looking to put himself in the shop window.. would love to see him at hibs past the summer but it seems unlikely
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    How so?
    If we offer him longer terms he'll sign it.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    If we offer him longer terms he'll sign it.
    What makes you say that ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I would be holding fire on offering him a new deal yet. I was quite impressed with him when he came on against ten man Hearts where he got a lot of space behind the two main strikers.

Against Aberdeen I didn't think he looked particularly sharp yet, at times his touch was very good as was his movement but he did seem to want too long on the ball and a number of times lost easy possession.

He has 6 games to show he is worth a deal in the summer but he needs to show more than he did on Saturday.

Coaching Staff
    More ability than the rest of them put together but obviously has hardly been fit since he started playing football.

He could be a bit special for us if he was to stay clear of further injury.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    The fact that we're employing him for promotional duties suggests that we might look to keep him.

Testimonial Due
    I am happy to wait and see how he does over the next two or three games, I dont think we want to wait to long, if we decide he is worth it.

I have seen nothing that makes me think we need to sign him right now, he has had a few decent games, but in fairness to him probably needs time to adjust to the league etc etc.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    More ability than the rest of them put together but obviously has hardly been fit since he started playing football.

He could be a bit special for us if he was to stay clear of further injury.
    Clearly some potential there but far too soon to make a decision IMO, hope he goes on to prove his fitness and worth, signs a contract and gets a full pre season under his belt. Not convinced this will happen though!

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    I've said it before, and I'll repeat.

If we sign these sorts of players, we are showing no ambition whatsoever. This lad will never make it at the top level.

Just been speaking to a member of the coaching staff at BWFC, referred to him as "Bambi in Ice". He couldn't believe that he was given a contract, however short at ER.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Clearly some potential there but far too soon to make a decision IMO, hope he goes on to prove his fitness and worth, signs a contract and gets a full pre season under his belt. Not convinced this will happen though!

As things stand, there's absolutely no reason to think he'll suddenly become a superstar with Hibs when his record indicates that he's failed to produce the goods on a consistent basis elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post

If we sign these sorts of players, we are showing no ambition whatsoever. This lad will never make it at the top level.

Just been speaking to a member of the coaching staff at BWFC, referred to him as "Bambi in Ice". He couldn't believe that he was given a contract, however short at ER.
    Well what sort of players should we be going for? Anyone of a top standard will be headed down south, either Champ or L1, this is the budget we have to work in. These sorts of players are where we are at, and are greater than those that can be attracted by the bottom 6 of the league, and our direct rivals Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc are on a downward financial spiral, Hearts have a sugar daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    Well what sort of players should we be going for? Anyone of a top standard will be headed down south, either Champ or L1, this is the budget we have to work in. These sorts of players are where we are at, and are greater than those that can be attracted by the bottom 6 of the league, and our direct rivals Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc are on a downward financial spiral, Hearts have a sugar daddy.
    Far better players than Vaz Te, I thought I made that clear in my original post. I don't really think you understand how poor this lad is.

Coaching Staff

What do you mean by 'these sorts'?

I know you didn't rate him from his time there but I've seen every time he's played for us and he has been very good.

Techincally he's a level above what we have and so for me he is exactrly the type of player we should have.

If we can't sign ex under 21 internationals recently with an EPL team then I'm not sure realistically who we can sign.

I'd pay money to watch him before most of the rest of our team.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    We were correct giving him a 6 month deal, but we should've insisted on an option on our part to extend it at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    That people are judging Vaz Te as a player on his time at Bolton and about 2 and 1/2 games worth in total for Hibs after several weeks/months without 100% fitness etc. seems a bit much.

There are plenty of players who for whatever reason make it at one club and not another. Calderwood clearly has an eye for a player - Palsson and to a slightly lesser extent, Sodje seem to back this up.

Vaz Te seems to be a talented player with an eye for goal - he was certainly head and shoulders above any other striker in the friendly against Bohemians - and I think realistically we need to give him more time.

Far better players than Vaz Te, I thought I made that clear in my original post. I don't really think you understand how poor this lad is.
    Its going to be embarassing for you if he actually turns out to be a success for us, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    What makes you say that ?
    Just a feeling.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    How did he manage to make 58 appearances for BWFC if he's so poor

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Its going to be embarassing for you if he actually turns out to be a success for us, isnt it?
    It's a chance I'm willing to take. And as for some of the tripe I have read on here about levels above what we have etc... Give me a break please!

He was sensational as a kid, he never pushed on with that potential really, injuries played there part of that there is no doubt. But he is where he is. The contract he was given at Bolton was 2 years too long in their coaching staffs eyes, he has failed at all clubs he had gone on loan to or been contracted too. He does not have the mentality to push on.
    Don't take my word for it though, I am sure in due course people will realise just exactly what this lad has and what he doesn't.
    I've been wrong about players in the past though, well once in fact so you never know :)

Nothing I'd like more than to be proven wrong but I honestly can't see why so many people are so keen to sign him up. Other than his goal against hearts I've thought he's been really poor.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It's a chance I'm willing to take. And as for some of the tripe I have read on here about levels above what we have etc... Give me a break please!

He was sensational as a kid, he never pushed on with that potential really, injuries played there part of that there is no doubt. But he is where he is. The contract he was given at Bolton was 2 years too long in their coaching staffs eyes, he has failed at all clubs he had gone on loan to or been contracted too. He does not have the mentality to push on.
    Don't take my word for it though, I am sure in due course people will realise just exactly what this lad has and what he doesn't.
    I've been wrong about players in the past though, well once in fact so you never know :)
    Did you read the article in question? Sounds to me like he knows exactly what he's had and where he went wrong.

IMO 'rough diamonds' that have fallen off the rails a bit but have a point to prove are exactly the sort of player we should be looking for.

Also, i've not seen a huge amount of him since he joined but what i have seen he's been everywhere trying to get involved, so hardly the player with the stinking attitude you keep describing

Coaching Staff

Don't care about Bolton. I'm basing on what I have seen on him playing for us so far. Technically better than what we have on the brief showings so far.

Don't care about Bolton. I'm basing on what I have seen on him playing for us so far. Technically better than what we have on the brief showings so far.

We must have been watching different games cause I've no seen it.

I've only seen him play in one match as I wasn't at the St Johnstone game when he made his debut and I wasn't at the Bohemians, Celtic or Aberdeen matches either.

In the one match that I have seen him play (the derby) he looked better than any other forward player that we currently have.

I would like to see how he does from the start in our last six matches and then we should see at the end of the season if he has done enough to earn a new contract.

Oh dear......

Oh dear......
    oh dear indeed..

... let's guess "better than Riordan"

Coaching Staff
    Oh dear......
    Oh dear what? Did he **** your missus or something?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    oh dear indeed..

... let's guess "better than Riordan"
    Recently, yes.