hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SFA farce: Derek Adams banned for six matches, Huns get off scot free (merged)

STV reporting Derek Adams hit with a 6 week ban.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...touchline-ban/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    He should have attacked a member of the other teams coaching staff or started a riot on the pitch. He would have escaped punishment

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    For once I agree with the QC (Paul Mcbride I think?) who represents Celtic.

He has stated that the SFA are biased and disfunctional following their decisions today re the Old Firm games.

Derek Adams ban just reinforces what he said.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should have attacked a member of the other teams coaching staff or started a riot on the pitch. He would have escaped punishment
    Amen mate!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Yet McCoist gets his 2 match ban overturned and Diouff and Bougherra get £2k and £5k fines (that will show them), one of whom was physically stopping the ref from raising a red card in a match. Seems fair enough.

McCoist said he was glad the committee listened to what he had to say. I wonder if they got to hear what he said to Lennon? What a complete farce. I wonder if the First Minister has something to say about this.

I initially deferred expressing an opinion but frankly its a nonsense, particularly in light of the latest episodes in the soap(dodging) opera involving the bigots.

Adams Ban

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...touchline-ban/

Adams further ban of six games while rancid trio get off

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yet McCoist gets his 2 match ban overturned and Diouff and Bougherra get £2k and £5k fines (that will show them), one of whom was physically stopping the ref from raising a red card in a match. Seems fair enough.
    SFA what a national joke

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    McCoist said he was glad the committee listened to what he had to say. I wonder if they got to hear what he said to Lennon? What a complete farce. I wonder if the First Minister has something to say about this.
    Maybe wee jambo Salmond will waste another half a million pounds, having a summit between Hibs and Hearts.....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I saw this story on the Scotsman website earlier today, they were suggesting he might get an 8-match ban. Compared with other bans handed down recently this seems a little cock-eyed to me. But I'm not surprised.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    What are joke. Adams gets banned but McCoist doesn't.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The SFA yet again showing they are a professional, fit for purpose, modern, impartial and progressive governing body with the best interests of our nnational sport at heart.

The fact it has taken them this long to rule on an incident that happened in January says it all for me.

Did I miss Derek Adams physically attacking an opposition player, manager or an official? What on earth has he allegedly done to get a 6 match ban?

The SFA are an utter joke and yes, they are biased in the extreme - can Hibs do anything further to fight this and make a point? I thought we had a lawyer on the board?

Just proves the pro-Rangers bias of the SFA and their anti-green agenda. All brothers together down the ML or OL?

Let's become paranoid and deluded just like the wee team we helped start all those years ago.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The SFA yet again showing they are a professional, fit for purpose, modern, impartial and progressive governing body with the best interests of our nnational sport at heart.

The fact it has taken them this long to rule on an incident that happened in January says it all for me.
    Great point....shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Did I miss Derek Adams physically attacking an opposition player, manager or an official? What on earth has he allegedly done to get a 6 match ban?

The SFA are an utter joke and yes, they are biased in the extreme - can Hibs do anything further to fight this and make a point? I thought we had a lawyer on the board?
    I think the argument is that this is Mccoists first offence while Adams was in bother a lot least season and had already been given a few warnings.

Not saying that makes it alright but think that'd be the SFA's logic, forgetting the old firm for a second though if he does have a problem with his discipline on the touchline lets hope he learns from this punishment and cuts it out, last thing i want is any of our management team behaving like Neil Lennon on the touchline, used to do my head in when Mixu lost the plot arguing with managers and officials, lacks class, expect that sort of thing from FJK.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Adams is a serial offender against referees, I'm afraid.

I don't know any other manager or assistant who has been in as much trouble as often he has.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Adams is a serial offender against referees, I'm afraid.

I don't know any other manager or assistant who has been in as much trouble as often he has.
    I thought the same but STV news just said he's been sent to the stand four times in three seasons so a six game ban seems awful harsh for that sort of a record.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    What are joke. Adams gets banned but McCoist doesn't.
    Certainly dont want to appear as pro either of the OF but what exactly did McCoist do wrong? I dont think there is any rule that says you cant whisper sweet nothings in the opposition managers lug. If Lennon didn't react there was no offence so why is there one just because he did react?

On Adams it is strange that there is a large report in the papers saying he doesnt swear yet he is found guilty of that very crime. Either his "I don't swear" story is bending the truth or the officials are making it up. Does anyone know what the previous 3 offences were for?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Certainly dont want to appear as pro either of the OF but what exactly did McCoist do wrong? I dont think there is any rule that says you cant whisper sweet nothings in the opposition managers lug. If Lennon didn't react there was no offence so why is there one just because he did react?

On Adams it is strange that there is a large report in the papers saying he doesnt swear yet he is found guilty of that very crime. Either his "I don't swear" story is bending the truth or the officials are making it up. Does anyone know what the previous 3 offences were for?
    Provocation

I suppose unless they knew or could prove exactly what he said then there wouldn't be a lot the could do.

I remember Bobby Thompson (in the 80's) got sent off for touching the linesman and got banned for 4 weeks (I think)
    The SFA are a disgrace to Scottish football (except the OF)

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Great point....shambles

I think the argument is that this is Mccoists first offence while Adams was in bother a lot least season and had already been given a few warnings.

Not saying that makes it alright but think that'd be the SFA's logic, forgetting the old firm for a second though if he does have a problem with his discipline on the touchline lets hope he learns from this punishment and cuts it out, last thing i want is any of our management team behaving like Neil Lennon on the touchline, used to do my head in when Mixu lost the plot arguing with managers and officials, lacks class, expect that sort of thing from FJK.
    I don't think that's the case. If it was then McCoist would have still been found guilty but then shown leniency in the punishment. As far as I can see he has been found not guilty of misconduct.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhosYourDaddy View Post
    I remember Bobby Thompson (in the 80's) got sent off for touching the linesman and got banned for 4 weeks (I think)
    The SFA are a disgrace to Scottish football (except the OF)
    Was it no more like 4 months?

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    F*** the SFA

Because thats never happened before has it? Maybe Dougie MacDonald can answer that for us.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    F*** the SFA
    Thank you for that comment, Derek.

Left by mutual consent! Rougier45's Avatar

Super ally et all get away wit it

Ridiculous Huns get 3sent off-manhandle the referee and all walk away-no action on sectarian singing -it stinks-the Huns stink scotlands sectarian shame_

I was curious about this as well.

On the Adams issue, it was Calderwood who has been saying DA doesn't swear and apparently the comment was made about a Motherwell player, not directed at any officials. Seems strange but that's the SFA for you - not fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I was curious about this as well.

On the Adams issue, it was Calderwood who has been saying DA doesn't swear and apparently the comment was made about a Motherwell player, not directed at any officials. Seems strange but that's the SFA for you - not fit for purpose.
    Alan Preston has just said exactly the same thing on radio Scotland, seemed very confident in what he was saying as well.

Register him as a player and put him on the bench! :o)