hibs.net Messageboard

TV Extra Work at Easter Road

Don't know what the advert is about, but if intrested then contact the email below xxxxxxxxxx

is urgently looking for over a 100 guys over 25 years old for a TV ad.
    Its at Easter Road stadium Thursday 14th April.
    Fee is £75
    filming times are from 7pm and likely to run in through till the early hours.
    You will be fed, watered and looked after.

If you are interested, contact xxxxx directly with your name, age, phone number and photo.
    Last edited by HNA6; 06-04-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Link & contacts removed

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    £75 and a chance to get on the tele...?

Ta for the link!

EDIT: Baws, i'm too young.

Is it guys only?

Boo boys need not apply!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Applied

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Did anybody else get asked for their sort code and security number

Not wanting to be a killjoy here but if this advert has come from gumtree or somewhere similar i'd be wary of giving out any bank details or too much info.

Whilst the majority of ads are genuine there are a few dodgy ones.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Definately. For those applying a quick phonecall to the stadium should give you an answer as to wether or not it's genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not wanting to be a killjoy here but if this advert has come from gumtree or somewhere similar i'd be wary of giving out any bank details or too much info.

They appear to be a genuine company, I would like to know where the OP saw the ad though, one post then he vanishes ..

It smelled like a wind up to me but I googled it and they are defo genuine.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    They havent got back to me yet, or im no getting to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Applied for a job once on Gumtree and received a text telling me to phone a number provided to get updates about my application. Being suspicious I googled the telephone number to find out that it was a premium rate number and 100% scam.

Wonder if it's BT that want the 100 extras and if they are planning on relaunching the ET ad.

I thought it was a wind up, had a look at their website, the girl I spoke with confirmed it was genuine, subsequently emailed and received this reply within half an hour:

xxxxxx to me
    show details 16:19 (1 hour ago)
    Thanks xxxx

I will forward to production company and give you a bell towards the end of this week with more info.

Thanks again

xxxx
    Sent: 06 April 2011 15:58
    To: xxxxxxxx Extra Work in Edinburgh 14th April 2011

Certainly wasnt asked for any bank details though
    Last edited by HNA6; 06-04-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Links & contacts removed

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I emailed them to see if this was genuine and this is what I got back....

I am genuinely sorry but the advert you have seen has not been posted by ourselves, or authorised by ourselves, and we are in the process of trying to have it removed.

If you are a member of this forum I would be grateful if you could post a message to others that this advert was not placed by us, and that sadly it is a waste of anyones time applying to us.

We do not know who placed our details on there, but we will not be recruiting for Tv extras for this date or any future dates at the moment.

Thanks, Lee

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post

I am genuinely sorry but the advert you have seen has not been posted by ourselves, or authorised by ourselves, and we are in the process of trying to have it removed.

If you are a member of this forum I would be grateful if you could post a message to others that this advert was not placed by us, and that sadly it is a waste of anyones time applying to us.

We do not know who placed our details on there, but we will not be recruiting for Tv extras for this date or any future dates at the moment.

Thanks,xxxxx
    DITTO

What fun does anyone get from posting pish ,they really get on my nerves and deserve a good slap!!
    Last edited by HNA6; 06-04-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    I thought it was a wind up, had a look at their website, the girl I spoke with confirmed it was genuine, subsequently emailed and received this reply within half an hour:

xxxxxxx to me
    show details 16:19 (1 hour ago)
    Thanks xxxx

I will forward to production company and give you a bell towards the end of this week with more info.

Thanks again

Lee

Sent: 06 April 2011 15:58
    To: xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Extra Work in Edinburgh 14th April 2011

Certainly wasnt asked for any bank details though
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post

Thanks, xxxxxx
    Anyone spot the slight contradiction in the above posts?
    Last edited by HNA6; 06-04-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Links & contacts removed

I got the same reply

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Anyone spot the slight contradiction in the above posts?

Hopefully Liz Bisset will clear this up ..

Sorry but this ad was not placed by ourselves!

Hi Hibs Fans

I am genuinley sorry but the above post was not placed by ourselves, or placed even with our knowledge! We are indeed a genuine TV Extras company, but sadly are not looking for applications for filming next week or in the near future.

I don't doubt that whoever has posted this message has done so with good intentions, but unfortunately any opportunities we have are only available to those on our agency books.

Due to the overwhelming response from this advert though, we will keep details of all those who responded and whenever we are next recruiting will invite all those who applied along to attend. Entry to out agency is by way of face to face meeting on one of our group open days when we spend about 3 hours with prospective Extras explaining all that is involved and establishing ability to take direction.

I apologise to all those left disappointed by this, it has taken me several hours to gain access to this site in order to be able to advise that the post was not from ourselves.

If this forum is being moderated i would be very grateful if the original post could now be removed being that it is displaying our company information without our consent.

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
    Liz Bisset Management

Quote Originally Posted by lizbisset View Post
    Hi Hibs Fans

I am genuinley sorry but the above post was not placed by ourselves, or placed even with our knowledge! We are indeed a genuine TV Extras company, but sadly are not looking for applications for filming next week or in the near future.

I don't doubt that whoever has posted this message has done so with good intentions, but unfortunately any opportunities we have are only available to those on our agency books.

Due to the overwhelming response from this advert though, we will keep details of all those who responded and whenever we are next recruiting will invite all those who applied along to attend. Entry to out agency is by way of face to face meeting on one of our group open days when we spend about 3 hours with prospective Extras explaining all that is involved and establishing ability to take direction.

I apologise to all those left disappointed by this, it has taken me several hours to gain access to this site in order to be able to advise that the post was not from ourselves.

If this forum is being moderated i would be very grateful if the original post could now be removed being that it is displaying our company information without our consent.

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
    Liz Bisset Management
    Thanks for taking the time in clearing this up Liz, much appreciated.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbisset View Post
    Hi Hibs Fans

Kind Regards

Lee Bisset
    Liz Bisset Management
    So Greentinted is at the wind up aswell?

Just as I was preparing for my close-up.

Links & contacts removed, thread will now be closed.