hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

More Tickets to Old Firm and Hearts Fans at Easter Road?

From next season should we have a couple of thousand seats in the West Stand sold to Old Firm and Hearts fans, on top of their current allocation?

Benefits - Likely Sell outs, better atmosphere, increased revenue

Drawbacks - More undesirables in the Stadium, better backing for the away team, specific area being set aside meaning Season Tickets couldn't be bought there.

I'd rather we obviously just sold out our own area, but with big games always on TV its going to be difficult as things stand. Maybe if we were doing better sell outs would be easily achieved? I dunno.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From next season should we have a couple of thousand seats in the West Stand sold to Old Firm and Hearts fans, on top of their current allocation?

Drawbacks - More undesirables in the Stadium, better backing for the away team, specific area being set aside meaning Season Tickets couldn't be bought there.

I'd rather we obviously just sold out our own area, but with big games always on TV its going to be difficult as things stand. Maybe if we were doing better sell outs would be easily achieved? I dunno.

Thoughts?
    just the one, I'll let you guess what it is.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    To be honest, Rangers, Celtic and especially Hearts struggle to sell out their current allocation these days.

Thoughts?
    Segregation issues, more chance of bother....It wont happen IMO

No we should be trying to grow the fan base. as well as that if we were in better form and had been better this season we would have be selling more.

Total non-starter. You'd lose a couple of hundred seats for segregation. You'd have increased policing/stewarding costs. You'd have a block completely empty when you play the "smaller" teams as ST holders wouldn't want these seats.

@hibs.net private member
    Are you Rod Petrie?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Total non-starter. You'd lose a couple of hundred seats for segregation. You'd have increased policing/stewarding costs. You'd have a block completely empty when you play the "smaller" teams as ST holders wouldn't want these seats.
    And there's the question of how the said fans leave the stadium. Could see problems on the West Stand concourse....

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    And there's the question of how the said fans leave the stadium. Could see problems on the West Stand concourse....
    How do they do it the south stand when it is shared?

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    As far as I am aware, we've never shared the South stand for a Cat A match and when I've been in that stand on the odd occasion against Dundee U, Aberdeen we've all exited at the same time. Never witnessed any problems but there certainly would be if we were sharing with Celtic, Rangers and them.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    As far as I am aware, we've never shared the South stand for a Cat A match and when I've been in that stand on the odd occasion against Dundee U, Aberdeen we've all exited at the same time. Never witnessed any problems but there certainly would be if we were sharing with Celtic, Rangers and them.
    Really, I couldn't imagine all leaving together. Someone would defo do or say something!!!!

Simple to install some movable door-wall to seperate the areas.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    When we got moved to the South last season they let us out first and kept the Rangers/Celtic/Hearts fans behind for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    We shared the South Stand for 3 Cat A games last season.

Fans mixed together walking to the game, usual shouting, singing, banter etc, verbals and the odd missile getting passed across the segragation point with away fans being kept in after the game. Nae real problems...

Really, I couldn't imagine all leaving together. Someone would defo do or say something!!!!

Simple to install some movable door-wall to seperate the areas.
    Memory lapse. Although it was only last season yes we did share the south with Celtic, Rangers and them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Are you on glue?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    To be honest, Rangers, Celtic and especially Hearts struggle to sell out their current allocation these days.
    I was surprised how many empty seats there were in their end on Sunday.

IMO it doesnt matter if it will get us a sell out or more cash etc I dont want any of the smellies in our stand. I hated it last season but I knew it was just for a short period of time, couldnt handle it again.

Thoughts?
    Why??? When they can barely sell out their allocation at the moment

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    No danger, Easter Road is for Hibs fans! Plus green seats are much better looking than bigots and jambos. Or even jambo bigots.

I would be horrified if the Club were even to consider this at this time. We have to try and build our own support.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post

Having OF fans be filthy ****mers and creep into the home end in small pockets is bad enough, but for the club to actively pursue their money and fill even one section of the home end with OF or - god forbid - Hearts fans is unthinkable.

Not a good idea.

It's easy enough to fumigate the entire South Stand, much more difficult to fumigate just part of the West......

Wasn't just last season. We had to share when the West was being built.

On the main point, NO danger should we be giving any of them extra seats. By my reckoning we were only something like 2500 short of a sell out against the Yams. Not bad for a team in 9th. Wait till we're up the top end of the league and pushing for trophies, you'll struggle to get a ticket .

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Thoughts?
    lol

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Thoughts?

Aye very good mate.

Its quite a good idea

I would not have a problem with this, as long as hibs install electric chairs.

First Team Regular
    More tickets to the Rantic would only reinforce their delusional self importance and perpetuate the myth that Scottish football cant survive without them. Poisoning the atmosphere with more of them in our stadium would deter some Hibs supporters from attending those games.

This is now the 6th April not the first, you're a bit late
    Space to let

Why don't we just go all the way and really bow down to the OF and give them behind both goals in the same way as Killie, St Johnstone etc do?

I'm sure Hibs fans would be quite happy in just the East and West.

A couple of points on this.

I don't think exiting the stadium would be a problem, as the visiting support at the south end of the West Stand could be let out of the gate that opens directly on to Albion Road, where the rest of the visitors are.

Segregation inside the upper section of the West stand wouldn't be a problem, as that end is already divided off from the rest of the stand. The problem would come in how you'd let fans enter and leave the lower section. It could mean having to allocate almost half of the lower West for visitors/segregation.

My final point is that, if we sold all but 2,000 or so seats against Hearts in such a cr*p season, we could surely sell more when we're doing well. On that basis, I'd like to see Hibs go with the current seating arrangements for next season at least before we start selling out more tickets to 'the enemy'.