hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!

Once again a good, fantastic, Hibs support let down be a few.

Lets not even excuse any of it by ‘we’re not as bad as them’ for xxx reason – who gives a monkeys about them or what. There's no excuse.

So why do some folk think its OK to chuck money, lighters, sunglasses towards the pitch? I’m not just meaning at Hertz games? Because 1 idiot does it does that mean that others without the means to think for themselves should follow like sheep?

I’m quite far up the back of the East and from my viewpoint I could see virtually none of these objects made it pitch side, never mind as far as the players. I know none were likely to cause serious injury but has anyone noticed there's a fair number of families down the front? The auld codgers who canny make it up the stairs? As a father of three I fully understand the irrational fear of impending death when your kids are in perceived danger! Jeez, if a kid did get hit by a 50p it could cost the club £1,000s in lost season ticket sales from that family and their friends. And its neither wonder there's a load of empty seats at these games and why some wouldn’t consider coming to a derby.

I know how disheartened the other Hibs 12th Man guys feel who organised a wee bit of fun and after all the work, and expense, they went to to provide 1,500 pairs of Proclaimers style sunglasses to see them being launched and landing in our own support.

Its just as well there were none of these chuckers around me, otherwise their seat numbers would be currently waiting in someone's inbox at the club asking what was going to be done about them. Anyone who feels they do not want to contact the club can do so through the Hibs 12th Man.

The match was frustrating, they are an odious opposition for all sorts of reasons. There's lots of good, fantastic things going on at our stadium these days lets not let a few spoil it for the thousands of others.

Jack
    On behalf of the Hibs 12th Man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    i know you should be able to do things like this but whos idea was it to put sunglasses in the east stand and what was their purpose!! as soon as i seen them i knew where they were going to end up

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I'm not being funny mate but how anyone could think giving everyone plastic sunglasses was a good idea is beyond me. As soon as I spotted them I said they'd end up on the park. Was this authorised by the club?

Having said that, I totally agree with the points you make. The behavour of some of our support at Derbies is a disgrace. Just pop into the toilets next time you're at Tynie.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I never got any sunglasses, is it because I'm not .net private member??

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never got any sunglasses, is it because I'm not .net private member??
    Nowt to do with hibs.net.
    But over 3000 posts without becoming a PM? Imagine how many more you could make with another forum to post on. Special offer today, just for you. One years Private Membership for a tenner or two years for twenty quid.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA12 View Post
    Nowt to do with hibs.net.
    But over 3000 posts without becoming a PM? Imagine how many more you could make with another forum to post on. Special offer today, just for you. One years Private Memebrship for a tenner or two years for twenty quid.

Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just to expand a bit and answer some of the points raised so far.

A full risk assessment was undertaken by those in the Hibs 12th Man team who were responsible for this. The bottom line was that the glasses were deemed no more likely to thrown than any other object that is allowed into the stadium. From where I was the glasses were a secondary copy cat reaction, perhaps the people who didn’t smoke or couldn’t afford 50p! Had the glasses not been there undoubtedly the other stuff would have still been thrown, as has happened in the past, that is the issue and that’s what continues to give our support a poor reputation, both within our own and more widely.

The Hibs support was, this aside, impeccably behaved yesterday and for most at the stadium I think, result aside, the ‘matchday experience’ would have been superb. Those elsewhere who look to deflect from their own problems wont be talking about that though.

The plan, as with most Hibs 12th Man stuff that happens on match day, was discussed with the club before hand and cleared at director level – I suspect they do their own risk assessment.

The purpose was to inject a bit of fun, looking like the Proclaimers (???), while singing Sunshine on Leith.

Jack
    On behalf of the Hibs 12th Man.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Thanks for the response. You're are correct, it wasn't the glasses that were the problem, it was the idiots who threw them. However it seems to have been a temptation the idiots couldn't resist.

I have to admit, I and nobody around me had the foggiest what they were about. We didn't get the Proclaimers link. Maybe I'm just a bit thick!

Drives me crazy seeing Hibs supporters throwing stuff on to the pitch.

Especially in the current climate, every pound is a prisoner for our board. And just as the SFA can't afford to divert grassroots money to tackling Celtic's legal eagles, we can't afford to throw money away at needless fines. Not when it could be put to better use in CC's player budget or at the Academy.

Also disappointing that the majority of songs coming from the East concerned Wallace Mercer or Craig Thomson. Not knocking guys who pay their way in to support the club and trying to generate an atmosphere, but isn't it possible to be more pro-Hibs and less anti-Hearts?

What is the official crowd size for yesterday?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    What is the official crowd size for yesterday?
    17793 according to BBC. Wish we'd been able to squeeze a few more in to break 18000 but it must be the biggest league derby attendance for a long time.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    17793 according to BBC. Wish we'd been able to squeeze a few more in to break 18000 but it must be the biggest league derby attendance for a long time.
    Highest since the millennium derby according to London Hearts. Crowd that night was 17954.

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/199912191.html

I think the PBS held about 18,000 ~10 years ago. They removed a few rows at each end around about the time Romanov bought them to allow European games to be played there.

I put this up on the Bounce as well.

Sadly there is an account of a Norwegian Hibs supporter over for the game who was hit on the head by a coin “must've been quite a gash as there was blood everywhere”.

If you were thinking twice about reporting someone for throwing stuff hopefully this will give you a nudge towards doing it.

None of us want to go home via A&E.
    Space to let

It's easy to explain this sort of behaviour by dressing it up as being 'in the heat of the moment'. For me though that's not an excuse.

Throwing something on to the park (or in this case at your own supporters in the front few rows) is just ****ing idiotic. All it does is land Hibs with a fine and increased Police and stewarding costs for the next derby, costs we can ill afford if we want to continue investing in the team next season.

Not content with costing the club money, lets just say you 'successfully' hit a player with a coin or whatever and are caught. Thats a trip to the Sheriff Court, a fine, a criminal record and a footballing banning order for 5 years. Oh aand don't forget it might well make the local paper so explaining it to your boss should be fun.

Just the derby atmosphere and bit of banter though eh? Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    Drives me crazy seeing Hibs supporters throwing stuff on to the pitch.

Especially in the current climate, every pound is a prisoner for our board. And just as the SFA can't afford to divert grassroots money to tackling Celtic's legal eagles, we can't afford to throw money away at needless fines. Not when it could be put to better use in CC's player budget or at the Academy.

Also disappointing that the majority of songs coming from the East concerned Wallace Mercer or Craig Thomson. Not knocking guys who pay their way in to support the club and trying to generate an atmosphere, but isn't it possible to be more pro-Hibs and less anti-Hearts?
    That's nothing mate - at McDiarmid more than half the songs were in these 2 categories or referred to Sodje's todger. Really pathetic. It does zilch to support the team and just makes us seem like we are the wee team i.e. obsessed with all things Hearts and small-minded

Our club deserves better! From Gordon Smith through Pat Stanton and Frank Sauzee we have always been about class.

These behaviours are an embarrasment to our beloved Hibernian FC

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    And yet there are sone numptys on here who will defend such actions as part of a passionate support and part of the derby atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    That's nothing mate - at McDiarmid more than half the songs were in these 2 categories or referred to Sodje's todger. Really pathetic. It does zilch to support the team and just makes us seem like we are the wee team i.e. obsessed with all things Hearts and small-minded

Our club deserves better! From Gordon Smith through Pat Stanton and Frank Sauzee we have always been about class.

Nail on the head. Plenty you can shout/sing in support of players, the team and the club. You know, put the 'support' into 'supporter' and actually encourage/motivate the team on the park to better things.

Sometimes I wonder if some people hate Hearts more than they support Hibs.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Im sure Sodje's todger isn't that small

Promising Youngster ForrieGreen's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x iMcEwan x
    tbh i sit in the west but i didn't really see any incidents in the east, the point i want to make is that i was there about 20 mins before kick-off and in the small amount of yams that were there at the time one of them was holding a big bloody beach ball so why did a steward not remove it, it was obvious what his intentions were. If i could see it from other side of west stand how can a steward a few yards away no see it.

Quote Originally Posted by razmc17 View Post
    tbh i sit in the west but i didn't really see any incidents in the east, the point i want to make is that i was there about 20 mins before kick-off and in the small amount of yams that were there at the time one of them was holding a big bloody beach ball so why did a steward not remove it, it was obvious what his intentions were. If i could see it from other side of west stand how can a steward a few yards away no see it.
    There were calls from some supporters from both sides to bring along beach balls because ‘it would be a good laugh’.

From where I was ‘sitting’ the 20, or so, beach balls that appeared were soon feeling a bit deflated as a garden fork made short work of them – a waste of money IMO for 2 minutes of fun, should anyone think of doing similar in future.
    Space to let

The only problem I have with beach balls being taken along is the total lack of originality being shown I don't really see why the stewards should confiscate them either, I don't know of anybody that has suffered a beach ball related injury.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    If shouting 'beast' at a player (even if he's one of them) is being a supporter then I'm giving it all up.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    If shouting 'beast' at a player (even if he's one of them) is being a supporter then I'm giving it all up.
    Totally agree. I had to stop my nine year old boy innocently joining in with that one. It's just plain wrong.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The only problem I have with beach balls being taken along is the total lack of originality being shown I don't really see why the stewards should confiscate them either, I don't know of anybody that has suffered a beach ball related injury.
    Apart from sand getting skiffed up my birds rear end.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    I'm definitely for bringing beach balls as it adds to the colour, as i am with streamers etc aswell... but it's a bit pointless if your bringing them solely to punch them onto the pitch the minute you inflate them cause someone will burst it within seconds. But i like seeing all the beach balls, flags, streamers and balloons if it's to add to the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I do Liverpool v Sunderland They were hurting all season.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I did something yesterday that I have never done before, I "grassed" on a fellow hibby. The moron in front of me threw a hand full of loose change, just missing Bouzids(sp) head, as well as countless pairs of specs onto the pitch. I have been thrown out of many games over the years so I am no angel, but I was disgusted by these actions, which the lad made no attempt to hide. This was seen by stewards who were too timid to act. Eventually it was a choice between lamping him or getting him chucked out so I grabbed the nearest copper and told him to get the lad to ****. 2 of the lads who I was with were hit by missles thrown from behind us which were aimed at Thomson, and in the second half it very nearly kicked off with the dafties mate who was left. All this pretty much ruined my first day out at the football for months, and I'm left with the feeling that I would have enjoyed the day a lot more if I had sparked the lad out instead of getting him huckled.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post
    I did something yesterday that I have never done before, I "grassed" on a fellow hibby. The moron in front of me threw a hand full of loose change, just missing Bouzids(sp) head, as well as countless pairs of specs onto the pitch. I have been thrown out of many games over the years so I am no angel, but I was disgusted by these actions, which the lad made no attempt to hide. This was seen by stewards who were too timid to act. Eventually it was a choice between lamping him or getting him chucked out so I grabbed the nearest copper and told him to get the lad to ****. 2 of the lads who I was with were hit by missles thrown from behind us which were aimed at Thomson, and in the second half it very nearly kicked off with the dafties mate who was left. All this pretty much ruined my first day out at the football for months, and I'm left with the feeling that I would have enjoyed the day a lot more if I had sparked the lad out instead of getting him huckled.
    Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post
    Well done mate

These **** are going to learn that we Hibbies won't put up with folk soiling the name of this great club

Shop em - Bin em - Zero tolerance for vermin

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Well done mate

These **** are going to learn that we Hibbies won't put up with folk soiling the name of this great club

Shop em - Bin em - Zero tolerance for vermin
    while i fully agree with most posters thoughts regarding those moronic eejits, is calling fellow hibby's vermin not a tad extreme ?? misguided yes....but hardly vermin, leave that crap for paedo's etc etc eh