hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: metro newspaper

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

metro newspaper

calderwood quoted as saying several first team players have been told contracts wont b renewed and also saying no names will be given as to who these guys are at the time being.

Got to question the timing of this announcement to be honest, hearts sunday celtic wednesday and still a slim chance of a top 6 finish.

I trust calderwoods judgement none the less and it makes for an exciting summer of recruitment from a fans point of veiw

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    they were probably told weeks ago to be honest.

Also, probably not many of our first 11 in this bracket.

Whoever has been told will have their agent working for them, so clubs will be watching them already, so they will need to try and impress potential new clubs if they do get any game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    calderwood quoted as saying several first team players have been told contracts wont b renewed and also saying no names will be given as to who these guys are at the time being.

Got to question the timing of this announcement to be honest, hearts sunday celtic wednesday and still a slim chance of a top 6 finish.

I trust calderwoods judgement none the less and it makes for an exciting summer of recruitment from a fans point of veiw

Don't think you are correct on that one
    I am " led to beloeve " that at the same timr as Mcbride was released six others were told " cintracts would not be renewed "

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

aye i agree, its just the worry for injury if they do get game time that worrys me, some of them didnt put much effort in before never mind now they know there out the door

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Don't think you are correct on that one
    I am " led to beloeve " that at the same timr as Mcbride was released six others were told " cintracts would not be renewed "
    Thats maybe true mate im not denying that but he kept them quiet and told us mcbride was leaving then in the run up to a derby he tells everyone 6 others are goin? I just feel that this sort of thing could have been kept in house untill the chances of a top 6 finish is over (meaning seasons over really)

As i said before its not an attack on calderwood i have every faith in the guy i just dont see why this is announced now

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    aye i agree, its just the worry for injury if they do get game time that worrys me, some of them didnt put much effort in before never mind now they know there out the door
    In this case, they would only be letting themselves and potential suitors down! I think it is both good judgment and timing because the players involved will be relieved to know where they stand at the club and it also means that players will have to put in a good shift/performance for another club to want them.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 30-03-2011 at 10:16 AM.

If players aren't going to get new contracts, it is only right to let them and their representatives know. I'd imagine that they've all known for a while.

The fact that it is now being reported is neither here nor there.