hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, the game can go like that at times. How did you get on in the championship?
    LOL

lost.

21-20

Somehow managed to hang in there but was always just a wee bit too far away then at 20-14 i've picked up a 4 then a 2. Last end i've trailed the jack a wee bit then in a exact replica of what happened on Tuesday he's come up and knocked my bowl out the way and just lay on top of the jack himself. I had one bowl to knock it out but messed it up.

i'm actually sick!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Nae luck Mike. Great fightback though. Got to take heart from that.

Won 21-5 in the Scottish pairs tonight ...so far this season ..played 3 ..won 3 ..

2 bowl single hand tomorrow morn then 2 bowl Hope pairs next Wed ..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Won 21-5 in the Scottish pairs tonight ...so far this season ..played 3 ..won 3 ..

2 bowl single hand tomorrow morn then 2 bowl Hope pairs next Wed ..
    Good start to the season; stick in!

Esk League Fixtures (Week 7) - Friday 3rd June

Polton v Dalkeith (1)
    Arniston v Dalkeith (2)
    Dalkeith (3)
    v Kirkhill

Quote Originally Posted by James Connolly View Post
    Good start to the season; stick in!
    Cheers mate ..opponent couldnt make yest so I was given the tie ..

3rd round of championship ..3rd round of 2 bowl single hand ..QF of 2 bowl pairs & QF of Scottish pairs ...gave handicap away ..still to play triples & rinks..

Ready for the imminent implosion...

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    We had a great results for the 2nds last night with a 5-4 victory over craigintiny, great result for us!

However the 1st team went down 9-0 away to same opposition, things can only get better!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    We had a great results for the 2nds last night with a 5-4 victory over craigintiny, great result for us!

However the 1st team went down 9-0 away to same opposition, things can only get better!!
    Great result Lee. Craigie are very strong throughout all their teams.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Tanfield beat our young hopeful in the District 11 Scottish Singles semi-final last night on his own patch. It was a good 21-13 win for Andrew, who manage to pull away in the later stages after being 7-10 down. A bit lucky with his last bowl to win the game (still must have had that lucky smelly stuff on his shoes that was there on Saturday against the mighty Northern Hibees ) but it was a deserved win.

Congratulations Andrew, I will be along at Wardie on Friday giving you my support and good luck on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Tanfield beat our young hopeful in the District 11 Scottish Singles semi-final last night on his own patch. It was a good 21-13 win for Andrew, who manage to pull away in the later stages after being 7-10 down. A bit lucky with his last bowl to win the game (still must have had that lucky smelly stuff on his shoes that was there on Saturday against the mighty Northern Hibees ) but it was a deserved win.

Congratulations Andrew, I will be along at Wardie on Friday giving you my support and good luck on the night.

Ah well done Captain Sneddon. You've clearly learned a lot and picked up many tips from those world class players that gave you a roasting on Saturday. You keep watching those guys and learning from them and you'll go far in the game!!

I'm planning on going along as well on Friday to support the 2 Northern rinks and now yourself of course!

Any idea on who you are playing?

The finals on Friday at Wardie are:

Singles
    Grant Walker (Blackhall) v Andy Sneddon (Tanfield)

Junior Singles
    Josh Spalding (Craigentinny) v Jamie McIntosh (Tanfield)

Pairs
    Wardie v Leith

Triples
    Craigentinny v Northern

Fours
    Queensberry v Maitland

Senior Fours
    Craigentinny v Northern

Conceded all my ties tonight ..thinking of giving up the game altogether now ..

Was going great guns but all bar one of my next round ties have to be played by the next 3 weeks ..im on holiday as is my bowling partner...absolutley gutted but work & family come first ..

The dates are utter bollox too with all or most QTR finals to be played between 3rd or 5th July..

The green doesnae shut till ****ing September !!!

Got 2 sets o size fives, a set o 7 1/2's & a bowling bag if anyone is interested ..

****ing scunnered !!!

Go on your holidays, come back refreshed & relaxed Kenny, move house during the winter to the canonmills area and join the NORTHERN, all your problems will be solved mate.

Don't give up Kenny, need your skills

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Conceded all my ties tonight ..thinking of giving up the game altogether now ..

Was going great guns but all bar one of my next round ties have to be played by the next 3 weeks ..im on holiday as is my bowling partner...absolutley gutted but work & family come first ..

The dates are utter bollox too with all or most QTR finals to be played between 3rd or 5th July..

The green doesnae shut till ****ing September !!!

Got 2 sets o size fives, a set o 7 1/2's & a bowling bag if anyone is interested ..

****ing scunnered !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Go on your holidays, come back refreshed & relaxed Kenny, move house during the winter to the canonmills area and join the NORTHERN, all your problems will be solved mate.

Don't give up Kenny, need your skills
    I have tae say to the Wife that we have to change the date of future holidays ...they are bang on the wrong bloody times !!...

The club could have stretched the pairs in to early August though to at least give folk a chance ..when I was along last night there was 5 ties given away by others too with more to come ..the guy's doing the draws are gonna have to re-think things to avoid the same chaos next year ..

Esk League Fixtures (Week 7) - Friday 3rd June

Polton v Dalkeith (1)
    Arniston v Dalkeith (2)
    Dalkeith (3) v Kirkhill
    Team 1 won 6-2
    Team 2 drew 4-4
    Team 3 beat 2-6

Esk League Week 8 Fixtures - Friday 10th June

Dalkeith (1)
    v Rosewell - Div 2

Dalkeith (2) v Polton - Div 2

Loanhead W (2) v Dalkeith (3) - Div 4

Quote Originally Posted by sg7nil View Post
    The finals on Friday at Wardie are:

Singles
    Andy Sneddon (Tanfield)

Junior Singles
    Josh Spalding (Craigentinny)

Pairs
    Leith

Triples
    Craigentinny

Fours
    Queensberry

Senior Fours
    Craigentinny
    The winners above. Leith and craigentinny triples won by a fair bit. Close in the junior singles. Senior 4's won by 1 shot and our very own Hibs.net champion won 21-17 I think. Was a fair bit ahead then grant from blackhall came right back into it!

Well done Andy!!

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    The winners above. Leith and craigentinny triples won by a fair bit. Close in the junior singles. Senior 4's won by 1 shot and our very own Hibs.net champion won 21-17 I think. Was a fair bit ahead then grant from blackhall came right back into it!

Well done Andy!!
    Cheers Mike. It's just as well I built up a lead at the start as Grant came right back into it. Delighted to get through to Ayr again!

Esk League Week 8 Fixtures - Friday 10th June

Dalkeith (1) v Rosewell - Div 2

Dalkeith (2) v Polton - Div 2

Loanhead W (2) v Dalkeith (3) - Div 4
    Team 1 won 8-0
    Team 2 won 7-1
    Team 3 lost 2-6

Cheers Mike. It's just as well I built up a lead at the start as Grant came right back into it. Delighted to get through to Ayr again!
    Well done Andy ..fantastic stuff Captain ..

Team 1 won 8-0
    Team 2 won 7-1
    Team 3 lost 2-6
    Loanhead Welfare ..not been up there for a while ..

Keep up the good work ..

Jewel lost for the first time last week away to Gilmerton private 6-2 ..hopefully they bounced back Friday night ..

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Well done Andy!!

Well done Andy.

The bit in bold has got me thinking though, maybe we could have our own championship. Everyone enters at the start of the season, the draw is made and whoever is drawn out first is "home" and plays their opponent on their own green.

What does everyone think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Well done Andy.

The bit in bold has got me thinking though, maybe we could have our own championship. Everyone enters at the start of the season, the draw is made and whoever is drawn out first is "home" and plays their opponent on their own green.

What does everyone think of that?
    Great idea Dean. If it could be slotted in with other ties I see no reason why we couldn't do something like this.

Could either be a round robin or knockout basis.

If fitting it in with other ties is problematic could hold a one day event perhaps in late Aug early Sept once the outdoor season calms down.

Certainly enough good bowlers on .net.
    Last edited by tanfield; 12-06-2011 at 02:57 PM.

I would definitely be up for that. I think a one day thing at a specified club would be the best way to go. It would save on hassle of travelling god knows where on a thursday night or something. It would make it more of an occasion as well if everyone is together in the same place.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Great idea Dean. If it could be slotted in with other ties I see no reason why we couldn't do something like this.

Could either be a round robin or knockout basis.

If fitting it in with other ties is problematic could hold a one day event perhaps in late Aug early Sept once the outdoor season calms down.

Certainly enough good bowlers on .net.
    I would definitely be up for that. I think a one day thing at a specified club would be the best way to go. It would save on hassle of travelling god knows where on a thursday night or something. It would make it more of an occasion as well if everyone is together in the same place.
    Good points, I reckon a one day thing would definitely be better if there was a club willing to host it.
    Last edited by Speedy; 12-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Sounds like a decent idea, but the main issue when organising singles tournaments is finding markers for the ties.

Best to state at the start that the loser of the previous tie HAS to mark the next tie on, otherwise it's not very good having to run around setting your own jack etc.

Sounds like a decent idea, but the main issue when organising singles tournaments is finding markers for the ties.

Best to state at the start that the loser of the previous tie HAS to mark the next tie on, otherwise it's not very good having to run around setting your own jack etc.
    Plus some people might not turn up for it when they have said they will

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Good points, I reckon a one day thing would definitely be better if there was a club willing to host it.
    I'm sure I could find a Saturday or Sunday free at the Northern towards the end of the season, if everybody was up for it.

Having a quick look at our fixture card, the weekend of Sat/Sun Sept 24/25 is a possibility. This would have to depend on the football fixtures of course as MOST of us will DESPERATE to get back to ER to watch all C.C's new signings.
    Last edited by MB62; 13-06-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Well if we were to do it on a groups then knockout basis you could just say for example that groups A & B play first, players in groups C have to mark group A games and group D players have to mark group B games and vice versa when Groups C & D are playing. It doesnt even have to be as organised as that. Just anyone who isn't playing is obligied to mark. As long as everyone takes their fair share it'll all be fine.

I think we have to see if there's a worthwhile number of players interested first then get a venue.

Esk League Week 9 Fixtures - Friday 17th June

Inveresk v Dalkeith (1)
    Rosewell v Dalkeith (2)
    Dalkeith (3)
    v Bilston