hibs.net Messageboard

Podcasts/audiobook recommendations

Anyone listening to anything good or got any recommendations. Do prefer football based listening but willing to branch out.

Have listened to a couple SAF ones, Martin O’Neill self narrated audiobook was great as I find him quite knowledgable and easy to listen to. Have also listened to Kevin bridges audiobook which was great.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've around an hour or so left of SAF first autobiography and enjoying it mostly.

As I grew up "following" (watching) United in the 90s I've been leaning towards them in my search for online listening. Stick to football is great,dynamic between the guys works well imo. But a really enjoyable audiobook was the story of the 99 treble. Again though my leanings probably edged me towards it.

Also in the market for recommendations

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    If you’re an Alan Partridge fan then his audiobooks, narrated by Steve Coogan as Partridge, are brilliant.

A podcast I enjoyed is Wind of Change, about the theory that the CIA were behind the Scorpions song. It features some great stories.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've around an hour or so left of SAF first autobiography and enjoying it mostly.

As I grew up "following" (watching) United in the 90s I've been leaning towards them in my search for online listening. Stick to football is great,dynamic between the guys works well imo. But a really enjoyable audiobook was the story of the 99 treble. Again though my leanings probably edged me towards it.

Also in the market for recommendations
    Stick to football is very good. Enjoyed the OGS episode. Really showed up MU’s signing policy over last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Stick to football is very good. Enjoyed the OGS episode. Really showed up MU’s signing policy over last few years
    Fantastic listening Trinity. Quite the insight in to the state of the club overall. Players refusing to be captain and then asking which players didn't fancy playing for him at half time in his last game.

Worth a listen for anyone interested

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Top Flight Time Machine is excellent, very loosely football based, and really funny.

I've been listening to The Rest Is Politics, which is decent, and Bring on the Guillotine with Frankie Boyle and Susie McCabe and a guy whose name I can't remember. Can't make my mind up if I really like it though, only a few episodes in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    The Rest is Politics & Leading (Alistair Campbell & Rory Stewart)
    Top Flight Time Machine (childish fun)
    The Trial (started with Lucy Letby but has moved on to other high profile trials)
    The News Agents & News Agents USA
    Prosecuting Donald Trump
    The Rest is Entertainment
    Rockonteurs
    Life Goals with Theo Delaney
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    If you are interested in the law and trials, The storyteller: Naked Villainy is a very good podcast. I never do patreon but this is one I'd recommend you pay for the extra episodes but it's not necessary. There's a few cases on it but the murder of Brenda Paige is the latest one.

The rest is entertainment is good.

I love Restless natives for light fun listening

The trial of Lucy letby is harrowing but worth listening to.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Listen to the Blindboy podcast every week.

Boxing life stories by Tris Dixon is brilliant.

A history of rock music in 500 songs.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Listen to the Blindboy podcast every week.

Boxing life stories by Tris Dixon is brilliant.

A history of rock music in 500 songs.
    I’ve just started listening to the 500 songs podcast, from episode 1. I’m enjoying it so far but it’s going to take a looooong time to get through them.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Here comes the guillotine is quite a good listen. Frankie Boyle, Susie McCabe and Chris MacArthur-Boyd chatting **** for an hour every Monday. Can be hit or miss but it usually has a few laughs.
    Restless Natives has been good recently too, some good guests on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Full disclosure with James O’Brien is very good. Louis Theroux podcast. Life goals Theo Delaney. Not a podcast but desert island discs good also. Mostly enjoy one to one interviews.