hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ah well that's another gowf season just about bit the dust. I've a Texas Scramble on Saturday then I'm playing at Whitekirk the following week in an invitation Tri-Am. (I'll still have time to hit ER in the afternoon though)

Thereafter there are a couple of re-arranged fixtures to fit in before the end of October but I'll probably give them a miss as our hooligan greenkeepers are about to hollow tine and sand the greens as part of the winter program so they'll be in a bit of a mess for the next 4 weeks or so.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was lucky enough to be invited for a game at Gullane number 1 today. What a brilliant course in great nick. Not a trace of mud to be found anywhere despite the recent weather. Simply class!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was lucky enough to be invited for a game at Gullane number 1 today. What a brilliant course in great nick. Not a trace of mud to be found anywhere despite the recent weather. Simply class!
    Jammy Bugga. Mate at work announced he has just joined Craigielaw on some sort of corporate deal for a little over £600. Full 7day membership. He better get the invites rolled out over the winter. Between him and my laddie who is also at Dunbar as well as Harburn I might actually get a game or two over the winter.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Probably got my last away trip of the season tomorrow, fortunate to have been invited to play Kingsbarns, really looking forward to it mind you doesnt look like its going to be the best day for links golf!

Magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Probably got my last away trip of the season tomorrow, fortunate to have been invited to play Kingsbarns, really looking forward to it mind you doesnt look like its going to be the best day for links golf!
    THE Best

Does Kingsbarns still shut over the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Does Kingsbarns still shut over the winter?
    I can't be certain but I think I recollect reading something about that they're due to close mid November until 31/3/2012. I've had a quick look at their website and you can see from their webcam that the course is open today. Some unfortunate gowfer can clearly be seen howkin his ball back out of the burn.

Kingsbarns is my favourite out of all the courses in St Andrews --------- *loody expensive mind you!
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 21-10-2011 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    What a cracking day today at Kingsbarns, course really is something special. Most of these courses you can pick out a few holes that are pretty special, well at Kingbarns you could pick out nearly every hole being like that. You then get holes like 12 and 15 that are extra special!

It would normally be very expensive to play, £185 I think, I was lucky to get to play for free so can't complain about the price

What a cracking day today at Kingsbarns, course really is something special. Most of these courses you can pick out a few holes that are pretty special, well at Kingbarns you could pick out nearly every hole being like that. You then get holes like 12 and 15 that are extra special!

It would normally be very expensive to play, £185 I think, I was lucky to get to play for free so can't complain about the price
    If you are affiliated to a Scottish club, then you can get a game courtesy of the Scottish Golf Union scheme for £88 a head. Hardly a bargain but a big improvement on £185.

Hoever it is a real quality golf course - no doubt about that.

And your scorecard read what?

Dunbar tomorrow. Weathers to be reasonable. Looking firward to it.

After getting to the 14th tee two over after bogeys at the first and fourth the wheels came off as they say. Doubled 14 from a fairway bunker. Back to back bogeys at 15 & 16. Solid par at 17 and another double down the last that included a Lucy Locket. Didnt break 80 and slightly cheesed off. Hit the ball very solid too. Roll on April.

Yesterday was the first time i had hit a ball in 3 weeks, and it was pretty poor. Today was much better so range for the 3rd day tomorrow and then hopefully get it consistently good rather than the odd bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    After getting to the 14th tee two over after bogeys at the first and fourth the wheels came off as they say. Doubled 14 from a fairway bunker. Back to back bogeys at 15 & 16. Solid par at 17 and another double down the last that included a Lucy Locket. Didnt break 80 and slightly cheesed off. Hit the ball very solid too. Roll on April.
    The last hole can be a bit of a bassa. I'm sure that wall up the right hand side was built on castors as it invariably makes its way to the middle of the fairway.

The last hole can be a bit of a bassa. I'm sure that wall up the right hand side was built on castors as it invariably makes its way to the middle of the fairway.

Short with my second from the middle of said fairway and the lucy put the ball up against te wall to the right of the green. Bloody thing.

Well i went to the range again as i said i would in the quote below, and it was a big improvement. I think the 3 week break has refreshed me a bit as my swing feels much better. Today i planned on hitting about 25 balls then leaving as it wasn't the best of days wind wise, but i was hitting it great so stayed for ages hitting ball after ball, and i really was striking them well.

Just going to keep going and hitting my 7 iron like this, until i have the confidence of going on the course and doing it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Yesterday was the first time i had hit a ball in 3 weeks, and it was pretty poor. Today was much better so range for the 3rd day tomorrow and then hopefully get it consistently good rather than the odd bad one.