hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

The golf has started

Nice weather out yesterday at Gifford for the 1st real round of the year [sorry Broxburn ] Cheers cocopops, and out today at Baberton net 66,

Who else has started playing again? :need a golf smiley:

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Nice weather out yesterday at Gifford for the 1st real round of the year [sorry Broxburn ] Cheers cocopops, and out today at Baberton net 66,

I never stopped (except for the snow at the end of last year).

Play Musselburgh Old Course pretty much every weekend -- unless there is horse racing on! (sometimes manage two rounds). Cheapest golf in the Lothians (I think it's around £142 next year) by a mile and the course isn't bad (and it has hosted 6 Open Championships!). Visitors pay through the nose though.. it's about £12 for 9 holes!

Am off tomorrow and thinking of taking my clubs for a walk .

Would be nice to play somewhere different .. any offers?

Never really stopped playing throughout the winter, weather permitting obviously.

Got the season opener this Saturday, a team scramble then the first medal proper on April 2nd.

Been playing a winter stableford league as well as some winter doubles so still got a good competitive feel. Had an hour with the pro the other day just to tidy things up so ready to come flying out the traps.

Summer tees were back in action yesterday and manged to get a round in, gross 69, net 67 so no complaints from me.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

What you wantin for a fiver

I'm off again in a fortnights time if anyone wants a hit round Turnhouse.

Be back to the proper course by then
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

i am a member at turnhouse also must get a game

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Think a wee trip to the driving range is in order this evening.

Glorious on Tayside.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've been playing at Whitekirk this afternoon on a glorious Spring day. The course was pretty quiet and in good nick. I played reasonably well and won at the last hole where a humble par was good enough to take the money.

Happy days indeed.

Last edited by Golden Bear; 24-03-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Been playing thru the winter, snow excluded!Starting to hit it rather well, should have won last weeks monthly medal but messed up 10-13...dropped 9 shots Got a tri-am this weekend, should be good fun.

Played today with the newly purchased rife putter from Gaz, it worked a treat, well happy with it.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Anytime Gaz
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Started back this week.
    Raging today though. My third ever ace at the third today and have yet to actually see one go in.
    Played of my stupid mat as one of the green keepers was driving down the path next to the tee. He stops and asked if I wanted a shot of the newly constructed all weather tee at the back edge as we will be off that on Saturday for the first time. Off I goes 7 Iron in hand and truth be known I tugged it a little. We both thought it was in the left hand bunker. We blethered for a minute or so and off I went. Putted my first ball up to holeside and went over to the bunker. No sign of it. Looked in the two bunkers at the back thinking it must have cleared the one on the left and no sign of it there either. Hunted up and down the left side then gave up and canned the first ball. The second ball off the new tee was in the hole.
    Special mention to Bob Rotella and his book "Golf is not a game of perfect".

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Started back this week.
    Raging today though. My third ever ace at the third today and have yet to actually see one go in.
    Played of my stupid mat as one of the green keepers was driving down the path next to the tee. He stops and asked if I wanted a shot of the newly constructed all weather tee at the back edge as we will be off that on Saturday for the first time. Off I goes 7 Iron in hand and truth be known I tugged it a little. We both thought it was in the left hand bunker. We blethered for a minute or so and off I went. Putted my first ball up to holeside and went over to the bunker. No sign of it. Looked in the two bunkers at the back thinking it must have cleared the one on the left and no sign of it there either. Hunted up and down the left side then gave up and canned the first ball. The second ball off the new tee was in the hole.
    Special mention to Bob Rotella and his book "Golf is not a game of perfect".
    It's quite impressive what they've done to the third hole actually. They've really added a lot to it by creating the new bunkers, elevated tee and shrubbery at the back of it.

Small things, but they make a big difference.

Thought Harburn was looking good on Saturday actually, considering the soil type and amount of rain/snow it's been subject to over the winter. Greens were a wee bit hairy, but better than many I've played over the winter.

If only they'd pay their heating bill and get the boiler turned back on
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    It's quite impressive what they've done to the third hole actually. They've really added a lot to it by creating the new bunkers, elevated tee and shrubbery at the back of it.

Small things, but they make a big difference.

Thought Harburn was looking good on Saturday actually, considering the soil type and amount of rain/snow it's been subject to over the winter. Greens were a wee bit hairy, but better than many I've played over the winter.

If only they'd pay their heating bill and get the boiler turned back on
    Heatings fixed.

I joined Turnhouse last year after many years at Dalmahoy. My son is member at Turnhouse also and has been playing every weekend so i need to get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    I joined Turnhouse last year after many years at Dalmahoy. My son is member at Turnhouse also and has been playing every weekend so i need to get back into it.
    I have been there 16 years now my dad is the captain. And my bro has won the championship a few times. I have never reached those dizzy heights but was beat in the junior champ final twice and been beaten in 2 turnhouse open finals.

Gamer IDs

I have been there 16 years now my dad is the captain. And my bro has won the championship a few times. I have never reached those dizzy heights but was beat in the junior champ final twice and been beaten in 2 turnhouse open finals.
    Know your dad well Gary - played with him a couple of times over the winter.

All us hibbies need to stick together in there

Nice one, must be a decent player. I'm off 6 at the mo. Need to get a hit sometime.My lad picked up 5 medals/cups at the junior prize giving last week. He was made up when Andrew Coltart commented on how many times he went up to collect

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Nice one, must be a decent player. I'm off 6 at the mo. Need to get a hit sometime.My lad picked up 5 medals/cups at the junior prize giving last week. He was made up when Andrew Coltart commented on how many times he went up to collect
    I am off 6 as well

ha ha class my brother was there with his eldest she joined this year. My brother and Coltart were room mates at college in texas i believe they are going out for a game when he gets back from the kenyan open

REAL gowfers gowf all year

Won the winter eclectic with the lads Leading the spring one too after 3 weeks.

Finished in top 5 of Winter League - too many bandits - so that was a good result

Won my Vice (that's me) v Captain match on 18th, and 5-3 win overall!

Nae golf this weekend - but off next week, and lads jolly 36-hole outing a week on Thursday!

Winter Cup last Saturday. Least said the better. OOB off the first tee First time in as long as I can remember. Followed that with 2 balls OOB on the 4th but remembered how to play the back nine.

My Laddie won it with a scratch 67 and followed up winning the Midlothian Winter League individual Championship on the Sunday with a 69. (oo er missus).
    He is now officially off +1 the wee bugger. He must be the Milkmans.

Onward and upwards for me. First medal on Wednesday and cannae wait.

Winter Cup last Saturday. Least said the better. OOB off the first tee First time in as long as I can remember. Followed that with 2 balls OOB on the 4th but remembered how to play the back nine.

My Laddie won it with a scratch 67 and followed up winning the Midlothian Winter League individual Championship on the Sunday with a 69. (oo er missus).
    He is now officially off +1 the wee bugger. He must be the Milkmans.

Onward and upwards for me. First medal on Wednesday and cannae wait.
    Snap. Drove the ball about 30 yards over the perimieter wall.

Was 2 over through 9, didn't have a birdie until the 13th and then managed another birdie at 18 for a level par round.

Got a medal tommorow so hoping i can remember how to hit the ball by 10AM or it could be .1 onto the handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Snap. Drove the ball about 30 yards over the perimieter wall.

Was 2 over through 9, didn't have a birdie until the 13th and then managed another birdie at 18 for a level par round.

Got a medal tommorow so hoping i can remember how to hit the ball by 10AM or it could be .1 onto the handicap.
    Where are you playing your Golf PB?

Where are you playing your Golf PB?
    Lothianburn at the moment.

I reckon this will be my last season there though. Got a couple of mates who are members at Gullane so fancy going down and joining them.

Lothianburn at the moment.

I reckon this will be my last season there though. Got a couple of mates who are members at Gullane so fancy going down and joining them.
    Had plenty opportunities to play Lothianburn but never really fancied it. Looks a bit hilly to be honest. I will get you up to Harburn if you fancy that at some point.
    Gullanes cracking. I work in Haddington and have been threatening to join somewhere down the coast to continue to play over the winter. I would like somewhere on the way home (ish)

Had plenty opportunities to play Lothianburn but never really fancied it. Looks a bit hilly to be honest. I will get you up to Harburn if you fancy that at some point.
    Gullanes cracking. I work in Haddington and have been threatening to join somewhere down the coast to continue to play over the winter. I would like somewhere on the way home (ish)
    Lothianburn is a strange course, you're very aware you're playing on a hillside but theres only one really big climb (up the 9th). I just fancy a change TBH, was thinking about moving at the start of this season but decided to give it another year.

Harburn sounds good, give me a shout at some point during the season and i'd be keen for a hit round there.

Played Gullane a few times and always enjoyed it. It's pretty much a toss up between there and Cardrona for next season for me.

Lothianburn is a strange course, you're very aware you're playing on a hillside but theres only one really big climb (up the 9th). I just fancy a change TBH, was thinking about moving at the start of this season but decided to give it another year.

Harburn sounds good, give me a shout at some point during the season and i'd be keen for a hit round there.

Played Gullane a few times and always enjoyed it. It's pretty much a toss up between there and Cardrona for next season for me.
    If you dont mind your course not being on your doorstep (and there is a lot of real estate between Gullane and Cardrona) Newbattle might be an option. Always in good nick and the greens are always very good. I dont know for sure but I reckon it would be a lot less expensive than the other two.

Funnily enough I just joined there last week!

It's a challenging course but tends to get really wet because of poor drainage which can be traced back to when the course was constructed.

It's in pretty good nick right now it's got to be said.

If you dont mind your course not being on your doorstep (and there is a lot of real estate between Gullane and Cardrona) Newbattle might be an option. Always in good nick and the greens are always very good. I dont know for sure but I reckon it would be a lot less expensive than the other two.
    Membership details for Cardrona - it's not too bad at that I don't think.

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/cardrona/golf/

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    First medal on Saturday and I've been diagnosed with tendonitis in my shoulder.

Last March I slipped a disc, think I'm cursed.

I went along to Bathgate to pick up my fixture card and play a few holes on Sunday but it turned out to be opening day . It was bloody heaving so I just picked up my card and bumped into Steven Gallagher. I asked him why he wasn't playing in Morocco and he said that as an honourary member, he always goes to the opening day to do his bit for the club.

Seen him out a few times but never spoken to him but he seems like a top bloke.

My other mate that was in with me said "Who was that that you were talking to???"

Playing tomorrow morning so I'll see how we go.