hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Brown collecting his loser's medal.

Now I know he would have been disappointed and feeling down, but did anyone notice his body language and attitude when he led Celtic up to collect their medals. He walked along the passageway without looking at the presentation party, ignored them and stared directly in front of himself. He grabbed his medal without any acknowledgement or thanks or even hesitating for a second and walked on petulantly. I never liked his attitude when he was with us and his behaviour today marks him as an ignorant, classless idiot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Scott Brown is a fanny.

He's now 'Celtic-minded' and a complete and utter bawbag.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Don't see anything wrong with it in the slightest, he captained (i think) a side to a defeat. I would be very pissed off as well.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't see anything wrong with it in the slightest, he captained (i think) a side to a defeat. I would be very pissed off as well.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    He had a big fat L for loser on his coupon

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

He had to walk up the steps with hun hoardes shouting abuse at him. As far as I could see he kept his cool. He'd just lost a final ffs. OP a bit too critical imo.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Scott Brown is a fanny.

He's now 'Celtic-minded' and a complete and utter bawbag.

I actually think Celtic lost their way when he went off , think they were winning the midfield battle with him in there until then.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Agreed.

Over the years I've been unfortunate enough to watch a few Hibs teams making that climb for the runners up medals. Can't recall a single one of them stopping for a chat and a laugh and if they had you can imagine the reaction.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's with Celtic now so no surprise. It was probably a conspiracy of some sort

As for Brown. His career has died on his erse there. I really wish he went to England. I think it's safe to say Celtic haven't got their £5.5m worth out of him which makes me very happy. the fact that they are spewing a reported £30k a week on him makes me even happier

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Now I know he would have been disappointed and feeling down, but did anyone notice his body language and attitude when he led Celtic up to collect their medals. He walked along the passageway without looking at the presentation party, ignored them and stared directly in front of himself. He grabbed his medal without any acknowledgement or thanks or even hesitating for a second and walked on petulantly. I never liked his attitude when he was with us and his behaviour today marks him as an ignorant, classless idiot.
    Saw nothing I haven't seen before at a cup final from a loser! Nothing wrong with his behaviour IMO.

He should be told he's in the footsteps of the likes of Billy McNeill and he should grow up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He's with Celtic now so no surprise. It was probably a conspiracy of some sort

As for Brown. His career has died on his erse there. I really wish he went to England. I think it's safe to say Celtic haven't got their £5.5m worth out of him which makes me very happy. the fact that they are spewing a reported £30k a week on him makes me even happier

He has stagnated big time, if not gone backwards, at Celtc.

He really needed to go down south and test himself at a better level, with Celtc bar a few European games every season he is playing the same dross he was playing when was at Hibs. Unfortunately yet another young Scottish player showed a total lack of ambition or a preference for cash over football and he has paid for it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    He should be told he's in the footsteps of the likes of Billy McNeill and he should grow up a bit.
    Why? Would Billy McNeill have had a laugh whilst collecting his losers medal and then have stayed on the steps to give every Rangers player a pat on the back before cartwheeling down the steps shouting it's the taking part that matters!!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This will be the same Billy McNeill who collected his loser's medal in the 73 Cup Final, with a face like thunder, and then stuck up 8 fingers to the Celtic faithful to signify the number of leagues they has won on the trot. Classy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Over the years I've been unfortunate enough to watch a few Hibs teams making that climb for the runners up medals. Can't recall a single one of them stopping for a chat and a laugh and if they had you can imagine the reaction.
    I'm not suggesting this. All I'm saying is that it's only common courtesy and decency to at least glance in the direction of someone who is handing something to you and possibly addressing you in some way. Despite the almost unanimous ' defence' here of Brown's pig-ignorance, I personally think he's a classless individual............... so there.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with the OP. There is being disappointed but not to aknowledge those dishing out the medals is the stuff of school kids.

I think you can tell a lot about someone by how they deal with disappointment. He needs to man up.

Can't believe you even bothered to watch it that far tbh.

Couldn't care which of the two won.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Can't believe you even bothered to watch it that far tbh.

Couldn't care which of the two won.

turned over to watch Chelsea v Man City, not a great game but at least none of them were the old firm with their knuckle dragging followers in the stands.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Yip, turned over the second the FT whistle went. Had no interest in seeing either of them celebrate.

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Agree with the OP. Thought the least he could do was acknowledge those who were giving out the medals, would expect that as a matter of courtesy never mind an act as captain. I was also under the impression that teams normally waited on the pitch to see the winners collect the trophy which Celtc didn't do, though that may not be standard practice anymore.

I was at one of Celtc's pre-season friendlies in Boston in the summer where they won a friendly trophy, and thought Brown's attitude then was poor as well. Having a laugh and effectively taking the mick with O'Dea when collecting the trophy, again showing no respect to those presenting the awards. A classless individual on the football pitch IMO, and one that certainly isn't fulfilling his undoubted football potential.

I didn't see the presentation as I turned it off as soon as the final whistle went but if the OP's description of what happened is accurate then that is a poor show by Brown.

I hear people saying that they don't see anything wrong because he's just captained a side to a cup final defeat against his club's biggest rivals. However, there is a way to lose, a graceful way to react to a defeat that is appropriate from someone who holds the status that Scott Brown currently has.

As many on here will know, I am a massive tennis fan and I've just watched Rafael Nadal lose to Novak Djokovic in the final of a pretty big tournament. At the end of the match, Nadal looked Djokovic in the eye as they met at the net and congratulated him in what seemed to be a genuine manner.

At last year's US Open final, the roles were reversed and Nadal beat Djokovic and again at the end of the match, Djokovic came round to Nadal's side of the net and hugged him and congratulated him on his victory.

No-one likes to lose, especially competitive people like sportsmen, if they did then they are in the wrong job. However, I've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Winning, and reacting to victories, is easy. It's a bit more difficult to react to a defeat. No-one would have expected Scott Brown to go up those stairs today as captain of the losing team and have a big cheesy grin on his face but, at the same time, that's not saying that it's understandable or justifiable to completely blank people who are presenting you with a medal.

It's rude, it's disrespectful and it's unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    II've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Winning, and reacting to victories, is easy. It's a bit more difficult to react to a defeat. No-one would have expected Scott Brown to go up those stairs today as captain of the losing team and have a big cheesy grin on his face but, at the same time, that's not saying that it's understandable or justifiable to completely blank people who are presenting you with a medal.

Pretty much agree with all that. I can't remember who said it but I know it was a top sportsman who, looking back over his career, remarked that even the most successful and talented in their field won't win everything they enter but that is always important to remain dignified in both victory and defeat. Furthermore, it is how one deals with adversity that separates the great from the good.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't see the presentation as I turned it off as soon as the final whistle went but if the OP's description of what happened is accurate then that is a poor show by Brown.

I hear people saying that they don't see anything wrong because he's just captained a side to a cup final defeat against his club's biggest rivals. However, there is a way to lose, a graceful way to react to a defeat that is appropriate from someone who holds the status that Scott Brown currently has.

As many on here will know, I am a massive tennis fan and I've just watched Rafael Nadal lose to Novak Djokovic in the final of a pretty big tournament. At the end of the match, Nadal looked Djokovic in the eye as they met at the net and congratulated him in what seemed to be a genuine manner.

At last year's US Open final, the roles were reversed and Nadal beat Djokovic and again at the end of the match, Djokovic came round to Nadal's side of the net and hugged him and congratulated him on his victory.

No-one likes to lose, especially competitive people like sportsmen, if they did then they are in the wrong job. However, I've often heard it said that the true measure of someone is how they respond to setbacks and defeats.

Two words

Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    I actually like Scott Brown. I don't blame him for having a face like thunder when going to collect his medal either, he was obviously hurting.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Face it. Pro football attracts more low life than any other sport. Spitting, swearing, snarling, cheating, week in week out. Why would low life behaviour be suddenly suspended for a cup final?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    O dear, another brown bashing thread!

Just oozes bitterness!

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Two words

Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    O dear, another brown bashing thread!

Just oozes bitterness!
    Is the bitterness over the way he treated Hibs in the end, the fact that he now plays for one side of the Bigot Brothers or because he acts like a twat 90% of the time?

I may have missed them but I've never hear this 'bitterness' argument when threads pop up to slaughter Katie, Stewart, Caldwell etc. The way some Hibs fans still hold a torch for Brown is slightly cringey IMO.