hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle link

Left by mutual consent!

Newcastle link

Is it rubbish? Or any truth in it?

07 Mar 2011 10:40:09
    Huge Signing News For the Famous Edinburgh Hibees!

Sol Compbell has signed a Pre-Contract agreement with his old buddy Colin Calderwood at Easter Road.

The pair have an on - off friendship from way back in their days of London derbies right through until their Coach - Player relationship at Newcastle.

Great signing to help some of the younger players improve even further.

Ooh to Ooh to be, Ooh to be a HIBEE!

07 Mar 2011 12:44:44
    Off the back of the last report I have heard from a former hibs player and current BBC comentator / Match summariser that there will be an ongoing link up with Newcastle for the next 2 years which will see Hibs pick up several of the newcastle youngsters allowing them to gain vital first team experience. There is also an offer made to Alan Smith for a season long loan deal with the offer of a permenant contract on the table.

Good season coming up with the influx of premiership quality players at Easter Road
    Last edited by HNA8; 08-03-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: +greggs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sol Compbell has signed a Pre-Contract agreement with his old buddy Colin Calderwood at Easter Road.

The pair have an on - off friendship from way back in their days of London derbies right through until their Coach - Player relationship at Newcastle.

Off the back of the last report I have heard from a former hibs player and current BBC comentator / Match summariser that there will be an ongoing link up with Newcastle for the next 2 years which will see Hibs pick up several of the newcastle youngsters allowing them to gain vital first team experience. There is also an offer made to Alan Smith for a season long loan deal with the offer of a permenant contract on the table.

Good season coming up with the influx of premiership quality players at Easter Road
    Wouldn't get too excited until it's confirmed on Football Rumours or they're seen on the number 26 with a greggs sausage roll or other savoury snack

Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith. Not Graham unfortunately.
    Last edited by Houchy; 08-03-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X

I hope the Sol Campbell rumour is utter pish, which it most likely is.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    In the words of zlatan...

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    I hope the Sol Campbell rumour is utter pish, which it most likely is.
    Sol Campbell would stroll through games in the SPL.

I agree it's most likely pish though.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aye the keekbackers will laughing at us giving credence to a football rumor one of them most likely started!

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I agree it's the most pish i've ever heard in my life though.
    Fixed ;-)

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Aye the keekbackers will laughing at us giving credence to a football rumor one of them most likely started!
    Who gives a flying what the jamboids think ? Why would you ?
    Last edited by HNA6; 08-03-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Swear filter
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

It would be nice, but players like Smith and Campbell will be earning 25x what we pay.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Oops. Apologies number 6
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

As long as we don't call him "Our Sol" if and when he signs

I could believe us having a link up with Newcastle in some fashion, and I could see Smith coming to the club to do Coaching badges or something, but that's about it...

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Think that's likely though us getting him is sadly much more unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Potentially true.

But on the plus side, when I reminisce about Hibs the memories aren't tarnished by the recollection of a complete and utter bottle job when faced with the opportunity of wrapping up a League and Cup double.

My rather frail memory struggles to extend twenty-five years and sadly my recollection doesn't seem to be supported by photographic or video evidence.

What I would give for positive confirmation of my ramshackle and haphazard memories
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    Highly highly sceptical. Where has this even come from?

@hibs.net private member

Would love this to be true but will only believe it when I see big Sol strolling down Albion Frog and Toad on the Dog and Bone to his agent having just jumped off the 26 bus, celebrating his new Hibs deal with a Greggs sausage roll.

Where did you get this anyway - was it off the FootballRumours site? Come on man SAUCE SAUCE SAUCE !!!

Alan Smith was pretty decent for Arsenal in the 80s and 90s but he's probably a wee bit too old nowadays, best leave him to stick to the punditry.

As for the guy Campbell, well theres no doubt he done a job in his role for Tony Blair in the lates 90s/early 00s. Unfortunately his integrity was called into question though. When Pa Broon brought him back into the fold a couple of years ago it didn't really work out and his team were inevitably relegated. I'd steer clear personally.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

I heard we're signing Michael Owen, he wants to 'do' his coaching badges and is pally with CC after his time at Newcastle..

So he is getting to work with the Hibs staff as well as scoring 100 goals for Hibs next season....

Yep its a football rumours site special. Someone has also just posted that miller is off to hearts and deeks away. That site is just a joke.

I heard Andy Carroll is unhappy with the game time hes getting at his new club and wants to team up with Calderwood again

Alan Smith was pretty decent for Arsenal in the 80s and 90s but he's probably a wee bit too old nowadays, best leave him to stick to the punditry.
    Done none too shabby a job as Crystal Palace boss though. Seems to have dropped of the radar since Mowbray took over at Middlesboro so he may be looking at pastures new.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can we just ban people who post ***** from football rumours. I'm sure this poster has been at it with this crap before.

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    I heard we're signing Michael Owen, he wants to 'do' his coaching badges and is pally with CC after his time at Newcastle..

So he is getting to work with the Hibs staff as well as scoring 100 goals for Hibs next season....
    I'd rather have Deek

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can see why he'd come here. We are near a port so plenty sailors to make pals wi

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Yep its a football rumours site special. Someone has also just posted that miller is off to hearts and deeks away. That site is just a joke.
    as if Hibs.net is full of 100% rumours. How many times has someone on Hibs.net said Miller is away to Hertz and Deeks has played his last game?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Can we just ban people who post ***** from football rumours. I'm sure this poster has been at it with this crap before.
    So! It is a football forum. If you don't like it, don't read it!

The purpose of my post was to ask whether there was any truth in it! I am not saying it is true or not! I am not in the know, I don't know whether it is likely or not. All I am asking is whether there is any truth in it. Your opinion that it is p!sh is likely to be true, but why ban something just because you don't agree with it.

Left by mutual consent!
    As mythical as our friendly against top Premiership opposition this weekend.....To keep our momentum going believe it or not....

I don't want Sol Campbell. He's a lazy old sod and not worth his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Wouldn't get too excited until it's confirmed on Football Rumours or they're seen on the number 26 with a greggs sausage roll or other savoury snack

Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith. Not Graham unfortunately.
    I'm sure I saw Sol Campbell at a bus stop that the no. 26 goes from, with a packet of crisps that COULD have been bought at Greggs. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith.
    About as much chance of us signing Lionel Messi. Never been forgiven for joining '****'... his old boy had to give up drinking in the local he'd been in all his life FFS. Not gonna happen.

Whatever happened to the last player we signed from NUFC?

Sol Campbell and Alan Smith taking a wage drop of about £30,000 each a week so that they can have the joy of playing at New St Mirren Park, New Douglas Park, McDiarmid Park and save the best for last...... Tynecastle. Somehow I very much doubt it.