hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sick of the old firm

Lennon, diouf, brown, bigotry, paranoia, death threats, media bias etc etc.

Why don't they gtf. Would rather a smaller honest league than put up with any more of their gutter level behaviors.

Scotlands shame.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why don't they gtf. Would rather a smaller honest league than put up with any more of their gutter level behaviors.

Scotlands shame.

Their gutter level behaviour is what makes it watchable

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Over the years, managers/management of non Old Firm fans have received anything up to 9 or 10 match bans and huge fines for bad mouthing refs or geting all shouty. Lennon, 3 times, and McCoist, twice, are involved in threatening behaviour in front of 60K during a fixture which a senior cop has already condemned as being not worth the risk to Glasgow citizens. We await reaction - both form Glagow residents later tonight, and the football/police authorities. Don't hold your breath.
    We already have Sky's reaction: Oh -that was AWFUL, chuckle chuckle - ( meaning:7 of these next season! Great! Get your subscription paud now.)
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

You can guarantee that the SPL/SFA or whoever already have somebody on standby with the carpet lifted and a big brush in their hand.

@hibs.net private member

Scotlands shame.
    Not sticking up for him because he played for Hibs but why Brown? I didn't see him step out of line. Also Cheery chappie McCoist was at it in the first half and at full time. Why not have a go at him. Smith didn't appear to see anything wrong with his players actions in the post match interview and blamed the ref. (Aye he will go in front of SFA and get carpeted right enough!) for balance don't forget Mjalby. By the way Celtic had 3 yellows compared to Rangers 10. Maybe Celtic aren't to blame this time................
    Last edited by PatHead; 02-03-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Their gutter level behaviour is what makes it watchable

Its like watching the scheme,

These overpaid thugs are the idols of young boys looking to be just like them.

Tonight has done nothing but damage not only to Scottish football but to the name of Scotland itself.

It may have been exciting to some but what kind of impression does that give to the supporters. Its just not acceptable and something must be done about it now.

Throw the book at them and throw them out!

Excuse my ignorance but have not seen the game.

What happened?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Not sticking up for him because he played for Hibs but why Brown? I didn't see him step out of line. Also Cheery chappie McCoist was at it in the first half and at full time. Why not have a go at him. Smith didn't appear to see anything wrong with his players actions in the post match interview and blamed the ref. (Aye he will go in front of SFA and get carpeted right enough!) \for balance don;t forget Mjaby
    And he IS a Legend

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post

Its like watching the scheme,
    although the individuals in the scheme have a bit more intellect about them

Only saw the report on SSN. Hope the authorities have the Allan McGraw's to throw the book at both clubs for their behaviour on and off the field tonight. Neil Lennon is a total fud and I wish Coisty had decked the wee bassa. No surprise Diouf got himself in trouble either.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The title to this thread say it all.

They can't live with each other and can't live without each other. Adult ticket price tonight was £40. 57,847 crowd plus corporate etc. Both clubs made a packet especially when the tv revenue is added. The fact they play each other so often means familiarity which breeds contempt.

You wonder why the shirt sponsor would have anything to do with either club and then you realise it's the product fueling their fans behaviour in every *****hole in Scotland after the game. A cycle of shame.

Sadly both set of OF directors would happily play each other 7 times a season for maximum revenue and the media thrive on the hysteria surrounding each circus. Petrie etc bow down to this by advocating a 10 team league.

OFGTF
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Only saw the report on SSN. Hope the authorities have the Allan McGraw's to throw the book at both clubs for their behaviour on and off the field tonight. Neil Lennon is a total fud and I wish Coisty had decked the wee bassa. No surprise Diouf got himself in trouble either.
    I'm not defending Lennon as I agree he is genetically sub-human but the incident with McCoist was instigated by McCoist 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I'm not defending Lennon as I agree he is genetically sub-human but the incident with McCoist was instigated by McCoist 100%.
    What did he say to Lennon? Funny mind you as Ally shiit his breeks as soon as Lennon made a move for him. Think he was looking for Diouf to get him out of jail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    What did he say to Lennon? Funny mind you as Ally shiit his breeks as soon as Lennon made a move for him. Think he was looking for Diouf to get him out of jail.
    We'll never know what he actually said but they came together in what appeared to be a sort of friendly manner but McCoist clearly drew Lennon towards him and said something that brought the red mist.

Got more time (about a nanosecond, mind) for Lennon than the cowardly worm that is McCoist.

While the 'game' and afters was amusing and exciting, it was, as has been pointed out above, pretty toe-curling stuff. Both teams and management staff's behaviour was utterly shameful.

The CIS final should be played behind closed doors.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Got more time (about a nanosecond, mind) for Lennon than the cowardly worm that is McCoist.

While the 'game' and afters was amusing and exciting, it was, as has been pointed out above, pretty toe-curling stuff. Both teams and management staff's behaviour was utterly shameful.

The CIS final should be played behind closed doors.
    As I commented earlier Celtic player's behaviour was excellent despite being kicked off the park. Lennon on the other hand...........

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    I got a taxi this evening and talked about what he thought of the game he said he was a Celtic fan but he said he didn't like the atmosphere of the OF games and hates the abuse he gets after the game

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    As I commented earlier Celtic player's behaviour was excellent despite being kicked off the park. Lennon on the other hand...........
    Not sure what Lennon is supposed to have done wrong. Apparently Diouf barged the Celtic physio as he went on the pitch to look at Izziguere (or however the **** you spell it) and then wandered across to the touchline - what was he doing there, apart from looking for trouble? The incident at full-time can only be laid at Fat Ally's door.

Lennon made a total and unmitigated fud of himself in the earlier part of the season with the 'decisions' nonsense but he's been very restrained since.

As you correctly point out, the CFC players themselves did well to keep the heid but Mjallby should have kept his distance at half time and, yes, Lennon should have just smiled at whatever McCoist said at FT.

First Team Breakthrough Cal 7-0's Avatar
    Who really gives one, he said they said, they are as bad as each other who wasn't a fud this time will be a fud next time. As for Broon he's been dragged into the cellic way with his moronic need to get involved. I really wish they would gtf and take the East Coast weegies that melt ma lugs each day in life with them!!

@hibs.net private member
    An absolute shocking game. But the tension and ill discipline that they BOTH have is thrilling to watch. Unfortunaetly we all have to pay for the hype. I'm sure Strathclyde's finest would have been run of their feet again last night with assaults and domestic violence soaring. Sad for Scotland as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'm sure Strathclyde's finest would have been run of their feet again last night with assaults and domestic violence soaring.
    30 arrests at the ground last night according to media reports this morning.

Can you imagine the headlines there would be if there were 30 arrests at any other Scottish football game?

Compulsive viewing but not much to do with football.

@hibs.net private member
    Wrong. It was Lennon who tried to act like a mental case, as usual.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    30 arrests at the ground last night according to media reports this morning.

Can you imagine the headlines there would be if there were 30 arrests at any other Scottish football game?
    How many arrests outside the ground or at bars showing the game or in the streets of Glasgow? Probably at least 10 times that.

How many ended up in A&E in a drunken stupor, having to be looked after to prevent them choking on their own vomit? How many ended up in A&E needing treatment for glassings or stabbings or domestic violence?

Who pays for all this?

Scotlands shame.
    Could not agree more

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I was saying exactly the same thing last night, absolutely sick to death, tired, bored of the whole bigot fest.

BTW, I thought the ref had an excellent game last night and called 95% of the decisions correctly.

OFGTF

It was great TV watching and, after all, that's what it's about these days, no?

Various pundits - Pat Nevin included - could hardly hide the shrill delight in their voices as they witnessed the scenes of carnage. Libya ain't got nothing on this!

Walter Smith clearly signed Diouf in a hamfisted attempt to noise up Celtic so it was good to see the plan backfire.

Smith actually said afterwards that Diouf is "an easy target"! Aye right!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It was great TV watching and, after all, that's what it's about these days, no?

Various pundits - Pat Nevin included - could hardly hide the shrill delight in their voices as they witnessed the scenes of carnage. Libya ain't got nothing on this!

Walter Smith clearly signed Diouf in a hamfisted attempt to noise up Celtic so it was good to see the plan backfire.

Smith actually said afterwards that Diouf is "an easy target"! Aye right!
    What channel was he on? it was Pat Bonnar, Neil McCann and Jim White on my telly.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    How many arrests outside the ground or at bars showing the game or in the streets of Glasgow? Probably at least 10 times that.

How many ended up in A&E in a drunken stupor, having to be looked after to prevent them choking on their own vomit? How many ended up in A&E needing treatment for glassings or stabbings or domestic violence?

Who pays for all this?
    Completely sickened with it to be honest and great we have another one in a couple of weeks again. Superb.

A guy in my work was speaking to a senior guy in the Ambulance service recently and he says that there are 20% more calls nationally for Ambulances after an Infirm game. We should be so proud makes Scotland look like a complete medieval backwater.