hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

"Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't."

Calderwood's Green and White Army!!:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    :cgwa

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

5 in a row

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    IN CALDO WE TRUST!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    "Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't be"

Fantastic quote! I have a good feeling about our current manager.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

So delighted with the recent run of games

I had my doubts about CC and the board but in the transfer window the manager brought in the correct players and the board allowed it to happen.

As a result we have looked stronger as a unit and shown fight and hunger that was missing

Sodje isn't Drogba but he was an improvement on what we were missing and has now scored 2 important goals in 5 games.

Another big game Sunday but winnable again

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The full quote didn't fit, so I had to paraphrase!:cgwa
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

We have probably left our run too late to make the top 6.

The current top 6 will probably all get enough points to stay there.

Hibs are now 16 points ahead of Hamilton, who have a game in hand. If we can maintain the 16 point gap to the split, that would allow us to play the last five games with no pressure.

Who would have thought that a few weeks ago?

Well done Hibs. Well done CC.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Calderwood's Green and White Army!!:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
    FFS you might have at least waited till the fans got back from Hamilton.

I was always undecided regarding Calderwood but I did doubt the commitment of the moneymen. However as a work-in-progress, the job seems well underway and aye, it augurs well particularly for next season. For the remainder of this season, its important to stabilise and consolidate and who knows what the future may hold? But the slivers of green and white are shining ever-brighter by the week so well done to all concerned.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Sodje isn't Drogba
    Source?!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    The full quote didn't fit, so I had to paraphrase!:cgwa
    he obviously believes in himself and not in an arrogant way, Fingers crossed we can keep it up!
    :cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    At the start of CC's reign the players looked like they had nothing in them to avoid relegation, we all thought we were doomed. The January transfer window comes along and CC makes all the right signings! Who'd a thought it

Let's hope we can make it to 3rd next season! :cgwa

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Source?!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9409745.stm

If we had done what ah wanted and sacked Calderwood after the Dundee Utd game (or in November when ah originally floated the idea), we could have avoided all this 'winning 5 in a row' pish and still been in a tense and exciting relegation battle.

Ah'll no' rest until Jimmy "Done loads and loads in the game, likes" Calderwood is in the dug-oot at ER. Aw you balloons shouting fi the rooftops about how guid CC is dinnae have a clue.

Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't.

Perhaps, but how was his body language when he said it?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Murray on for Miller.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Murray on for Miller.
    Murray should have been on much earlier, in the 42nd minute.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Murray should have been on much earlier, in the 42nd minute.
    I've checked and Murray has a much better website than Smith and Miller, but has never been seen on the no26 bus. Swings and roundabouts.

Bring back Tam McCourt on Sunday I say!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If we had done what ah wanted and sacked Calderwood after the Dundee Utd game (or in November when ah originally floated the idea), we could have avoided all this 'winning 5 in a row' pish and still been in a tense and exciting relegation battle.

Ah'll no' rest until Jimmy "Done loads and loads in the game, likes" Calderwood is in the dug-oot at ER. Aw you balloons shouting fi the rooftops about how guid CC is dinnae have a clue.

In footballing terms we are still in the short term. We still have a long way to go and its how we react to slips (lets hope the next slip doesn’t last a year like the last one did) that will be a measure of the teams progress in the longer term.

As for the support, we’ve come a long way too, lets hope we never return to the dark ages of booing our own players. There are 11 other players and a referee out there we can give such ‘praise’ to.

Five wins in a row for HIB5 is fantastic and we are rightly on the crest of a wave but lets not kid ourselves there isn't still a long way to go.
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough paxtonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I've checked and Murray has a much better website than Smith and Miller, but has never been seen on the no26 bus. Swings and roundabouts.

Bring back Tam McCourt on Sunday I say!!
    Aye,a day after the game,suits me

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quite impressed with CC. Some of the earlier results under him were a bit frustrating, but always felt we had to wait until he could bring in his own players and let them get a chance to turn things around. Didnt expect it to be as dramatic a turnaround as this though, 5 in a row is amazing when a few weeks ago we were right in the relegation battle.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    In footballing terms we are still in the short term. We still have a long way to go and its how we react to slips (lets hope the next slip doesn’t last a year like the last one did) that will be a measure of the teams progress in the longer term.

As for the support, we’ve come a long way too, lets hope we never return to the dark ages of booing our own players. There are 11 other players and a referee out there we can give such ‘praise’ to.

Five wins in a row for HIB5 is fantastic and we are rightly on the crest of a wave but lets not kid ourselves there isn't still a long way to go.
    Absolutely.

We've beaten the bottom 2 teams 3 times and beat Killie and ICT at home. Excellent results but there is no acid test in there for me and yes things are a whole lot brighter than they were 5 weeks ago but for the size of club like Hibs and the players at his disposal the run of games leading up to end Jan has made us bottom 6 and out of the Scottish Cup to a team of part timers from Ayr.

There are positives and I'm becoming more relaxed about the appointment but if it was crazy to judge someone over 13 weeks its as crazy to judge someone over 5.

However, and just to clarify, anyone who realises that Rankin, McBride, Nish, Hart weren't fit for the jersey is doing a good rebuilding job in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

Just thinking the same!!
    Plus CC has nae a website FFS were is Jimmy "The Sun Tan Kid" Calderwood has http://www.eastwesthealing.com/detox...t-sun-tan.aspx

Calderwood has provided a calm and measured response since the day he took over, inheriting a dreadful situation pre-january but remaining focused on the job in hand, i think he has gained the trust of Petrie in a short period of turbulent times at Easter Road.
    I think that the .net board has also served a useful purpose in getting the fans together and behind the team when everything seemed to be spiralling out of control.
    There is still a lot of work ahead but Calderwood and Adams have proved to be quick learners as to what the SPL requires in terms of getting results, finding a balance between the physical and the creative aspects of the game, i think they`ve just begun.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Absolutely.

We've beaten the bottom 2 teams 3 times and beat Killie and ICT at home. Excellent results but there is no acid test in there for me and yes things are a whole lot brighter than they were 5 weeks ago but for the size of club like Hibs and the players at his disposal the run of games leading up to end Jan has made us bottom 6 and out of the Scottish Cup to a team of part timers from Ayr.

There are positives and I'm becoming more relaxed about the appointment but if it was crazy to judge someone over 13 weeks its as crazy to judge someone over 5.

However, and just to clarify, anyone who realises that Rankin, McBride, Nish, Hart weren't fit for the jersey is doing a good rebuilding job in my eyes.
    No arguement here guys. There were long periods in the second half our midfield were outplayed and outmuscled by Hamilton last night.
    Calderwood has admitted himself that this run has probably peaked. Expect changes on Saturday and that will tell us a whole lot more about our new found resolve.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Where did that quote come from?