hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar

Season tickets 2011

I was just reading the information on season tickets for next year and was surprised to notice a change that some fans may not have been aware of.

I currently have a ticket for the west lower with my 2 sons, 1 a student & the other a Hibs Kid, if I remember correctly the cost of tickets last season were:

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student.
    £75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

Hibernian say that they have frozen prices however that is not entirely true as they have introduced a Hibs Futures Ticket. That means I will now have to pay:

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student
    £120 for Hibs Kid Futures.

A total of £645.

I thought the whole idea was to get youngsters into the ground so they would in turn become the next generation of adult supporter.

Frozen prices should mean frozen prices, not new price scales to scam extra money off families who can probably least afford it.

I am now so peeved off with the club for this underhand tactic that I am seriously considering not renewing any of my 3 tickets.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just reading the information on season tickets for next year and was surprised to notice a change that some fans may not have been aware of.

I currently have a ticket for the west lower with my 2 sons, 1 a student & the other a Hibs Kid, if I remember correctly the cost of tickets last season were:

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student.
    £75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

Hibernian say that they have frozen prices however that is not entirely true as they have introduced a Hibs Futures Ticket. That means I will now have to pay:

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student

A total of £645.

I thought the whole idea was to get youngsters into the ground so they would in turn become the next generation of adult supporter.

Frozen prices should mean frozen prices, not new price scales to scam extra money off families who can probably least afford it.

I am now so peeved off with the club for this underhand tactic that I am seriously considering not renewing any of my 3 tickets.
    You would have thought so.

Disabled season tickets are also increasing by 20% so this is false advertising by Hibs.

I thought companies got in trouble for this.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    You would have thought so.

Disabled season tickets are also increasing by 20% so this is false advertising by Hibs.

I thought companies got in trouble for this.
    What did Hibs say when you contacted them about this?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Exactly what i was going to ask.

I'll be contacting them when I get my season ticket stuff through the door.

Why wait? if you know they are about to commit an offence is it not better to let them know before it happens?

@hibs.net private member
    Your ticket will be £380 in the next year I think. You get a discount because you're buying with a concession.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student.
    £75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

£405 for me.
    £120 for Student

A total of £645.

£380 for yours if you buy them at the same time and get the family price, but it still makes you out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Why wait? if you know they are about to commit an offence is it not better to let them know before it happens?
    I don't know the ins and outs of the law, I just thought it was against the rules/laws of advertising to mislead people in the way that Hibs seem to be doing with this "price freeze" advert.

I can't believe that Hibs would allow themselves to fall foul of any laws so there must be a loophole somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Your ticket will be £380 in the next year I think. You get a discount because you're buying with a concession.

I don't know the ins and outs of the law, I just thought it was against the rules/laws of advertising to mislead people in the way that Hibs seem to be doing with this "price freeze" advert.

I can't believe that Hibs would allow themselves to fall foul of any laws so there must be a loophole somewhere.
    Was there a 'Hibs Kid Futures' price band last year? If not, that's how they'll be doing it since it didn't exist before.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Your correct, but I'm sure it was the same price last year.

I picked up the wrong adult price on the offical site, it still means an extra £45 for me if I renew.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...nts/what-is-it

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Was there a 'Hibs Kid Futures' price band last year? If not, that's how they'll be doing it since it didn't exist before.
    I'm talking about the disabled prices though, not the kids prices.

This season, my season ticket cost £100, next season, it's going to cost £120.

No price freeze there.

I'm talking about the disabled prices though, not the kids prices.

This season, my season ticket cost £100, next season, it's going to cost £120.

No price freeze there.
    Did you have to buy the cup top up seperately last year?

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Thanks for that. Having checked that out, I would say that Hibs are guilty of falsely advertising their season ticket prices for next season.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Everybody did so that argument is irrelevant imo

Cup top ups were separate this season but I didn't get one.

Right, for confirmation my tickets cost £595 this season and will cost £620 next season.

I think the £595 last season included a £10 Hibs Kid membership, I'm not sure if that will still need added to next seasons cost.

Here is what they say

"2010 PRICING -*prices have been recategorised and held at 2010 levels, with new discounted*and added value packages."

That is a bit different from saying all prices have been frozen.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do we need to wait for "the stuff" or can we apply now?

Everybody did so that argument is irrelevant imo
    It is with regards the advertising of prices, but if you bought one last year and get it free this year by taking the early bird offer, then surely you'll be getting the seasons cheaper overall this time round?

What price was the cup top up last year - £40, £50 something like that? (I'm not trying to be clever BTW, I genuinely can't remember)

Do we need to wait for the stuff or can we apply now?
    Forms are online now

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/se...,10290,00.html

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    It is with regards the advertising of prices, but if you bought one last year and get it free this year by taking the early bird offer, then surely you'll be getting the seasons cheaper overall this time round?

What price was the cup top up last year - £40, £50 something like that? (I'm not trying to be clever BTW, I genuinely can't remember)

Forms are online now

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/se...,10290,00.html
    Thanks for link.

Yes, think adults top up was £50. Agree as a package many will be better off, but a lot of folk don't get to cup games as they are midweek so never buy a top up. I think that on the face of it the adverts are misleading if even one category goes up for the cost of a basic ST irrespective of what gets added in free.

Here is what they say

"2010 PRICING -*prices have been recategorised and held at 2010 levels, with new discounted*and added value packages."

That is a bit different from saying all prices have been frozen.
    Here is something else that they also say;

"The Club has FROZEN prices at 2010/11 levels for next season".

That is pretty conclusive in my book and you would think that, after reading that, the basic price of all season tickets would be exactly the same as last year. They've even capitalised the word "frozen" for greater effect.

Forget cup top ups and all the rest of it, I'm talking about the basic cost of a season ticket, for the 19 home league games.

What I cannot fathom out is the statement about the Hibs Futures tickets, it states on the offical site 'after feedback from the supporters', what supporter wants to pay £120 for a 12-15 year old child instead of £75. Has the club made this up or are there actually people out there who want to throw money away.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Here is something else that they also say;

"The Club has FROZEN prices at 2010/11 levels for next season".

That is pretty conclusive in my book and you would think that, after reading that, the basic price of all season tickets would be exactly the same as last year. They've even capitalised the word "frozen" for greater effect.

Forget cup top ups and all the rest of it, I'm talking about the basic cost of a season ticket, for the 19 home league games.
    So why not email them now to make them aware of what appears to be an error in the advertising?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    What I cannot fathom out is the statement about the Hibs Futures tickets, it states on the offical site 'after feedback from the supporters', what supporter wants to pay £120 for a 12-15 year old child instead of £75. Has the club made this up or are there actually people out there who want to throw money away.
    I have an 11 year old who currently has a ST but most weeks doesn't want to go. I would easily have just renewed and "encouraged" him along when I could so he didn't lose any option to go hoping that he would realise the error of his ways. But with him being 12 soon his ST will just about double in price and it makes my decision dead easy. Maybe even another future adult ST lost

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    So why not email them now to make them aware of what appears to be an error in the advertising?
    Because I want to be 100% certain that I am correct in what I am saying.

Although I'm 99% sure that myself and my helper both paid £100 for our season tickets this year and a poster on here confirmed the other day to me that a relative of his also paid £100 for his season ticket this year, there remains a tiny element of doubt in my mind as to this season's prices.

So before I go ranting and raving and accusing the club of false advertising and all the rest of it, I plan to contact the ticket office and confirm the actual prices for this season and if they confirm what I believe to be the case, I'll then be writing a letter of complaint.

When the average price paid for a season ticket was published there was quite a few posts on here expressing surprise at how low that figure was.
    £120 for a kids season ticket seems fair to me. I would make students pay more though.
    Last edited by marinello59; 27-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I would make students pay more though.
    I would just be more strict checking peoples eligibility for a concession, whether that be student, disabled, carer or an adult using a kids ticket.

When the average price paid for a season ticket was published there was quite a few posts on here expressing surprise at how low that figure was.
    £120 for a kids season ticket seems fair to me. I would make students pay more though.
    I would hazard a guess that you don't take kids to the games!