hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar

Dean Richards (NHC)

Read on the news that former Spurs centre half Dean Richards died at the age of 36. Good player, always looked good at the heart of defence and was working with the youth team at Hull of late.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I read this on the Sky Sports App on my Iphone just before the game. Very sad news.
    R.I.P.

what an utter shame, only 36...

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Sad news indeed..RIP <dovesmiley>

Everyone at Tottenham Hotspur was saddened to hear of the death of our former player Dean Richards, who passed away this morning at the age of 36 after a long-term battle with serious illness.

Dean started his career at Bradford City and then moved to Wolverhampton Wanderers before establishing himself in the Premier League with Southampton.

The centre-half joined the Club from Southampton in September 2001 and made an immediate impact by scoring on his Spurs debut against Manchester United at White Hart Lane.

In total the former England Under-21 defender went on to play 81 games in our colours and scored four goals before being forced to retire at the age of 30 on medical grounds.

There will be a tribute paid to the defender ahead of our fixture next Sunday at Molineux against his former club Wolves.

We extend our sincere condolences to the family of Dean Richards at this very sad time.

Rip

Left by mutual consent!
    Funeral today, this was first I knew of it. Was not a bad player and I thought was good.

RIP big man.